Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Drunken Oaf

The thing is, lockdown loons are absolute cookie cutter material. Idiots without an original thought between them.

Find me a lockdown mask shagger who isn't also:

End direct provision

BLM'

Believes in the climate emergency

Believes in removal of cars in place of cycling infrastructure

Believes absolutely everything that comes out of Ukraine

On Twitter with the pronouns

You show me one, just one lockdown nutter (aside from the elderly who have been frightened into submission) who doesn't also believe in every one of the above.

You won't. Because Branch Covidiansm is just one facet of a mind that hates logic, facts and science.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Is the new chief medical officer taking up her roll tomorrow? It’s going to be interesting to see what ‘advice’ she’ll be giving the government from tomorrow. I wonder what ideas and opinions she has going around in her head, especially to build up a bit of stardom and to be noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭kirk.

It can only go one way if there's action

You can't ease no-restrictions 😁

I wonder will there be a bit of 🥕 and stick with restrictions going forward

Varadkar will probably be saying if we take the 2nd gen vaccine the restrictions will go

Uptake is going to be a problem now with vaccination fatigue having set in

You’d imagine with so much prevalence of Omicron around the vaccines wouldn’t be much of a priority . Nearly everyone I know has the virus at the moment including an 80 year old man who brushed it off like water off a ducks back. He said he had worse flu’s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I believe the most likely source of Covid was it being a bio weapon brought to Wuhan by foreign, probabky American, participants at the 2019 World Military Games.

I believe the reason for this was to

.put in motion a chain of events that would remove Donald Trump from office. In 2019 the chances of the Democrats winning in 2020 were slim to none. An added upside would be to give the people of Britain a bloody nose for standing up for freedom re Brexit.

• normalise systems of all but mandatory vaccination
    • A great reset of our relationship with the car, cimmuting, interpersonal relationships
    • A case study in how whole populations are led to mania, division and groupthink

At a local level every national government, although not informed in advance of the plan, had their own motivations. Of the Irish government, I would be confident at least one individual in the cabinet, maybe a second, both of them FG members, knew what was coming well in advance, due to their connections to the Bilderberg Group and the WEF. Two men on record as their loyalty to Ireland and being Irish extending about as far as rugby matches at Landsdowne. A pair of dyed in the wool pan globalists, cookie cutters of Macron, Tredeau, Merkel, Rutte, Jacinda Ardern and every other soulless arsehole elected in the last 5 odd years.

My guess, the plan was formulated at some point in the summer of 2019. Test amounts of early Covid variants were possibly even released in places like Barcelona and Milan, as evidenced by wastewater analysis from this period.

Mehole, not a chance that absolute gobdaw was allowed know the plan, just how if 9/11 really was an inside job George W was the last person they were telling. Taoiseach Dougal probably still thinks it was all real to this day.

The primary Irish government motivation was to

• artificially inflate house prices, which by late 2019/ early 2020 had started to flatline at what were reasonably affordable rates even in Dublin
    • to break Irish society's centuries long affiliation with the pub. The intention being to destroy your "Saturday afternoon, 13 pints and premier league" venue in the villages and the suburban housing estates, places frequented by people who wouldn't vote FG FF in a fit. With the hope that by the end of the plandemic all that would remain were craft bars and other city centre tourist type venues.
    • To test how far a population brought to the brink of insanity by Europe's longest and most baffling illogical could be pushed. ESRI psychologists having a field day with the data.
    • To test stupidity. To see how many gobdaws could believe in 9 euro meals, masks when going to the jacks, thinking masks protect etc etc.
    • To punish the population for not having delivered a clear cut victory to neither FF or FG

I frankly would find it difficult to have any respect for any non elderly person that does not believe in most of the above. Stupidity and ignorance falls outside of the term "everyone is entitled to their own opinion".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Personally, I would consider the current workplace approach to covid as a restriction on a company's ability to function and deliver their services. And in turn a restriction on those in need of such services. And it appears to be on the verge of getting even worse with talks about "long covid" being officially recognised as a workplace injury.

Hope to Christ Ron DeSantis gets the presidency in 2024. The man is a maverick and a realist, I wouldn't put it past him setting up a team that would look into prosecuting those who brought us to this level of insanity.

• Advertisement

He's one of the good guys.

I liked Trump but he went a bit mad towards the end.

How do the UK compare to us with all this workplace disruption

If I want to see what living with COVID is really like I'd look to what the Tories are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's already/still advisory on public transport and busy indoor areas - they wouldn't be putting legislation back on the books if the intent wasn't to legally mandate it at some point.

They tried that last time.. get vaccinated as the way out of restrictions. Indeed, I think it's why the vast majority went along

It didn't happen though. Restrictions were dragged on regardless.

Fool me once...

Dr Barry on RTE now claiming another variant has emerged in India and picking up pace and should be with us by September 🙄🙄

I didn't last time either for the most part.

I went with one of the plastic face shields. Still ridiculous, but less personally uncomfortable and frustrating than a mask

If they try to bring this back for what is still a mild dose of the sniffles for the majority in the midst of darkening evenings and spiralling heating bills and fuel costs, on top of all the other issues we face, I can see a lot of unrest.

It doesn't happen often (last time being the Irish Water protests), but there seems to be a lot of simmering anger and frustration out there at the moment.

There won't be unrest over masks

There could be a lot of non compliance

I know I won't be bothering my ****

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I didn't actually say that, that's your projected version of it, but some people are really struggling to let it go. I'm genuinely sorry you continue to feel that way. COVID is over bar some slightly obvious exceptions and it has been for over four months. In due course there will be a review of how we went about things. None of these claims about next winter are real at all BTW but they are clearly real for you.

It feels like COVID is being prolonged by the work outages and hospital stats and media sensationalism

That's my take on it all. I feel that it's not over until we decide to end it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭growleaves

Of course they matter, these are some of the most significant events in Irish history.

Your commentary around this is bizarre, you asked people to "purge their memories" in a previous post.

Of course you could ask people not to look back with especial bitterness but nobody is forgetting anything, why would they. The public panic was itself a response to media and political hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nah not purging them, again a reworking of my words, just putting them in their place as part of of our life story. I don't see much to remember about the last two years except that there was probably far too much caution at times, but driven by events at that time. Ultimately we moved out of it far faster than many other countries. That we will all learn something from, otherwise life stretches ahead of us, not behind us.

The fiat financial system, as we know it, has come to an end. It was actually on it's knees by 2009 or so, but they kept injecting it with more and more printing. The longer such stimulation continued, the bigger the eventual crash would be. Its completely done now, which the powers that be have recognised. America is in record debt. They will collapse into the new CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency) system, due approx 2024-25, according to the ECB and US Fed.

Covid and the war arrived in good time to provide a smokescreen. Politicians will continue to blame these events for what was already an inevitable (and necessary) collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Most supermarkets have security at the doors, the small shop probably won't care too much though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Agree 100%.....Even more so due to it's accuracy 🙂

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

There are pleanty of Branch Covidians now re-emerging from the wings.

That well known,totally neutral and uninvolved "expert" Dr Cilian de Gascun of the hugely well funded (post covid) National Virus Reference Laboratory has leapt onto the stage to brief RTE as to what we're gonna hafta do if we want to stay alive this winter...

One chink of light is the final quote from Dr Gerald Barry of U.C.D where he has chosen a rather unusual turn of phrase regarding more vaccinations...

"I think considering what's happening and considering the likelihood of further waves, I think vaccination should be an option for everyone really," he said.

No thanks,Doc.... 😎

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Ah yes,But....that review will NOT be featuring any contribution from Dr Holohan or Mr Reid,two of the most important Covid personages in Ireland.

It will,I suspect feature a tramload of Civil Servants,as junior as can be found,to be metaphorically garotted by a succession of Junior & Senior Counsel,none of whom will earn a penny from the "review".

The whiff of decay from this entire production is very strong indeed !! 👺

Maybe we could get him to do a speech in Dublin.?

RDS in the RDS !!! 😎

Bound to have a familial connection in the North Inner City surely ?

• Advertisement

So you believe that this thing just happened to originate in the fish market. Just by chance.

You believe that the lockdowns, the societal reset, the hyperinflation, none of this could have been predicted or avoided and it certainly wasn't deliberate.

Jesus. Don't tell anyone that in public whatever you do.

Advertisement