Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Ok, so if it's not convincing enough - it's an animation. If it is convincing enough it is real footage. Gotcha 👍️

So is this real footage then:

and this is real footage:

and this even this is real footage?:

It's ok if you think it's real. I'm not in the business of spoiling people's fantasies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again man, you believe that all space flight is fake.

That's very very dumb.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You said they have a history of faking footage. Other than your personal opinion that everything is fake, where is anything to support your claims about their history of faking things? There must be something you are thinking of where they have been exposed as faking footage for you to make such a claim.

You never answered my question as to whether any of the footage above is real.

Why do you keep avoiding questions?

Lol. Very ironic for you to be saying this.

Or are you just playing acting cause you're in a huffy mood again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Just jumping in again here regarding “ufo’s being real” . My two questions is why are governments only now admitting their existence ? (Is it a distraction or something). Secondly why would we believe that UFOs are real , we humans all have HD camera phones in our hands for nearly 10 years now. Why has nobody taken compelling unquestionable footage of all these supposed alien craft ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not familiar with those exact videos, but know that Space X was doing something regarding catching of rockets at sea, and have seen other live streamed footage of the rockets that perform the vertical landings. Sometimes successfully, other times less gracefully or with big explosions.

What makes you think those videos you linked are fake?

Did Space X say they were fakes, or has someone else exposed them as fake? You've made the initial claim about fake footage, show your evidence.

So you are not going to decide whether they are real or fake because nobody told you? I hope you don't extend this mentality to any other areas in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,850 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You believe all space flight from everyone is faked, the Chinese, the Russians, the US, Europe. All satellites. GPS. All astronauts, all the science, all the spacecraft and rovers the Soviets sent up. All the private companies, SpaceX, Blue Origins, the entire study of orbital mechanics, everything.

The entire thing is faked for decades. Why?

• Advertisement

... Plus anyone who flew on Concorde and saw the curvature of the earth, any school science project which sent up a weather balloon with a GoPro on it, anyone who has taken round the world flights, anyone who has looked through a telescope, anyone who has any slight understanding of the world around them,.. Basically the entire population of the world is in on the conspiracy except for Markus and we're all just pretending that the earth isn't flat in order to wind him up.

What are you on about? The fact that you are a mod in the science forum is very concerning to me - you seem obsessed with the earth being flat. Didn't Neil DeAss Tyson say the curve wasn't detectable under 120K feet or some other such arbitrary figure? Need to get your story straight.

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Lol. Why do you call him"Neil DeAss Tyson".

That's not his name.

Are you attempting to make some kind of very silly very childish joke about his name?

I hope not and it's just a spelling mistake. Cause otherwise it would be the only thing you could do to make you seem even stupider and more ridiculous than you already are.

Which is impressive as you are already the most ridiculous poster on a UFO thread.

Huh? You're the one who thinks the earth is flat and all space flight and thus pretty much everything in the modern world is faked.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Lot of handbag swinging going on lately.....

Let's hear some opinions on what these 'fuzzy blobs' are....

As nobody knows yet (including the best science brains in the business), there are no right or wrongs opinions at the moment....

Me: Some type of frequency / vibration stuff we don't understand (yet).

Which fuzzy blob in particular?

Each one can obviously be a different thing depending

Fuzzy blobs being a collective description of the objects in the skies...

To me ( a totally unscientific person), they look like pulsating blobs of energy...

Again, as a totally unscientific person, I dwell on what these objects are?

First of all, I don't think these things have pilots, or any form of intelligent navigation driving them on..

A look at ball lightening as a similar comparison.. Some form of energy that lasts much longer than a lightening strike, some yet unknown energy mass that has breakneck speeds and maneuvers, that may or may not follow a pre-ordained path?

Now there's something to chump on.

Of course, nothing matches up perfectly to my theory. The 'fuzzy blob' seen zipping around the skies, and dipping in and out of the ocean makes no sense to me...

As previously stated, I don't think these things are piloted or manned by any extraterrestrial race or anything like that, but they could be automated probes? The Human race has sent probes to different Planets to have a look around, why couldn't some much more technically advanced race not send a more up to date device to have a look at us?

These 'fuzzy blobs' could be just zipping around the skies taking readings, pressure counts, temperature checks, chemical analysis of our surroundings.. Avoiding planes, fighter jets by some advanced radar gizzmo on board (may not even see them as planes, just objects to scoot around?)

The fuzzy appearance could be just the way the objects manipulate gravity? Simply causing a distortion to the naked (human) eye?

I have previously posted about frequency and vibration, I would certainly like to explore more of that side of things too..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭prosaic

Just regarding some of those spacex starship prototype videos. They are fake in the sense that they are simulated but not fake in the sense that the people who made them said they were simulations and were told by others what an excellent job they had done. There have been a few real starship prototype flights with thousands of onlookers to verify.

The people who live beside kennedy space centre get to see rockets take off frequently.

We here in Ireland are on a main trajectory for launches from kennedy to 55deg inclination orbits.

You can buy a starlink receiver, go 200 km out west from Ireland, over horizon, and enjoy high-speed Internet, courtesy of the starlink constellation.

You can find quite a few people working in Ireland on space related work. Some design spacecraft or navigation systems for a living.

Right, but why would an alien race who had mastered interstellar travel, which would involve almost having to bend physics, have difficulty with stealth technology and remaining hidden?

• Advertisement

Who suggested they had difficulty with stealth technology, or wished to remain hidden??

Clearly, I would assume the opposite?

The anomalies that are shooting past planes, Military installations and war ships appear not to care two hoots about them.

If they are some sort of probe(s), maybe the presence of fighter jets, warships and all other tracking devices means absolutely nothing to them? Their pre-programmed mission (for want of a better term), is to just collect data from anywhere and everywhere. The presence of fighter jets trying to follow them is akin to a snail trying to keep up with a racing car?

If the fuzzy blobs are Engineering not from this world, maybe they don't care about us seeing them? Are we just evolved slime that has no bearing on their research? Do we not poke the anthill with total disregard to the society within??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭prosaic

Teenage aliens, as in Douglas Adams books.

But this doesn't follow on two counts.

Firstly if they didn't care about being see or not, why don't they just park their ships above wherever and take all the scans they want?

And secondly, why would their scans require them to get so close to the ground? Why not just do their scans from high orbit? Or better yet from home where they wouldn't have to spend all that energy to get a spaceship to another star at faster than light speeds?

If there was a physics breaking hyper advanced species investigating Earth there would be zero reason we'd know about it.

Okay, but why would some hyper-advanced "alien race" be making such a half-assed effort to remain hidden? They would easily have the technology to observe us and live among us completely undetected, but for some reason they feel the urge to "troll" us by being just out of focus every time.

Likewise with ghosts, Bigfoot, etc. Always "just out of focus".

That's your fuzzy theory explained right there.

Didn't say they were spaceships...

Don't know what they are, nobody does.

And..... Even if they were spaceships from another world, what makes you think they would still be using the same surveying techniques that we currently use today?? Bit drab isn't it? Surely a few more squillion years of advancement has produced something a little better??

Anyways, back to the facts... I have no idea what they are.. I'm still leaning towards electrical phenomena at the moment.

The zipping around the skies I can relate to fork lightening, this would mirror the sharp turns, and apparent oblivious to fighter jets, warships, cats, dogs etc.... The dipping in and out of the ocean makes no sense to me, so my theory is full of holes and contradictions I know.

If you watch some of the Space station footage, there are several recordings that show increased electrical activity from space during a lightening storms on Earth.. Clumps of what can only be described as bright orbs or balls of 'light', are drawn to the electrical activity... I find these videos fascinating.

What conditions are required for this to happen? Do the ball's of light just fade away and dissipate? Would there be enough energy in the orbs to keep going (burning/ pulsating) for minutes, hours, even days? Could they drop down into the Earths atmosphere and be darting around through a statically charged weather front?

As the previous poster correctly stated.. If a higher intelligence didn't want to be seen, I have no doubt they could achieve it with ease.

If they wanted their presence to be known, then just drop anchor on the White House lawn in time for the midday news.

Nah... I think I'll stick with electrical, frequencies, and vibrations for now..

We do know what many are. Most cases that are later explained turn out to be hoaxes, drones, missiles, electronic glitches, atmospheric phenomena and so on.

Wouldn't surprising if the remainder were just versions of the above.

In most part, I agree with you:

Hoaxes: Probably the achilles heel of every UFO enthusiast. The prospect of being caught out by such a scam has probably turned many scientific bodies away from the subject. The tic tac footage looks elaborate if it is indeed a hoax.

Drones: I don't think the speeds we are seeing can be replicated by drones? And most certainly not the sharp, sudden turns.

Missiles: Would they not leave a heat signature?

Electronic Glitches: Interesting point... But would multiple surveillance apparatus suffer the same glitches at the exact same time..??

Atmospheric phenomena: Now you're talking........!!

But... The US Government are taking these objects seriously, so they must believe they are more than just weather phenomena. Also have to take into account, that a lot of the eye witness testimonies are from trained pilots with outstanding aviation records.

Back to square one again.. I don't know what they are, you don't know what they are, nobody knows what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The US gov has to take them seriously, they could be enemy aircraft/drones/etc

• Advertisement

There may be a conspiracy to play down the numerous sightings, or maybe belittle the importance of them? No world leader wants to admit there are objects of unknown origin zipping around their skies..

I would have thought if these things were aircraft or drones, that good old G.I. Johnny would have shot down and captured one by now...?

You'd nearly lay your last dollar on them not being any known man made airborne equipment.

So what does that leave us with??

The idea that these 'things' are from beyond the Earth is really pointing to the extreme.. I would lean towards a natural atmospheric event(s) that we don't understand yet?

As previously stated, I cannot make any sense out of the footage we are seeing / coupled with the high ranking pilots eye witness accounts.. But just because we don't understand something, it doesn't mean that it isn't real.

Advertisement