Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

hey folks I’ve been MIA for a while as sadly my mam passed away last Saturday. I got the call to come home last Tuesday as she given days left to live.

She passed on Saturday morning peacefully and was buried on Tuesday. I’ve been lucky in life not to suffer a big loss until now. I now understand what grief means.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh Lough, I have no words- I'm so sorry. xx 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I'm so sorry to hear that @Loughc 😥 May she rest in peace.

Try to mind yourself as best you can, and remember we're all here for you if we can offer a distraction.

Take care

❤️

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That's awful @Loughc I'm so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself, may your mam rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Very sorry to hear LoughC.

Be gentle with yourself as much as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

So sorry to hear that @Loughc sincere condolences to you & your family.

I appreciate there's nothing anyone can say to help you at the moment but remember we're here whenever you may need us.

Take care of yourself.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

So sorry to hear that @Loughc , that’s really tough. Sincere condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭BK5

Ah no @Loughc, can't believe your sad news, have a lump in my throat just reading your post. My own Mam died on a Saturday morning 7 and half weeks ago.

Just sending you love and best wishes lad. It won't proper sink in for ages and just remember the good times you shared.

Hope your family are doing okay , deepest sympathies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm so sorry to hear the very sad news of your mam's passing @Loughc

You and your family are in my thoughts.

May your mam rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Very sorry to read of your loss @Loughc condolences to you and your family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ah @Loughc, I'm so sorry to read about your Mammy. May she Rest in Peace.

Take care of yourselves; we're all here if and when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭antimatterx

So sorry to hear @Loughc . Look after yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭A cup of te

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mam, @Loughc

Msy she rest in peace. You mind yourself and take each day as it comes. Sending hugs your way. Take care.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just in case anybody here is interested. Please invite me to the housewarming if anyone on the forum decides to buy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/home-alone-house-up-for-sale-again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Will we do a go fund me? Christmas party in Illinois

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭A cup of te

I'm not mad on the way they did the Home Alone house up. I wish they'd kept the decor as it was but then I'm very nostalgic. I'd love that or to stay in that posh hotel in NY and order loads of ice cream and then a limo with a pizza! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Very sorry to hear about your mum, Loughc. I wish you the best and hope that remembering all the great times and memories you have of your mum will help with the grieving process.

So, into June on Saturday (& we're heading away on our summer hols too😁) so into the middle 2 months of the year already.

We get day 199 on the countdown on Sunday 9th too… so we'll be into the 100's and about to crest that hill again.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Very sorry to hear about your mam @Loughc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

So sorry to hear about your mum @Loughc

I know, it's crackers (get it 😄). In less than a month we will be past the halfway mark and it's the quick half!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

The year is definitely flying, I was in BT with my daughter on Saturday and I said to her that it will only be about 10 or 11 weeks until the Christmas shop opens. I was delighted to see that she was excited about it 🎄😀.

That's class, love your daughters reaction. I think I'm starting to get the tingle myself with June only being a few days away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I know we always say it but it's scary how fast this year is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

They are advertising half way to Christmas brunches here, its mad how quickly time flies.

We were looking into going to Santa's village in Lapland this year however all but the most expensive rooms/chalets are booked out so it looks like a no go.

We looked at something similar there a few weeks ago & the cost was way out of our budget, will be looking at hopefully heading to a Christmas market in Germany or Austria or suchlike instead. They look far more reasonable. Will have another look when we get back from our summer holidays in a couple of weeks. Be great to have something like that to look forward to in the build up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Guys there is a Lapland on a Budget facebook page that is for people looking to go but not pay the astronomical travel agent prices. I'm not affiliated with them, I just know the girl who started it initially. She booked a really cheap trip for her family one year and everyone was asking her for details. She's been multiple times with her family now at this stage. Might be a little late for this Christmas but lots of people go in Jan, Feb, March as well for the snow activities. I don't even have kids but have read the group a bit cos I'd love to go to Lapland 🤣

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2462570880665290/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm in that FB group & I think I'm converted to the idea of going in January or February now. We were hoping to go this year/early 2025, but it will most likely be 2026 now as we've a lot on this year!

Advertisement