Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm beginning to think at this late hour, Government winding up the VFI , astonishing there's no guidelines at 5.40 pm, is it a case of deliberate delay so no opening at midnight tonight 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

2029 new cases, kind of feels like the year this will be over

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Our situation, all told, is a lot better than the UK. If you look at what was planned for tomorrow, only a couple of things have changed. They have delivered the big ticket item of hospitality, despite the mad rules that may go with it and they’ve just tweaked the return to work advice. What we didn't get was the elimination of physical distancing and of course mask removal in most cases.

As a restriction it’s more annoying than a hindrance but we haven't reversed anything. I wouldn't read too much into the “can't rule anything out” comments from NPHET. It was an answer to a question and I would view it as a just in case plan being formed. It really depends on how accurate these models they have put together are. As they say they I wouldn't put the house on them. Really, I would describe our new reality as a pause although winter will unquestionably be used as an excuse to maintain whatever we have at present. We’d need to see numbers dip very low for any kind of changes.

Post edited by is_that_so on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I already have.

You were making guesses and assumptions and attempting to pass them off as truths on excess deaths not being primarily due to Covid. I have given you the facts, whether you wish to accept them or not is entirely up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭brickster69

Actually it is not a lot better than the UK when you adjust for population and the fact they are at least a couple of months further into the wave -

70% less testing & 29K cases / day

1200 ICU

122 Deaths / day

6120 in hospital

All roads lead to Rome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Speaking of the plan from tonight/tomorrow. Hot off the presses. Looks better than hinted at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

So why can nightclubs have 100% capacity and pubs and restaurants can’t?

Why can you queue at the bar to get your drinks presumably on top of everyone else but then have to go back to the table to drink?

I’d honestly love to be a fly on the wall when they come up with this shite. You’d swear they put restrictions up on a dart board and throw darts to decide 🤦

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭prunudo

We really need breakdown on the figures, what age groups, are % unvaccinated, whether they're re-inefctions etc.

Also, the restaurant association need a new representative. You couldn't make it up, reduced capacity in restaurants but not nightclubs :)

I agree on both fronts,

Adrian Cummins a complete buffoon, spent the entire pandemic moaning, whinging, supporting measures then threatening legal action (that didn't end well), moaned about PUP,then ludicrously suggested if his industry didn't get its way, staff (the people he belittled) would have to go back on it, despite it being closed since 8th July.

His most Ironic cliché "we've stepped up to plate" has been the cause of much laughter and disbelief within the industry.

Now he's bitching the night time economy permitted to re open fully. He's a vile, odious and clueless buffoon

Did I mention, I can abide him 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭bloopy

Vaccination status is not asked when getting a test (at least it wasn't a month ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

long covid cyber warming ..... and why not throw in some ‘Russian interference’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Cummins is useless is he? Not in the industry so maybe he is respected within it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

have no idea only saw it on twitter. 100% capacity for nightclubs seems like bs tho? with tables etc surely cuts it down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Don't think tables are mentioned for night clubs are they?

"Pent up demand"

"Where all in this together"

"The next Two weeks, are Critical, Crucial "

"Modify our Behaviour"

"Wash your Hands"

To name but a few irritating pandemic clichés, Guidence directives but the newest and most bizzare

"Social Distance Queuing" wtf is that 🙄

I was for 28 years and can confirm he's a joke and laughing stock , has actually caused more problems than he's solved and I know many members of the RAI who have either not renewed subscriptions or certainly won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's the 8th of January for me. I was hoping that the government would stick to their word and bin the certs tomorrow.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

If you get a jab it will only be 6 weeks (assuming 4 weeks between jabs and 2 weeks post second jab)

• Advertisement

Sick enough not to be fit to play against Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He was self isolating, that's why he was not playing. Nothing to do with being sick. If he wasn't continuously tested he wouldn't even know he had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

We have more in ICU when you adjust for population.

They have been fully opened since mid July.

But they did what Dave Cullen says they've been doing for close to two years, that is just tweak the restrictions a tiny bit and people are grateful for a few more crumbs.

All these behavioural scientists really shouldn't be commenting on health.

Apologies, Azerbaijan at home. Isolation period was over. was not fit enough to start. He was actually more ill the second time

Protest to remove the restrictions as they currently are? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How does someone who was vaccinated outside the EU get access to indoor hospitality without the EU cert?

Uk numbers are patients in mechanical ventilation. Ever since Johnson was admitted to icu but they didn’t want to admit he was in icu this is how they have counted the numbers.

A large portion of Covid patients requiring intensive care are better off not being mechanically ventilated.

I get the feeling this has and will drag on until people forget what normal ever was. If you experience something long enough, you subconsciously adjust to it as "The New Normal". Which, of course, is the name they've given this new abnormal.

We either go back to *actual* normal by early next year, or that way of life and freedom is gone forever. Two years and I think it's a done deal. Demoralize people long enough and most will eventually give in.

• Advertisement

An elite athlete wouldn't be fit to play with a head cold.

Advertisement