Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rookie - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Episode 11 new blood was good, I thought the latest rookie was going to be a great addition

I liked her. I'd say/hope she'll be back (the line from Tim about her being able to return up to 3 years or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emily Deschanel joins

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nice surprise seeing
    Emily Deschanel turn up as John's ex I didn't know she had joined the cast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Nice surprise seeing
    Emily Deschanel turn up as John's ex I didn't know she had joined the cast

I didnt think they were well matched to be honest.

I also expect Henry's fiance to bail.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

just watched the first episode of series 3. Good show, bit cheesy in spots but easy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

So John's life changing decision was just to say 'do what Henry wants?' Not really life changing is it? I didn't really feel any chemistry between Fillion and Deschanel either. Although I don't think Deschanel is a great actress anyway. She has one speed - Bones.
    It's a pity they dropped the storyline with John and the doctor. They were great together I thought.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    So John's life changing decision was just to say 'do what Henry wants?' Not really life changing is it? I didn't really feel any chemistry between Fillion and Deschanel either. Although I don't think Deschanel is a great actress anyway. She has one speed - Bones.
    It's a pity they dropped the storyline with John and the doctor. They were great together I thought.

I was hopoing for the cream bikini!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode this week. Fantastic to see
    Brandon Routh's character getting screwed.... again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    Great episode this week. Fantastic to see
    Brandon Routh's character getting screwed.... again!

Yep, he got what was coming to him. Next week is the season finale so looks like reduced number of episodes, down from 20 to 14

That was a class episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Spotted that season finale cliffhanger ending coming but still a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Been playing catch-up on The Rookie for the last couple of months, watching from the beginning. Finished the penultimate episode of Season 3 last night in time to watch the finale this afternoon. A tad predictable ending, but love it all the same.

Love all the characters, and I like how they use recurring and guest characters, people can show up sporadically and not outstay their welcome. That said, I wouldn't say no to even more of Smitty (although it's probably for the best he's left for background comic relief) and more regular appearances from frenemy convict Oscar Hutchinson would be amazing (always a treat when he shows up).

What am I supposed to do now until season 4, with no regular Rookie fix though? Feeling the withdrawals hitting already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

To be honest I expected the exact thing but was surprised to see how little action for the better word....

It's very watered down in my opinion

What am I supposed to do now until season 4, with no regular Rookie fix though? Feeling the withdrawals hitting already.

BOSCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I love this show there's been one or two kind of ok episodes but I'd be hard pushed to think of a bad one across all 3 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

One thing that was noted in TvLine article, the poster for the new season seems to be missing a certain character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If you have any interest in the genre, sure. They didn't even do it very well either and I lasted about 20 minutes. It is the worst rated of the whole 3 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Last season wasn't great.

I was surprised that it was renewed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is fine for what it is, 40 minutes of background noise, I'd have it along the lines of Magnum, Blue Bloods and shows like that, decent 40 minute show with some stortlines through it, if you miss it for a few weeks it's no great hardship, you can either binge the ones you missed or skip them altogether. It has over 50 episodes now so I wouldn't be surprised if they got renewed for another couple of seasons, can't imagine there's too much money spent on it, they'll probably start swopping out some of the original cast to save on salaries soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

seemed to suffer badly from Covid restrictions, imo. I think it also suffered with being a cop show filmed in the aftermath of the George Floyd murder - they were quite unsubtle about good cop/bad cop, community feeling towards cops etc, which is also (apparently) part of the reason Brooklym 99 is finishing up, being a cop show is difficult, it seems.

I hope this season is better, cause it needs to be, but I can see how and why last season was a struggle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They had a decent story line going with Jackson and Brandon Routh's character but you could see that they got away from it very quickly.

Yeah Brooklyn Nine Nine doesn't feel the same this season, no wonder it's ending. They seem to be focusing on Police Reform alot in most episodes along with how the Union makes things harder for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I found the last series very woke.

It makes tj hooker look like casablanca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Alot of American shows have gone that way.

I get they are trying to "educate their audience" and "raise awareness" but they lost the entertainment element along the way.

Advertisement