Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rookie - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 starts January 3rd.

Hopefully this it will pick up after the cliffhanger and they don't touch Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Season 3 starts January 3rd.

Hopefully this it will pick up after the cliffhanger and they don't touch Covid.

Or the police protests.

SWAT was all over that last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

A good finish to last seasons cliffhanger and setting up the new season.

A few preachy lines but nothing as obvious as other shows.

Looks like more Rosalind so that's a good thing.

A good finish to last seasons cliffhanger and setting up the new season.

A few preachy lines but nothing as obvious as other shows.

Looks like more Rosalind so that's a good thing.

I only copped that one preachy scene about the black v white person and police entering the home.

I thought the whole thing wrapped up a bit too quickly.
    I thought the scene of Nick Armstrong getting out of the hospital was a bit naff to be honest. Ah yeh its only a gunshot wound

• Advertisement

New cast member Brandon Routh :)

New cast member Brandon Routh :)

I hope he does a better job than his character in Chuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I hope he does a better job than his character in Chuck!
    So far not so good IMO.

So far not so good IMO.

Yeh I think you could be right. Superman was 15 years ago and he still has this persona that he tries to portray.

Having binged on Bosch over Xmas I am struggling with the 43 minute procedural, the story is getting wrapped up too quickly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yeh I think you could be right. Superman was 15 years ago and he still has this persona that he tries to portray.

Having binged on Bosch over Xmas I am struggling with the 43 minute procedural, the story is getting wrapped up too quickly for me.
    I'm assuming they're going to introduce some over-arching narrative, but they'd better do it soon. I can't see a PSA for the LAPD and cops in general being the theme for this season going over very well. I do like the show, but just not sure it can really exist in the modern climate for much longer if they keep up the tone of the first two episodes for much longer.

Unfortunately, I think racist Brandon Routh's character is going to be the arc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Needs more action...

When it started I was like this is going to be deadly.....

Not so much now but I'll hold off from scraping it yet, hopefully some more action is coming....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Considering an actress left the show with allegations "bullying, racist comments, sexual harassment and sexual assault on set" I think it's a brave move on the show to address any of those topics and I can't imagine them taking any chances so can't see anything but Roth being found to be a racist and have the book thrown at him with some big speech about how racism comes in different forms and will never be condoned

Please Please do not thow in a pregnant Lopez losing her baby on the job ****e that seems to be all so common!

I am also waiting on the Brandon Routh/Shawn Ashmore off cuff comment about Superman and for the 'fans' to go wild!

I am also waiting on the Brandon Routh/Shawn Ashmore off cuff comment about Superman and for the 'fans' to go wild!

Aaron Ashmore played Jimmy Olsen in Smallville, not Shawn. He did appear in an episode though. Guessing that's what you're talking about

Aaron Ashmore played Jimmy Olsen in Smallville, not Shawn. He did appear in an episode though. Guessing that's what you're talking about

Thats it, but such a memorable actor(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A cracker of an episode. Loved the twist with the bodycam too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Mr E wrote: »
    A cracker of an episode. Loved the twist with the bodycam too.

Is it back on tv or a stream service?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

OmegaGene wrote: »

Cant see where it says if it’s on Sky tv, on the Fox channel, or somewhere else. Just takes me to episode 5 and when the original air date in the US was.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

That was a brilliant episode. Justice was served.

@Emmet - US only at the moment. You can't watch on TV or streaming services here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cracking episode

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Still a good series and still really enjoying it, but (and I appreciate why they feel the need to do it) the "let's fix this bit of the police" each week is a bit on the nose now.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Nice follow up episode from a scene that could have been a throw away in a previous episode.

Frankie Muniz & Rainn Wilson :)

Hmm... I think that's my least favourite Rookie episode. Didn't like that at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That seemed to be have 1 that they did during lockdown, everyone was kept away from each other and the clearly used previously shot footage, not sure why Nolan was the only 1 not in uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mr E wrote: »
    Hmm... I think that's my least favourite Rookie episode. Didn't like that at all.
    Only managed 20m of it, annoying beyond belief.

Castle's daughter turned up today :)

Nolan's Ex wife will show up in next episode and will be played by
    Emily Deschanel

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Episode 11 new blood was good, I thought the latest rookie was going to be a great addition

Certainly had potential. Although whatever about Nathan Fillion, Greg Grunberg doesn't look like he could run a bath let alone after a suspect.

Advertisement