Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rookie - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well the ex husband storyline ended as quickly as it started that was something that could of ran for half a season in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭adaminho

Yeah everything seems to be wrapped up fairly sharply this season. Was nice to see Lainey make an appearance. Was funny as I was re-watching Castle recently and a young Jackson was in it as a victims son.

Post edited by adaminho on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Obvious new love interest for Lucy is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Like others, they could drag some of the stories a bit longer, they wrapped up the ex-husband bit waaaay too quickly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow so they blow through a serial killer and ex-husband in 4 episodes, way to create a bit of a story arc. The whole "having a difficult decision" thing is getting very tiresome at this stage "I'll have to decide between my career and the woman I love", bit on the nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Rookie Sets Backdoor Spinoff Pilot With Niecy Nash as Newbie FBI Agent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hmm not so sure, but will wait and see what its like first

I am running out of patience, with this show.

Unarmoured cops leaving a tactical team, downstairs, while they fistfight with the armed bad guys.

Flying through serial killer story lines and stalker.

Nolan is engaged after, like, 3 weeks. His aim of detective is dead so all of a sudden he is a minor political player in the union.

It's, currently, all over the place and really looks like they don't know where they are going

Last season he got told he could never become a detective since he got a letter of reprimand after the whole dirty cop fiasco. He decided to become a Training Officer instead and was going to night school. Didn't see him make any progress as TO this season at all. So yeah definitely agree that story is all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just watched series 4 episode 1. In the long history of silly cop shows it was without doubt the silliest I've seen. Really disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You mean rookie cops don't generally go on covert op missions to drug lords in foreign territory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I really loved this at the beginning but as others have said it really has lost its way. At what point does it stop being 'the rookie' and just a regular cop show? Some of the plot lines are absurd!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This has jumped the shark big time, they are just doing a baddie of the week show now, stuff like the arsonist and the serial killer could have gone on for ages but they burnt through it. It's 1 of the shows I'll have on in the background while doing other stuff and if I miss anything I won't bother going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So they did yet another true crime episode - very much love or hate. I passed.

Some of these episodes are clearly recorded when all the actors couldn't be together and they throw the continunity completely out, very annoying in my opinion.

After the brilliant episode last week they come out with this tripe!

Its like they want the show cancelled!

How?

Yeah shows on streaming services have really spoiled us with no breaks in between episodes. The Cw is notorious too for doing large breaks in between episodes and then coming back for another episode two and then another break after that. This season of New Amsterdam went on month long break in December, had 4 episodes in January, took another few weeks off, came back for one episode and then took another month and a half off again.

• Advertisement

And they're wondering why they're losing to streaming services

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well I won't be watching the spin off if it gets picked up after this weeks backdoor pilot.

That was a hard watch and the spinoff looks terrible.

What the **** is it with the girlfriend in every job.

So she's a firefighter/paramedic but she seems to be the only one ever on duty and now she's a national guard team leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Love anything fillion but this season is taking the utmost piss. Was cheesey and stylish at the start with some great shocks along the way.Like the original Chiefs twist and Chens kidnapping or even the Brandon Routh racist cop stuff.

This back door pilot episode was written by someone wit a deficiency in something .Honestly the fbi wannabe and her fathers dialogue and the general fbi dialogue was painful.”daddy went to prison and never played his horn again”.You have Chen sitting there qualified physiologist or whatever but we get this Macy’s gray sounding guidance counsellor telling the fbi and lapd how to handle suspects with mental problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought it was a good episode (and I liked Simone). Good cliffhanger too.

I think like with this show, the supporting cast in the spinoff will be important.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well.... that is no odder than the LA PD being COMPLETELY reliant on 6 specific cops for every emergency situation.

Manhunt for a cop killer? Get them rookies on it.

Assault on a drug lord in a foreign territory? Get them rookies on it.

Cop being hunted by a gang? Call the rookies.

Rookies need some help?? erm... is Bradshaw about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Jesus that 2 parter was difficult to watch. So freakin schmaltzy with clunky af dialogue. What a waste of 2 episodes.

Nice to see yer man from Heroes in it though.

So the day after allowing "her" armoury get cleaned out, Riley's free to be the only first responder to Nolan's crash...

• Advertisement

The writing on this is terrible. Nathan Fillion must have some serious dirt on ABC to keep getting this made!!

Out of everybody, Alyssa Diaz is a great actress having started life with small roles in Southland, The Last Ship, graduating to Army Wives, and now The Rookie. Meika Cox is also very good and I thought it was decent to write her real life pregnancy into the show. If there was a spin off with their 2 characters, I think that is something I could get behind.

Advertisement