Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rookie - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh jesus that was terrible. So Nolan gets pulled over by the CIA who make off with their suspect only for the LAPD to setup a roadblock with Nolan front and center to take the suspect. Then he has a car accident and his girlfriend is the first person there to the accident.

I'm guessing for the spin-off that the network has a few quotas they are short on, a bi, coloured, "older", former teacher, single mother of twins, fighting with her wrongfully incarcerated father, all that ticks a lot of boxes. I'm assuming they'll throw in a religious bias at some stage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

It has gotten so bad now at this stage, I was expecting to see her as the bomb tech also!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The girlfriends storyline is just too bad, she can just do everything!

Might as well just call her Captain Burnham and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Think it's safe to say these 2 episodes have done absolutely nothing to entice many to watch this FBI spin-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

A whole season of that, there isn't enough alcohol in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm going to guess that 1 of the children has an addiction to something and the other 1 has some kind of issues that makes it hard for her to live up to her whole potential. I won't be watching it, especially as the forced "trainee" name they were pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

She has shown up in Superman and Lois and the furniture outperforms her. Pretty, telegenic faces can hang around too long.

Ah, so it is a thing. It doesn't bode well at all. She pranced around, gettin' in people's bidness and doing that stereotypical Mama thing that Martin Lawrence did badly well over a decade ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah you know it's bad when you side with the bosses telling her to fcuk off back to quantico.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Man, Nolan really can't catch a break can he. Finale next week

• Advertisement

That was 1 full on Mother's day, poor Angela was up for 3 hours, went for breakfast with her mother in law, tracked down the baddies, setup a sting in the hospital and still had time to discuss her husband's career change.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Such a weird disjointed finale. Kinda liked it though? The Dim and Juicy story went nowhere (apart from to bring 2 characters together), but the last 10 minutes were good. I'd put money on the country cop becoming a rookie in LA next season.

Yeah totally agree, episode was all over the place. It felt more like the first part of 2 parts season finale. For a season finale they should have just stuck with the one storyline instead of doing two with the Tim and Lucy one just there to start the change in their relationship. When Nila said she wanted to stay a detective and that Forson needed a new TO, I would have thought this was leading to Nolan somehow becoming a TO as a result of his time at the border.

The spin-off is called The Rookie: Feds

That was a hard watch, goes from a sleepy town to an almost murder and a shoutout with a major gang. It was very nice of the gang to put down their assault rifles and just stick to handguns/knives. I don't think I'll bother with it next season, will definitely skip the spinoff.

So they couldn't risk shooting boss man but peppered the place with bullets, with no warning.

My sweet Jesus, this season has been terrible and, in particular, the action has been horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Howok

Spoilers,again..

Well the thread title warns you there will be spoilers so that is on you for entering the thread

US paced thread, I don't enter until I've seen most recent episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I echo the other comments, the showrunners and writers have lost the run of themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Pete Davidson again, dear god why?

Why oh why did super soldier, magic paramedic, and fantastic firefighter girlfriend spin the wheels on continuing to drive away from pole cutters?

Also, had a significant lead and could just have kept driving to get into range of another mobile mast.

Nope; instead stop and assume the useless lump, in the trailer, would be useful against armed assailants.

And don't get me started on her taking on that man mountain, who she couldn't even rock with full force kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I am sticking with it, probably more out of habit than anything but the people behind the show have definitely had a 'mare of a season, renewal isn't an indication of quality, an awful lot of old shite gets renewed for donkey's years.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Yeah, it's a bit like relegation in sport, you only have to be better ratings than the worst!

Yeah same here, it has sort of become a show where I would have it on in the background while I'm browsing the internet on my phone. They need to tone down Bailey though next season. She is too much of a Jack of All Trades and always seems to be involved in the case of the week if Nolan involved. Hopefully they resolve the Nolan becoming a TO story soon. Maybe the season premiere continues on from this seasons finale like they did with the previous one with the kidnapping at the wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I'm sticking with it too. It's still a fun show.

Hopefully they have realised that this season was flawed and will take steps to correct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah it might be a bit ridiculous but as said above it's still an enjoyable on-in-the-background kinda show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It is a classic light entertainment show not a HBO cop drama.

Advertisement