Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭Glebee

Was playing alot of Apex up until a few weeks ago when I just stopped. Its a great game, must get back into it. Started Death Stranding for a few hours and just stopped. Its too bad sh1t crazy even for a video game. Playing Assassins Creed: Valhalla at the moment. More of the same really following on from Odyssey.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Playing CyberPunk finally, after dropping it an hour or so after launch. Really enjoying it so far. Story has been interesting so far, and i like the combat for the most part, once i find the right type of guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Kiith wrote: »

I was banned last week, I've appealed it everyday since, they just say they will not revoke the ban. Same canned message. Then you see stuff like this tweet and realize nobody there has a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

For many years I've been tip-toeing around all the 'Souls' games other than maybe attempting to play Demon's Souls a couple of times in college but finally getting my teeth into Dark Souls: Remastered and can't get enough of it really. Very few games hold my attention these days but DS has dug its claws in. The feeling you get when finally beating a boss is rarely encountered in other games. I also have DS3 waiting in my steam library too. Bloodborne looks great; looking forward to it appearing on PC at some stage.

Myself and my brothers have parked our biweekly Valheim sessions in anticipation of more content and we've been doing a D:OS2 play-through now instead. We're playing on classic difficulty and have been breezing through pretty much all the battles in the game so far so our party make-up must be pretty solid compared to my own solo play-through of the game, where I struggled A LOT more. Though we've gotten to the battle against Mordus and we've been wiped out twice so time for a more meticulously planned battle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Although i dip in and out of most Battlefield games constantly i seem to be staying longterm with BF4 , as we know players are flocking to the game thanks to BF2042 hype with EA even adding many more servers.
    It has to be said its not just hype, the game is simply phenomenal and was well before its time.
    Yes it took DICE LA two years to fix the netcode but its still a fantastic experience today which in itself speaks volumes about lack of quality multiplayer FPS games the last number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I loved BF4 and stopped playing when Hardline \ BF5 came out. I wonder do I still have all my medals...;)

I might try it again too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Do it! all progress is saved.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Going old school point and click. Picked up the Broken Sword games 1-3 in the steam sale.

65 GB download then I'm back in the BF4 Game! Purchased a month of Xbox Game pass and it's included as part of that, which is pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Came back to work so my gaming time got slashed by a lot.

After work if I still have energy I play MHW on xbox ( I know its a pc forum hehe )

On days off I am still playing Transport Fever 2. 55h in and I am done with Campaign. So started my first Free play map yesterday. Love it.

Creeper World 4 - had this on my wishlist for ages and decided to try out demo yesterday. After finishing it, I bought full game. Its very good and a bit relaxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,741 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oxygen not included. What a fantastic colony sim game. Go check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭cheezums

Overheal wrote: »
    Oxygen not included. What a fantastic colony sim game. Go check it out.

amazing game. if i played it in school i would have been a lot better at physics, and enjoyed it!

Dead Cells the last couple of days. Oxygen not Included was option #2.

I'm coming from Hades as a first for this type of game so I wasn't blown away but I'm getting it now. Finally past the first few stages and it's really fun, but brutally hard. Things can slip away from you very fast.

Gf watched and then played and loved Hades, but she has little interest in this one. Which is fair. It's nowhere near as visually or narratively pleasing. You really have to work hard at Dead Cells and you never feel like a God. So far anyway.

Makes me appreciate the skill that went into Hades more than anything. Whoever thought up the idea of escaping the underworld with those characters is a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Red Dead Redemption 2 and I'm finding it an absolute slog to play. The world, characters, voice acting, visuals and music are all top tier but actually playing the game just isn't all that fun to me at the minute. Everything is just so slow and tedious. There's also animations for ever single thing you have to do.

Rockstar's mission design I feel is also poor, you must do the mission exactly how they want. Some of the mission failed screens are ridiculous.

With the good weather the last few weeks have played very little games. Over the last couple of days have been drawn back to Death Stranding. Am about 6 hours in, just activated the bike and still cant decide if this is a brilliant game or just mental....🤔🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lamar Davis

Just hit 4k Hours in 7 days to die,i should really play something else🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Buried in FF14 lately with a bit ok Pokemon Unite on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Psychonauts tonight so not too far into it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I've started Wonder boy and the Dragons trap after finishing Skyward Sword.

Apparently it's not a difficult game but the underground part that brings you to the ninja dojo is a big difficulty spike imo

Cant find anything to grab my attention these days, dont know how many games ive started, played for a couple of hours and uninstalled..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 figleaf25

Divinity Original Sin 2

Its crazy hard at the start and the story takes awhile to get going but its one of the most satisfying experiences you can have on a PC if you manage to get yourself to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yep I'm really enjoying it so far. My last post on here in June mentioned how I was in Act 2 and I'm still on Act 2 even though playing it a couple of times a week. It's quite a hefty game! We're pretty much wrecking everything in every battle so looking forward to the difficulty scaling up in the next acts. I'm running a Summoner/Archer build which is very effective but I've read summons don't scale too well in later Acts so might re-spec fully into Ranged/Huntsman when they lose their effectiveness.

Has anyone given Humankind a go yet? I keep hovering over it on Steam and reading the reviews but haven't given in to temptation. It seems there's a good few bugs so may wait a while before considering purchasing.

Finished Dark Souls Remastered recently but copped on I missed the DLC so playing through NG+ to get to the DLC. I have also started playing both Hollow Knight and Dragon Age: Origins which are both excellent so doing a lot of juggling between games recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arma 3 again but this time playing Vindicta its like a Taliban simulator, its a very good mission.

Humankind is on the Xbox for PC app so could sub for a month and try it. I downloaded it but I havent tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I gave 12 minutes a quick go at the weekend, not for me I think after 2 runs. But I hate repetition so that's probably not suprising :), still Gamepass giveth so I tryeth.

Spent about a week on Terminator Resistance and it was surprisingly fun. Janky and archaic looking but they do a decent enough job on the story and the core gameplay is good though never great. I'll give games like this a lot of leeway for knowing what they are but doing it well, in this case a simple 2010 like FPS that masters just being 'good'. Worth a go when 20 or less.

Just started Necromunda Hired Gun (I'm in an FPS mood lately). While more polished than Terminator Resistance it falls into that same bucket for me, it know's is a B-movie game and doesn't pretend to be anything other than a silly gorefest. Movement is superb and the options and implementation there are some of the best I've seen in many years but the level design (in tactical terms not aesthetics) and AI don't really match that freedom. Still again good silly fun so far with the only real gripe being the super heavy geordie accent on the female lead, it drives me nuts every time she talks.

I went ahead and took the plunge on Hardspace: Shipbreakers

It didn't even occur to me at the time this was made by Blackbird Interactive - of Homeworld Acclaim. Nor did it click that Shipbreakers was the working title of Deserts of Kharak (before they secured the Homeworld IP rights). However, the devs are clear this is not Homeworld - it takes place in the sol system, Arizona is it's own nation according to your employment agreement, etc. and the devs plan to expand the Hardspace universe - I'd assume with other space jobs, like a freighter captain, or down the road combat - because, can we talk about this explosion? This was a bug encountered by a user - ships are not supposed to explode when they load in. But LOOK AT THIS EXPLOSION. This is realtime, fully destructible ships.

This game has a lot of potential. Still in Early Access, I haven't encountered too many bugs, but the story arc is still being fleshed out and I think there are still some planned features. The devs have warned save progress is to be reset soon (and might again before 1.0) but I'm alright with that. There's enough content as it is to be enjoyable - I've already played about 20 hours of it, and I haven't gotten very far up the certifications/levels to unlock bigger ships etc. the plan is for 40+ hours story and lore content at launch.

Oh **** it. Now I’m a Star Citizen.

the choice of starter ship apparently didn’t matter too much (aurora, Bc bunk and box storage and ability to ferry players) because everyone I’ve met has been really nice. Wanna gun a turret? Want a tour? Wanna fly my corvette? Uhm yeah okay! One guy gave me his Pisces for a whole session, there’s no penalty right now to pull ships and let other players use them or wreck them so why not. Fun world event happening now too where everyone in the instance (currently 50 players max) all have to take down the new capital ships they’ll be adding to the game when they up the player cap to accommodate the sheer size of these ships, like the Javelin Destroyer, which can fit dozens of players.

my buddy meanwhile caught the itch. He backed in 2014 with a mustang. He bought a $100 cutlass and is looking at a HOTASS :D

ICYWW the game is - for an alpha, incredibly playable, the latest update added the last planet to the first system, you can fly throughout the gas giant now and there’s a bespin-like cloud city. the elevators are buggy as hell, you will have to reload the game a good amount, but dammit we are having a blast.

last night during the event our IFF bugged and I was gunning for a pug, I blew up the other player ship, both ships apparently went IFF red for some reason but we got a crime stat. To clear it, we had to fly to grim hex station, a place where you can hack thhe criminal database to wipe your slate clean. Oh, but me and my new pug had to kill everyone we met in there. He handed me a crypto key to clear my name but it fell through the floor. After he cleared his name, another player murdered him (and probably got his own crimestat) I killed them, but then someone else killed me. So I ended up in a prison colony. To get out I had to either wait 4 hours or toil in the mines (I toiled in the mines) there’s a way to break out of prison involving lots of parkour but unfortunately the route was bugged so I became a gem miner. I earned my chicken flavor nutrient bar.

Octopath Traveler, lovely little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Instead of tackling the backlog, I randomly started to replay Prince of Persia Warrior Within. Nearly finished but won't get back to it until the new year.

• Advertisement

Was very hopeful for Inscryption as I absolutely love all the other games by the developer but I just find the card game mechanic a bore. Disappointing for such a highly rated game.

Advertisement