Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High risk/cohort 7 - GP doesn't seem too interested

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Trish_MB

Trish_MB wrote: »
    I was told the same. When I replied there's no way to register through HSE website for high risk under 35 and that HSE officially states that only GP can refer me through internal referral portal, receptionist just said she will leave a note for my GP and I'll be called back about it. Exactly 27h later I'm still waiting for that call. If I hear nothing today, I'll bother them again tomorrow morning.

I gave them a call again and it was confirmed my vaccine referral will be sent shortly. I hope they don't forget. This time there was no talk about waiting for my age group or registering through HSE website. All I can do now is waiting for text with appointment, hope not too long.

I can't believe that I still had to push them to do that for me while they automatically should refer all patients that openly declared their interest and kept calling regularly about it since May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

I gave them a call again and it was confirmed my vaccine referral will be sent shortly. I hope they don't forget. This time there was no talk about waiting for my age group or registering through HSE website. All I can do now is waiting for text with appointment, hope not too long.

I can't believe that I still had to push them to do that for me while they automatically should refer all patients that openly declared their interest and kept calling regularly about it since May.

Complete madness the work we have to do to get our vaccine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

Any advice for convincing my GP that this exists?
    Is it in writing/press releases anywhere?

All I get is "We don't know anything about that".

tDw6u1bj wrote: »
    Any advice for convincing my GP that this exists?
    Is it in writing/press releases anywhere?

All I get is "We don't know anything about that".

HSELive replies in public on twitter from their official account that portal is open for GPs. They replied to my tweet - link below. You can message HSE directly on twitter with question and send screenshot of their reply to your GP. I can't find any other official information about it for now.

https://twitter.com/HSELive/status/1407276509035909121?s=19

What I really wonder here is why my GP doesn't seem to know?

Given the responses I get you'd assume the HSE made the portal and just didn't bother telling anyone.
    How would this kind of information normally be made available to GPs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Gps have not been notified that the referral pathway is open. It went up on the QT last week without GPs being notified. Only reason i spotted it was by accident while searching for something else. I suspect the hse do not want to be flooded with referrals and so they have not drawn gps attention to it.

Tell your gp to go to healthlink.... then click on 'referrals' then scroll down to 'vaccination centre' .

Wesser wrote: »
    Gps have not been notified that the referral pathway is open.

GPs were informed via e-mail.

GPs were informed via e-mail.

Do you know when...or how one could get a copy of this email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Wesser wrote: »
    Gps have not been notified that the referral pathway is open

GPs have been emailed

GPs can check the HSE Twitter for confirmation if they haven't received the email

Bottom line is many GPs couldn't give a shyte about their Cohort 7 patients and the Medical Council will be busy this year

• Advertisement

tDw6u1bj wrote: »
    Do you know when...or how one could get a copy of this email?

Portal was opened on Tuesday. E-mails were sent from HSE to GPs directly and nobody outside GP practice has access obviously. I know it was e-mail as my GP confirmed it to me when she called me Thursday afternoon to confirm my details for referral, just explained why on my Tuesday call they still were not aware.

If your GP didn't receive e-mail (it happens) I guess they should contact HSE for confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I forget which member on here mentioned that in a press briefing Reid said there's 100,000 of Cohort 7 still to be vaccinated

Is there any upto date data on this?

There's a "shít is about to hit the fan" atmosphere with the Delta variant in recent days and remaining Cohort 7s and the remaining over 60s need to be sorted as a matter of urgency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I forget which member on here mentioned that in a press briefing Reid said there's 100,000 of Cohort 7 still to be vaccinated

Is there any upto date data on this?

There's a "shít is about to hit the fan" atmosphere with the Delta variant in recent days and remaining Cohort 7s and the remaining over 60s need to be sorted as a matter of urgency

The over 60's will be done by mid July bar those who don't want a vaccine or hit an odd circumstance (e.g. reacted badly to first dose, can't get a second dose until NIAC approves mixed vaccine programs).

Hopefully the GP will pick up most of the remaining cohort 7 but I doubt they'll be fully done until vaccines are open for all (pharmacies will also be an option to get AZ/J&J quickly) so until then, socially distance, stay safe, don't take risks and wait out the last few weeks until fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Is there a system up yet for those at risk? I know pharmacies can start administering vaccines for those over 18 on Monday and that's good news. Or do high risk people get bumped up the pharmacy's list? I can imagine the pharmacist would have some idea if someone is high risk if they regularly dispense medicine to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What's the stats these days on Cohort 4 & 7, are we anywhere through this 100,000 yet?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

What's the stats these days on Cohort 4 & 7, are we anywhere through this 100,000 yet?
    wrote:
    Cohort 7 (People aged 16-69 who have an underlying conditions that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death)

Total in group: ~350,000

Total vaccines: 369,416 (+11,622)

Total with first vaccine: 218,941 (+3,492)

Single dose: 64 (+0)

Total with second vaccine: 150,411 (+8,170)

Total fully vaccinated: 150,471 (+8,170)

63% of total half vaccinated (+1.4%)

43% of total fully vaccinated (+2.3%)
    figures to 3rd july - approx 130,000 cohort 7 not vaccinated. I don't know if this accounts for cohort 7 people being vaccinated through regular vaccine registration path. IMO the original estimate of total numbers is probably way lower than reality too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement