Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High risk/cohort 7 - GP doesn't seem too interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow. Over 65’s not done until is very upsetting for them .Some GPs quite simply were not up to this . I know one GP in a large urban estate with no computer or IT system working with paper files in a cupboard !! His patients were delayed by weeks and even months until called .

It's not 100% the GPs fault. They have middle aged family too that just don't follow the news I. E. Didn't register them for the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Triangle wrote: »
    It's not 100% the GPs fault. They have middle aged family too that just don't follow the news I. E. Didn't register them for the vaccine.

Ah fair enough . Seems to have cracks all right but hopefully the cracks can be filled if this ever happens again or indeed for eventual boosters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Some GPs quite simply were not up to this

Or were arsed to do it

And this is the crux of it all I feel

As bad as the HSE messed up (this should have been in place before the hack), many GPs should be reported to the Medical Council for willful negligence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

I have someone in my house travelling abroad. On their return they have to self isolate, so they are at an increased risk of having covid.

I am high risk and they will be self isolating in the same house as me. And HSE are still dragging their heels with cohort 7.

Daughter is cohort 7 and rang GP weeks ago to be on a list . She heard nothing from him ( she was vaccinated via consultant in the meantime ) . Today we heard he vaccinated healthy young people under 30 yesterday . She still got no call from him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Daughter is cohort 7 and rang GP weeks ago to be on a list . She heard nothing from him ( she was vaccinated via consultant in the meantime ) . Today we heard he vaccinated healthy young people under 30 yesterday . She still got no call from him

Appalling

Take your GP to task https://www.healthcomplaints.ie/gp/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

GPs really shouldnt have had the option to opt out of cohort 7. Otherwise what was the point in having this cohort?

If I was cohort 7 and ignored by the GP and then to make it worse see them vaccinating younger people with no conditions I would move to another GP and make very clear the reasons why.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Appalling

Take your GP to task https://www.healthcomplaints.ie/gp/
    Why would they do that? The daughter has been vaccinated. Some GPs opted out of Group 7 completely for whatever reason. One cannot also assume that GPs can turn on a service like the super slick MVCs. Judging by accounts some have really stepped up, others less so.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Why would they do that? The daughter has been vaccinated. Some GPs opted out of Group 7 completely for whatever reason. One cannot also assume that GPs can turn on a service like the super slick MVCs. Judging by accounts some have really stepped up, others less so.

Why would a GP pass over a person with an illness and vaccinate a healthy 26 year old ? I don’t understand your point
    So he had a vulnerable patient on his books age 30 but chose to vaccinate a healthy 26 year old instead ? Makes no sense to me

The only thing I can think of is would the GP have been informed that his patient already had a vaccine ?

• Advertisement

Why would a GP pass over a person with an illness and vaccinate a healthy 26 year old ? I don’t understand your point
    So he had a vulnerable patient on his books age 30 but chose to vaccinate a healthy 26 year old instead ? Makes no sense to me
    Your comment suggested no Group 7 were being done by this GP, so none of them on the books for vaccination is how I understood it.

Your comment suggested no Group 7 were being done by this GP, so none of them on the books for vaccination is how I understood it.

I have no idea if he did cohort 7 . She was told nothing at the time except that he was waiting to hear about supply from the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

This is literally what my GP did.

There was no indication of lack of supply or any practical issue, best I can tell they just decided that people in cohort 7 weren't worth vaccinating and when asked about it we were told we weren't eligible for vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

One big problem here :

How do you someone isn't at risk to covid? That person under 30 maybe cohort 4 or 7. It's none of anyones fcking business if an individual has a health condition or not.

Maybe they didn't have a health condition and the GP skipped them into the queue as a favour. Extraordinary claims...
    GP may not have called patient if their record already showed they were vaccinated.
    So many other plausible explanations before we assume a nefarious gp.

Turtwig wrote: »
    One big problem here :

How do you someone isn't at risk to covid? That person under 30 maybe cohort 4 or 7. It's none of anyones fcking business if an individual has a health condition or not.

Maybe they didn't have a health condition and the GP skipped them into the queue as a favour. Extraordinary claims...

Neighbours of mine actually . I know them since they were babies and have been through all their illnesses and accidents
    I know for a fact they are not in cohort 4 or 7 .So I know for a fact that one patient in cohort 7 was not done by that GP and for a fact that two who are not in 4 or in 7 were both done by same GP .

Neighbours of mine actually . I know them since they were babies and have been through all their illnesses and accidents
    I know for a fact they are not in cohort 4 or 7 .

This just supports my point. They're your neighbour. I've seen people go through cancer for half a decade without their neighbours knowing it. You may think your know their health status. You most likely don't. Heck, even family members and siblings on occasion aren't transparent with one another - and they don't have to be.

This just supports my point. They're your neighbour. I've seen people go through cancer for half a decade without their neighbours knowing it. You may think your know their health status. You most likely don't. Heck, even family members and siblings on occasion aren't transparent with one another - and they don't have to be.

You’re clutching at straws !! Their mother told me they are in neither cohort 4 or 7 and was shocked that my daughter wasn’t called before them . We are friends we know our kids !!!!

Your daughter has already been vaccinated by their consultant? Why would she be contacted?:confused:

Kind of going off topic here as I realise it's setting an unfair goalpost but many folks did not know they were in cohort 4 and 7. Just because someone says they're not in either cohort doesn't mean they're not. Hence the mess in every country with vaccination and shielding of the medically vulnerable in some categories.

Your daughter has already been vaccinated by their consultant? Why would she be contacted?:confused:

The big question is did her GP know she was vaccinated already ? I already made that point . We don’t know if he knew or not . If he didn’t its shocking

Wesser wrote: »
    Hi ironic toaster

There is a group of 120 small practices in dublin whose vaccines are being done via DCU. System and bookings totally seperate from the rest of practices in the country. For small practices only.

The list of 120 practices was originally drawn up last February and the practice was placed on the list if the had <200 patients age over 70.

Seperate from all the other regular larger GP practices

That explains a few things I heard about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Got my first vaccine off my GP 3 weeks ago now and called them and was told for my second dose I was referred on to the HSE and would get a text off them. Would be at 4 weeks on Saturday so hopefully hear something off them this week, but I'm a bit dubious cos of the hack on how that works so might end up with no second dose after 4 weeks.

Fully vaccinated people will be offered booster shots this winter in a bid to tackle the spread of Covid-19 variants. Older and vulnerable people will be offered the top-up jabs first, while a programme for vaccinating secondary school pupils is also being considered.

Thats from today's Indo

Its imperative that Cohort 4's and 7's are included in this early and would advise you lobby your T.D's

Thats from today's Indo

Its imperative that Cohort 4's and 7's are included in this early and would advise you lobby your T.D's
    That will be a lot easier to do once they have been identified and vaccinated. As a process it would probably be more like how they do annual flu jabs.

HSE say that they are still waiting for GP data and they estimate 100k from those groups to do. Apparently the electronic pathway is up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭grind gremlin

HSE say that they are still waiting for GP data and they estimate 100k from those groups to do. Apparently the electronic pathway is up and running.

According to a text from my GP at 3.25pm today it still wasn’t opened. They advised me to register with my age cohort on the portal.

According to a text from my GP at 3.25pm today it still wasn’t opened. They advised me to register with my age cohort on the portal.
    Yeah, they didn't give any actual details today just said that it is up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Trish_MB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Any more info on this?
    It was only announced yesterday afternoon. Still gathering data from GPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

It was only announced yesterday afternoon. Still gathering data from GPs.

I understand. Thanks is that so. I’ll have to send you a bottle of wine through the post when I’m finally vaccinated.

Advertisement