Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

High risk/cohort 7 - GP doesn't seem too interested

145791013

Comments



  • I know Greystones opens at about 815am




  • krissovo wrote: »
    Turn up at your vaccination center, take proof of being group 7 and there is a good chance they will sort you out. There is a growing list on here who have done the same and have been vaccinated.

    Being clamped down on.

    Know of someone who turned up at the Aviva today and was told no, directive to vaccination centres that the practice was to stop appearently. Nobody is advised to just turn up at a vaccination centre. They don't want people doing it anymore as it'll cause issues, they've been told to turn people away who do it now.

    Weather the MVC sticks rigidly to the advice is up to them but policy from above is absolutely no walk ins




  • Fed up with the HSE attitude to the high risk group. I went through with the registration but added a year to my DOB so that I could register. Hopefully get a vaccine soon.




  • Id be careful about doing that. Your DOB will be recorded incorrectly in the covax system and therefore wint march your passport so you wont have a valid e certificate to travel abroad. Also the data wont match your GPs system so will bounce back so your gp wont know you are vaccinated.

    The civax system is enroling a new age group every day, ie moving down one year every day. For the sake of waiting one day, not worth it.




  • Wesser wrote: »
    Id be careful about doing that. Your DOB will be recorded incorrectly in the covax system and therefore wint march your passport so you wont have a valid e certificate to travel abroad. Also the data wont match your GPs system so will bounce back so your gp wont know you are vaccinated.

    The civax system is enroling a new age group every day, ie moving down one year every day. For the sake of waiting one day, not worth it.

    Ok. Thanks. Didn't think off all this. I hope I can cancel.


  • Advertisement


  • Oh no. I don't think I can change my details once registered and reading someone else's reply on boards, I don't think I can cancel and start over... Unless I can use a different email and phone number but not sure if they will take my ppsn as that's already registered.




  • Oh no. I don't think I can change my details once registered and reading someone else's reply on boards, I don't think I can cancel and start over... Unless I can use a different email and phone number but not sure if they will take my ppsn as that's already registered.

    Ring the hotline and tell them you made a typo .
    1850 24 1850




  • Just got a phone call from HSE, despite the email from doctor clinic saying they are no longer managing this and go with your age group.
    Vaccination confirmed for 12th with a letter from doctor sent through to the HSE from doctor.




  • So what was their excuse before the hack?



    https://twitter.com/HSELive/status/1399726794765484037




  • I've a lung disease that requires daily steroids. Was going between my GP and my lung specialist for weeks to find out where I when I was going to get vaccinated but they kept passing me back and forth. Today, I got to book it in the portal with my age :rolleyes:


  • Advertisement


  • Celmullet wrote: »
    I've a lung disease that requires daily steroids. Was going between my GP and my lung specialist for weeks to find out where I when I was going to get vaccinated but they kept passing me back and forth. Today, I got to book it in the portal with my age :rolleyes:

    If in a MVC ..tell them your cohort..have the above letters/info and see can you not hang around too long in a general age queue.




  • speckle wrote: »
    If in a MVC ..tell them your cohort..have the above letters/info and see can you not hang around too long in a general age queue.

    They will fast track you and from cases I'm aware of,you can rock up now that you're registered ,you needn't wait
    Ask for the supervisor and the doctor on site




  • Father in his 60s had cancer a year ago and still can’t get anyone to give him a MRNA vaccine. Disgraceful. GP says he has none




  • Father in his 60s had cancer a year ago and still can’t get anyone to give him a MRNA vaccine. Disgraceful. GP says he has none

    Same advice
    Rock up if registered on a day the mvc is doing Pfizer and ask
    He is not jumping a queue and is way more deserving of an mrna vaccine than the many healthy getting one younger than him




  • I know a few people who got vaccines who didn’t think they would fall under cohort 7 (asthma etc) but they got a call out of the blue from their GP. I know a carer of a child with special needs who got called and I didn’t think that was still included in the priority list. I’m very happy for them all and wouldn’t begrudge them getting it but it seems terribly unfair that it seems to be whatever GP you happen to be registered with determines whether you get it if you’re in cohort 4 or 7. I also know my GP was on over 70s still when the MvCs were flying through my he 60s. The GP element of the rollout doesn't seem to be as good




  • A cohort 7 is as much at risk as at anytime
    Arguably higher now that a laissez-faire attitude is creeping in amongst the unvaccinated, which younger cohort 7's and 4's also unvaccinated are more likely to encounter

    Fully agree with this point. The at risk are still at risk, and only need to come into contact with one case to become infected and we are still getting new cases in triple figures every day.

    The way the HSE has handled cohorts 4/7 has been a total clusterf**k.

    Hopefully pharmacies coming online will be able to help this situation.




  • Beanybabog wrote: »
    I know a few people who got vaccines who didn’t think they would fall under cohort 7 (asthma etc) but they got a call out of the blue from their GP. I know a carer of a child with special needs who got called and I didn’t think that was still included in the priority list. I’m very happy for them all and wouldn’t begrudge them getting it but it seems terribly unfair that it seems to be whatever GP you happen to be registered with determines whether you get it if you’re in cohort 4 or 7. I also know my GP was on over 70s still when the MvCs were flying through my he 60s. The GP element of the rollout doesn't seem to be as good


    GP s do not have control over when the HSE deliver the vaccines. She has no control over that so if the local MVC is open its not their fault that their vaccines for over 70s havent arrived yet.


    I think that to say that the GP element if the
    Roll out hasnt been as good is a bit disingenuous. GPS have givrn more than 50% of the vaccines in the country so far while managing all the rest of their regular duties while MVC have a single task only to preform and no distractions. Having worked in both in can tell you that the vaccination rate per hour per vaccinator is about double in GP than what it is in a HSE run MVC.




  • Did anyone get any news about referral portal or was called by GP to be informed they were able to refer them to vaccination centre? I see completely no news about it in media but saw post on Twitter this morning from someone saying that GP referred them yesterday and called to inform about it. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links to tweets as I'm new user...




  • No official referral system in operation yet for GP as of today. Some GP might be printing out letter for patients and having them turn up at centers but not sure if always successful.
    At this stage i think most people will be dealt with on age based system and that probably HSE thinking.

    Crazy really because an email address dedicated to this cohort for each local center would have had this sorted weeks ago :mad:




  • I have asthma and thought I qualified as per the "continuous use of corticosteroids" in cohort 7 criteria. Contacted my GP and they said I would have had to have been on oxygen to qualify... which sounds more like cohort 4 to me.

    GPs seem to be making their own interpretation of the criteria. I have heard of some giving it to adults who got an asthma diagnosis as a child but haven't taken any inhalers or suffered any symptoms since.

    The other GPs refusing to do cohort 7 at all are a disgrace. They have a duty of care to their patients.


  • Advertisement


  • crazy 88 wrote: »
    I have asthma and thought I qualified as per the "continuous use of corticosteroids" in cohort 7 criteria. Contacted my GP and they said I would have had to have been on oxygen to qualify... which sounds more like cohort 4 to me.

    GPs seem to be making their own interpretation of the criteria. I have heard of some giving it to adults who got an asthma diagnosis as a child but haven't taken any inhalers or suffered any symptoms since.

    The other GPs refusing to do cohort 7 at all are a disgrace. They have a duty of care to their patients.

    I agree, that's what the GP receptionist said to me, Cohort 4 is people who rely on hospital treatment regularly enough (oxegen, nebuliser, fusions etc) whilst Cohort 7 dealt with less serious cases and more manageable respiratory diseases, but you were still high risk if you got the virus.

    If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)





  • Father in his 60s had cancer a year ago and still can’t get anyone to give him a MRNA vaccine. Disgraceful. GP says he has none

    There is no contra-indications for AstraZeneca for a cancer survivor as far as I know, is this his personal preference or based on doctors advice?

    edit: Just checked the EMA site and no contraindications there other than allergy to the following substances (most of which are in the mRNA vaccines as well):
    L-Histidine
    L-Histidine hydrochloride monohydrate
    Magnesium chloride hexahydrate
    Polysorbate 80 (E 433)
    Ethanol
    Sucrose
    Sodium chloride
    Disodium edetate (dihydrate)
    Water for injections




  • Did a search on Google News and nothing is showing re: Cohort 7 in today's briefing from the Reid fella

    I wonder will a reporter bring it up at tomorrow's main government briefing

    https://twitter.com/SarahJaneVlogs/status/1400359576743055360




  • Vulnerable patients angered by delayed access to vaccines
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40304420.html
    Addressing the Oireachtas health committee, Irish Cancer Society chief executive officer Averil Power said “many people” in this group are still waiting for vaccination.

    However, Dr Denis McCauley GP, chair for the Irish Medical Organisation, told the committee this is changing.


    “The vast majority of Cohort 7 have had their first vaccine, but not their second vaccine,” he said.

    Lol @ that last part

    What?! :pac:




  • ShineOn7 wrote: »

    What percentage of cohort 7 have been vaccinated?




  • Wesser wrote: »
    What percentage of cohort 7 have been vaccinated?
    It is actually unknown. There are some very frustrated people here and in other parts of social media but they are small samples. As the portal moves down through the age groups it is also slowly reducing. If, as the HSE claim, they have a defined pathway for Group 7, once it's up and running the group should be done pretty quickly.




  • is_that_so wrote: »
    It is actually unknown. There are some very frustrated people here and in other parts of social media but they are small samples. As the portal moves down through the age groups it is also slowly reducing. If, as the HSE claim, they have a defined pathway for Group 7, once it's up and running the group should be done pretty quickly.

    We have no clue how many seriously upset people are out there . Many are not vocal on social media
    But the fact remains clear as day that cohort 7 was let down and were not organised early enough
    They were group 7 , deemed at higher risk after 6 and before 8 and 9 and 10 but now many are simply abandoned by GPs and the HSE and have to slot into their age group
    That leaves a young chronically ill 20 year old till last behind a healthy fit 30 year old and it quite simply is wrong . It should not have happened .

    We have been hearing about the HSE plan for weeks now and still that group sit upset and anxious and seriously frustrated . I absolutely cannot blame them and sympathise with them
    My own daughter is in cohort 7 , she had a vaccine a fee weeks ago via her hospital consultant . We are grateful for that but there are many who were not so lucky
    She is also on her GPs list and has heard nothing at all from her yet by the way

    The vaccine rollout was a huge undertaking and I admire how it ran and I think it was run exceptionally well in the whole . But we must accept a major flaw with the at risk 4 and 7 and learn from it . It should have been set in motion last year and lists organised before we ever had a vaccine so it could be well sorted by then
    Flaws happened in this rollout , some understandable some not so . We must learn from it and have a system in place if this ever happens again and get it right next time .
    Having cancer sufferers waiting for a vaccine while healthy people get it is not acceptable and shouldn’t be accepted by those who organise this system . They need to step up and accept that and fix it




  • iamwhoiam wrote: »
    We have no clue how many seriously upset people are out there . Many are not vocal on social media
    But the fact remains clear as day that cohort 7 was let down and were not organised early enough
    They were group 7 , deemed at higher risk after 6 and before 8 and 9 and 10 but now many are simply abandoned by GPs and the HSE and have to slot into their age group
    That leaves a young chronically ill 20 year old till last behind a healthy fit 30 year old and it quite simply is wrong . It should not have happened .

    We have been hearing about the HSE plan for weeks now and still that group sit upset and anxious and seriously frustrated . I absolutely cannot blame them and sympathise with them
    My own daughter is in cohort 7 , she had a vaccine a fee weeks ago via her hospital consultant . We are grateful for that but there are many who were not so lucky
    She is also on her GPs list and has heard nothing at all from her yet by the way

    The vaccine rollout was a huge undertaking and I admire how it ran and I think it was run exceptionally well in the whole . But we must accept a major flaw with the at risk 4 and 7 and learn from it . It should have been set in motion last year and lists organised before we ever had a vaccine so it could be well sorted by then
    Flaws happened in this rollout , some understandable some not so . We must learn from it and have a system in place if this ever happens again and get it right next time .
    Having cancer sufferers waiting for a vaccine while healthy people get it is not acceptable and shouldn’t be accepted by those who organise this system . They need to step up and accept that and fix it

    The suggestion is that the plan was underway when the ransomware attack. As that unwinds we'll see if it in any fit state to be rapidly implemented. The only real alternative until that happens is portal by age.


  • Advertisement


  • is_that_so wrote: »
    The suggestion is that the plan was underway when the ransomware attack. As that unwinds we'll see if it in any fit state to be rapidly implemented. The only real alternative until that happens is portal by age.

    Or GPs stepping up and taking care of their at risk patients . .

    And what was the HSEs excuse before the ransomware attack ? There was a serious flaw long before that happened
    It must be accepted or we will never learn from it


Advertisement