Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

High risk/cohort 7 - GP doesn't seem too interested

178101213

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ Trish_MB


    Just got an automated text telling me to attend Helix on Saturday. Clearly GPs can still refer patients to MVCs

    HSE replied to me this weekend that GPs still can't refer anyone as portal is not available. Wondering then how you were referred, I'm sick of calling my GP and asking just to be told again and again to wait for my age group, while I'm still not going to be included in next age "shot" either....


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭ iamwhoiam


    Trish_MB wrote: »
    HSE replied to me this weekend that GPs still can't refer anyone as portal is not available. Wondering then how you were referred, I'm sick of calling my GP and asking just to be told again and again to wait for my age group, while I'm still not going to be included in next age "shot" either....

    My daughter got a text to go to City West . It did say “ your consultant has referred you “ I think consultants sent lists to the HSE and they sent the texts out with appointments


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭ ironictoaster


    Trish_MB wrote: »
    HSE replied to me this weekend that GPs still can't refer anyone as portal is not available. Wondering then how you were referred, I'm sick of calling my GP and asking just to be told again and again to wait for my age group, while I'm still not going to be included in next age "shot" either....

    The only thing I can say is that I registered interest on my GPs website before the HSE hack (they had a online form I had to fill out). What my GP did between the day I registered and the hack is beyond me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ Trish_MB


    The only thing I can say is that I registered interest on my GPs website before the HSE hack (they had a online form I had to fill out). What my GP did between the day I registered and the hack is beyond me.

    I am on my GP's list since early April and it still didn't help, she was only repeating that HSE didn't ask for any list yet, until the day of cyber attack, when I was told to wait for my age group. I'm just unlucky I guess...


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ Wesser


    The only thing I can say is that I registered interest on my GPs website before the HSE hack (they had a online form I had to fill out). What my GP did between the day I registered and the hack is beyond me.


    Hi ironic toaster

    There is a group of 120 small practices in dublin whose vaccines are being done via DCU. System and bookings totally seperate from the rest of practices in the country. For small practices only.

    The list of 120 practices was originally drawn up last February and the practice was placed on the list if the had <200 patients age over 70.

    Seperate from all the other regular larger GP practices


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7




  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7


    Trish_MB wrote: »

    And for the under 30s in Cohort 7 still being ignored by their GPs and the HSE?

    They'll have to cocoon while a country starts to fully open up, even though they've now been cocooning for 15 or so months

    Not having a pop at you Trish, it's Donnelly/HSE/Reid's ignorance to Cohort 7 that's jaw dropping

    If you put "Cohort 7" into Google News the most recent article is over 4 weeks old. There should have been a system in place long before the hack

    https://twitter.com/SusanMcGalway/status/1402590627548872707


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭ Happydays2020


    ShineOn7 wrote: »
    And for the under 30s in Cohort 7 still being ignored by their GPs and the HSE?

    They'll have to cocoon while a country starts to fully open up, even though they've now been cocooning for 15 or so months

    Not having a pop at you Trish, it's Donnelly/HSE/Reid's ignorance to Cohort 7 that's jaw dropping

    If you put "Cohort 7" into Google News the most recent article is over 4 weeks old. There should have been a system in place long before the hack

    https://twitter.com/SusanMcGalway/status/1402590627548872707

    It is wilful neglect.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭ fun loving criminal


    Trish_MB wrote: »

    I said this somewhere else. Whatever they are doing, it's all for appearance, to make it look like they are doing something and going down in age, quickly.

    The 40-49 year olds were done in two blocks with registration 2 weeks apart. If they tried that separation of the 30-39 year olds, it brings the 30-34 year olds to the last day of June for first registration. Can't be having that now.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ Trish_MB


    ShineOn7 wrote: »
    And for the under 30s in Cohort 7 still being ignored by their GPs and the HSE?

    They'll have to cocoon while a country starts to fully open up, even though they've now been cocooning for 15 or so months

    Not having a pop at you Trish, it's Donnelly/HSE/Reid's ignorance to Cohort 7 that's jaw dropping

    Thats why I said "huge part", not entirely Cohort 7. Days back I felt exactly as under 30s now, still do as possibility of registration doesn't guarantee I'll be jabbed in next 3-4 weeks as people say a lot they hear nothing after 3 weeks, also deliveries of vaccines are delayed. My anger is still massive as none of us, cohort 4 or 7, no matter the age, should wait. I'm active around Twitter about case and it's going to continue even if I can register as many of my friends under 30 is still ignored - HSE doesn't reply to questions about cohort 7 at all at this point.

    Just mention a little light for some of us ahead in tunnel.


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,136 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so


    Trish_MB wrote: »
    Thats why I said "huge part", not entirely Cohort 7. Days back I felt exactly as under 30s now, still do as possibility of registration doesn't guarantee I'll be jabbed in next 3-4 weeks as people say a lot they hear nothing after 3 weeks, also deliveries of vaccines are delayed. My anger is still massive as none of us, cohort 4 or 7, no matter the age, should wait. I'm active around Twitter about case and it's going to continue even if I can register as many of my friends under 30 is still ignored - HSE doesn't reply to questions about cohort 7 at all at this point.

    Just mention a little light for some of us ahead in tunnel.
    The only vaccines being delayed are AZ, as usual and J&J, neither of which you'd be likely to be getting anyway. Let's not overlook the GPs downing tools on this for whatever reason.
    I confess I'm baffled as to why the risk of COVID has suddenly shot up for these groups or is this just a fairness thing?

    FYI on the HSE with this programme they do not respond to anything about how it is run and only tell people when they have supplies to vaccinate.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭ Marine Layer


    is_that_so wrote: »
    The only vaccines being delayed are AZ, as usual and J&J, neither of which you'd be likely to be getting anyway. Let's not overlook the GPs downing tools on this for whatever reason.
    I confess I'm baffled as to why the risk of COVID has suddenly shot up for these groups or is this just a fairness thing?

    FYI on the HSE with this programme they do not respond to anything about how it is run and only tell people when they have supplies to vaccinate.

    It hasn't shot up
    Its remained the same
    Higher than people being otherwise vaccinated by age
    Higher and ignored


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭ iamwhoiam


    It hasn't shot up
    Its remained the same
    Higher than people being otherwise vaccinated by age
    Higher and ignored

    Yes , deemed high risk by NPHET and put in a higher priority for a very good reason . Supposed to be done after 6 and before 8/9/10 etc
    But then abandoned and left to their own devices when push came to shove
    No longer it seems a priority but the pretence still there that they are . It has caused upset and anxiety in those who deserved much better and its those who were already anxious and afraid . That in my opinion is unforgivable because they simply gave no reassurance or advice or help to a vulnerable group who needed it


  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ Unrealistic


    is_that_so wrote: »
    I confess I'm baffled as to why the risk of COVID has suddenly shot up for these groups or is this just a fairness thing?
    This question was answered politely the first time you asked it. That you're now asking it a third time suggests you're just trolling.

    is_that_so wrote: »
    FYI on the HSE with this programme they do not respond to anything about how it is run and only tell people when they have supplies to vaccinate.
    That is not true, as I have pointed out to you already. They have gone into detail at the regular NPHET briefings in answer to questions from journalists; including about Cohort 7.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ Nigel Fairservice


    My younger sister got vaccinated recently too by our GP. She has a chronic condition and is a primary school teacher so has an increased risk of potential exposure to Covid 19. In fairness to our family GP he got the 3 of us vaccinated before our age cohorts. We all have chronic conditions so it was about the only benefit of being half crocked!. Getting through to our GP in the first place was the hardest part. It's amazing to see the troubles others are having.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭ Marine Layer


    People with the condition I have in cohort 7 were told to shield last year and were vaccinated in NI and GB in January this year as a priority

    I'm wondering what the difference is in the Republic? Same condition ignored now
    Beggars belief


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ Nigel Fairservice


    People with the condition I have in cohort 7 were told to shield last year and were vaccinated in NI and GB in January this year as a priority

    I'm wondering what the difference is in the Republic? Same condition ignored now
    Beggars belief

    It's a strange one. I heard of many people with my condition being vaccinated weeks before I was through their consultants. My consultant at my last hospital appointment asked me why I wasn't vaccinated :confused: I didn't even know what to say to them because I was so confused about the whole thing. I was under the impression they would have contacted me if they felt I qualified for early vaccination. The hospital said they would organise my vaccination. My GP ended up doing it a few days later (I don't know if he received any prompting from the hospital).


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭ Sconsey


    People with the condition I have in cohort 7 were told to shield last year and were vaccinated in NI and GB in January this year as a priority

    I'm wondering what the difference is in the Republic? Same condition ignored now
    Beggars belief

    My advice for what it is worth, you will have to be pro-active. Try your GP first, if you do not get any joy then contact your consultant (if you have one). It should not have to be like this but unfortunately the group 7 prioritisation plan appears to have left a lot of people behind.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭ Marine Layer


    Sconsey wrote: »
    My advice for what it is worth, you will have to be pro-active. Try your GP first, if you do not get any joy then contact your consultant (if you have one). It should not have to be like this but unfortunately the group 7 prioritisation plan appears to have left a lot of people behind.

    Ah thanks,I actually got done by GP thankfully
    A day or 2 afterwards that surgery stopped doing them
    I'm still agitating for cohort 7 though
    The Ray of light on the matter is all adult cohorts will finally be done via the portal by September probably
    Their plight still needs to be highlighted as this set up can't be allowed to happen next year when we all need booster shots


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭ odyssey06


    HSE hopes for Cohort 7 solution within ten days as high risk patients still waiting for vaccines

    https://www.thejournal.ie/vaccine-cohort-7-5463185-Jun2021/


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭ iamwhoiam


    odyssey06 wrote: »
    HSE hopes for Cohort 7 solution within ten days as high risk patients still waiting for vaccines

    https://www.thejournal.ie/vaccine-cohort-7-5463185-Jun2021/

    Hope to ! !!! Mother of god could they be any less proactive .
    Close the MCVs appointments for everyone else for a few days , let the GPs send printed lists to the MCVs . Tell all in the cohort 7 to turn up in order of surname ( A-G one day etc ) and register and get them done and dusted. Bring in the army if necessary and get it sorted
    With a bit of planning and cop on it could be done in days
    By the time the HSE hope to have a plan everyone will be done by age anyone


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Turtwig


    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Close the MCVs appointments for everyone else for a few days , let the GPs send printed lists to the MCVs .

    Stop all other vaccinations for everyone else? Are you being serious?


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭ iamwhoiam


    Turtwig wrote: »
    Stop all other vaccinations for everyone else? Are you being serious?

    Yes . Cohort 7 were in a group above them anyway . They were ear marked to be done before them from the time the rollout was announced .
    A few days I am talking about not months ! So a 40 year old waits a week maybe while high risk peole are done , I cant see the outrage really .


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,136 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so


    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Hope to ! !!! Mother of god could they be any less proactive .
    Close the MCVs appointments for everyone else for a few days , let the GPs send printed lists to the MCVs . Tell all in the cohort 7 to turn up in order of surname ( A-G one day etc ) and register and get them done and dusted. Bring in the army if necessary and get it sorted
    With a bit of planning and cop on it could be done in days
    By the time the HSE hope to have a plan everyone will be done by age anyone

    The main aim is to get as many people done as possible as quickly as possible. Stopping the process will not do that. They say they have a pathway that was disrupted by the attack and who knows how far advanced that was. If it is really 10 days we will start to see signs of that quickly enough. In the meantime some of that group are being done by age.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭ iamwhoiam


    is_that_so wrote: »
    The main aim is to get as many people done as possible as quickly as possible. Stopping the process will not do that. They say they have a pathway that was disrupted by the attack and who knows how far advanced that was. If it is really 10 days we will start to see signs of that quickly enough. In the meantime some of that group are being done by age.

    Without any any official stats I am presuming the cohort is much reduced now anyway . Only ones left are under 40 so guessing about half to one third left to do. So they have to be seen to do something and allow the media pick up on a “ plan “
    Truth be told it was a shambles and should be examined so it wont happen if this ever happens again . If they did that at very least it would be a help and show they have grasped that it was a mess

    I feel quite passionate about this because ineffectivness bothers me . Without any doubt it should have been addressed months before and set in motion and GPs asked to compile lists etc . For next time ( if there is ever a next time) it needs planning . Hindsight is a great thing and we should all learn from hindsight I think


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,136 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so


    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Without any any official stats I am presuming the cohort is much reduced now anyway . Only ones left are under 40 so guessing about half to one third left to do. So they have to be seen to do something and allow the media pick up on a “ plan “
    Truth be told it was a shambles and should be examined so it wont happen if this ever happens again . If they did that at very least it would be a help and show they have grasped that it was a mess
    Well, the problem all along was who do you count and who has the information as well as the uncertainty about who was taking care of the groups. It won't or shouldn't be an issue in the future now that they have been quantified.


  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭ Triangle


    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Hope to ! !!! Mother of god could they be any less proactive .
    Close the MCVs appointments for everyone else for a few days , let the GPs send printed lists to the MCVs . Tell all in the cohort 7 to turn up in order of surname ( A-G one day etc ) and register and get them done and dusted. Bring in the army if necessary and get it sorted
    With a bit of planning and cop on it could be done in days
    By the time the HSE hope to have a plan everyone will be done by age anyone

    It's not that simple. I know of a couple of over 65s in rural areas that have just got their vaccines because their GPS are inept.
    People that think the data is just there and accessible don't understand databases, IT and data validation.
    Going the paper route is even worse.
    You could throw thousands of people at the issue and still have issues afterwards.

    I get the frustration people have, especially with the vaccines being rolled out, but it really is complicated for the HSE and they are doing their best (especially after having their IT systems taken offline)


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭ iamwhoiam


    Triangle wrote: »
    It's not that simple. I know of a couple of over 65s in rural areas that have just got their vaccines because their GPS are inept.
    People that think the data is just there and accessible don't understand databases, IT and data validation.
    Going the paper route is even worse.
    You could throw thousands of people at the issue and still have issues afterwards.

    I get the frustration people have, especially with the vaccines being rolled out, but it really is complicated for the HSE and they are doing their best (especially after having their IT systems taken offline)

    Wow. Over 65’s not done until is very upsetting for them .Some GPs quite simply were not up to this . I know one GP in a large urban estate with no computer or IT system working with paper files in a cupboard !! His patients were delayed by weeks and even months until called .


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭ iamwhoiam


    is_that_so wrote: »
    Well, the problem all along was who do you count and who has the information as well as the uncertainty about who was taking care of the groups. It won't or shouldn't be an issue in the future now that they have been quantified.

    Yes As I say hindsight should be used wisely and faults corrected and lessons learned .


Advertisement