Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

High risk/cohort 7 - GP doesn't seem too interested

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7

I forget which member on here mentioned that in a press briefing Reid said there's 100,000 of Cohort 7 still to be vaccinated

Is there any upto date data on this?

There's a "shít is about to hit the fan" atmosphere with the Delta variant in recent days and remaining Cohort 7s and the remaining over 60s need to be sorted as a matter of urgency

• Registered Users Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭ astrofool

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I forget which member on here mentioned that in a press briefing Reid said there's 100,000 of Cohort 7 still to be vaccinated

Is there any upto date data on this?

There's a "shít is about to hit the fan" atmosphere with the Delta variant in recent days and remaining Cohort 7s and the remaining over 60s need to be sorted as a matter of urgency

The over 60's will be done by mid July bar those who don't want a vaccine or hit an odd circumstance (e.g. reacted badly to first dose, can't get a second dose until NIAC approves mixed vaccine programs).

Hopefully the GP will pick up most of the remaining cohort 7 but I doubt they'll be fully done until vaccines are open for all (pharmacies will also be an option to get AZ/J&J quickly) so until then, socially distance, stay safe, don't take risks and wait out the last few weeks until fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭ fun loving criminal

Is there a system up yet for those at risk? I know pharmacies can start administering vaccines for those over 18 on Monday and that's good news. Or do high risk people get bumped up the pharmacy's list? I can imagine the pharmacist would have some idea if someone is high risk if they regularly dispense medicine to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,495 ✭✭✭✭ bodhrandude

What's the stats these days on Cohort 4 & 7, are we anywhere through this 100,000 yet?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ tDw6u1bj

What's the stats these days on Cohort 4 & 7, are we anywhere through this 100,000 yet?
    wrote:
    Cohort 7 (People aged 16-69 who have an underlying conditions that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death)

Total in group: ~350,000

Total vaccines: 369,416 (+11,622)

Total with first vaccine: 218,941 (+3,492)

Single dose: 64 (+0)

Total with second vaccine: 150,411 (+8,170)

Total fully vaccinated: 150,471 (+8,170)

63% of total half vaccinated (+1.4%)

43% of total fully vaccinated (+2.3%)
    figures to 3rd july - approx 130,000 cohort 7 not vaccinated. I don't know if this accounts for cohort 7 people being vaccinated through regular vaccine registration path. IMO the original estimate of total numbers is probably way lower than reality too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement