Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Frenzten didn't drive a Jordan 199 :rolleyes:

Yes he did. In the first of his two and a half years at the team. He won two races in the car and finished third in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So, should we chance the inters?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

Frenzten didn't drive a Jordan 199 :rolleyes:

You might want to check out HHF’s F1 racing history there Francis. :rolleyes:

Yes he did. In the first of his two and a half years at the team. He won two races in the car and finished third in the championship.

Who could forget Monza 99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

flazio wrote: »
    but I wonder if Indianapolis would be up for a return of the infield track Grand Prix.

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1400847269822402565

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

have you a link to that

https://youtu.be/9mI_5d12n7s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My mistake, I got confused with the 191.

As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wonder will Mercedes look to replace Bottas mid-season? Perez clearly on it now, and Bottas has been hopeless. Whatever about the Drivers Championship, they haven’t a hope in the Constructors on current form.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I don’t think Mercedes will, but if there was ever a time where they could get Russell in to play second fiddle without much hassle, it’s now.

Next season everyone starts on zero points. As of now Russell is 100-odd points behind Hamilton so can’t realistically win the drivers title.

As I say I don’t think Mercedes would do it. Have they shown any signs of being that ruthless before?

If it was Red Bull it would be a much more likely possibility alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Triple header next. France and Austria x 2 over 3 consecutive weeks. France not the greatest but love the Red Bull ring. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Vettel has had two excellent results in a row, fifth in Monaco and second in Azerbaijan. Superb turnaround after the difficult start to the season he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Vettel has had two excellent results in a row, fifth in Monaco and second in Azerbaijan. Superb turnaround after the difficult start to the season he had.

Goes to prove that he suddenly didn't forget how to race. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Delighted to see Vettel get his grove back.

Remember the days that F1 tyres didn't explode? Those were Goodyears. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,018 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

vectra wrote: »
    Goes to prove that he suddenly didn't forget how to race. ;)

I wonder if anyone said he suddenly forgot how to race.

It's funny how some people spent the last couple of years denying he ever had a dip in form but now suddenly recognise his rise in form. BBC used to apologise before even discussing his form and they'd usually apologise at the start of the next broadcast for even mentioning the nosedive he'd been in for 3 years. Some people just don't want to acknowledge the dreadful form he's been in for the last few years.

In any case, he's had 2 excellent results in a row. A bit of luck involved in both but there is usually an element of luck needed for anyone outside the top 2 teams getting a podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Unless you're Mansell. :o

Hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good pun.

I wonder if anyone said he suddenly forgot how to race.

It's funny how some people spent the last couple of years denying he ever had a dip in form but now suddenly recognise his rise in form. BBC used to apologise before even discussing his form and they'd usually apologise at the start of the next broadcast for even mentioning the nosedive he'd been in for 3 years. Some people just don't want to acknowledge the dreadful form he's been in for the last few years.

In any case, he's had 2 excellent results in a row. A bit of luck involved in both but there is usually an element of luck needed for anyone outside the top 2 teams getting a podium.

And we're off.
    You know what ?
    You are like a sniffer dog when it comes to my posts.
    So much so, I refrain to engage.

And we're off.
    You know what ?
    You are like a sniffer dog when it comes to my posts.
    So much so, I refrain to engage.

That worked much quicker than I expected. Thanks.

• Advertisement

That worked much quicker than I expected. Thanks.

You are more than welcome, anything to be rid of your nonsence.:rolleyes:

You are more than welcome, anything to be rid of your nonsence.:rolleyes:

You "refrain to engage", remember?

You "refrain to engage", remember?

why-we-like-sad-music.jpg

why-we-like-sad-music.jpg

I wonder if this is you "refraining to engage"? Because it seems pretty much the same as when you don't "refrain to engage".

Could a mod please tell this Troll to Fcuk off.

Remember their final race in Suzuka 1998? Certainly went out with a bang

Interview with Pirelli by Sky Sport Germany but conducted in English.

This was posted in the race thread but responding here because i think it will be an ongoing issue over the next batch of races.

They're sayin the cur to Lewis tyre was also on the rear left - the same as Max and Lance. And he said the rear left isn't the most stressed tyres on the car around the circuit. That suggests it was more likely a stationary object cutting the tyres rather free floating debris which could cut any tyre.

We likely won't know what the story was but they're likely to err on the side of making the tyres harder from here on. There were a spate of tyre failures a few years ago (they teams were switching left and right tyres for the camber difference I think) and they responded by making the tyres a bit harder.

Sky said they had made the tyres softer for this race this year than last year so that might have contributed. In any case, they don't need the reputational risk of another fluke tyre failure in the coming races, so they will likely try to make the tyres a bit harder.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-wolff-lewis-hamilton-baku-restart/

Wolff says he can't call the lockup on the restart a mistake by Lewis, then goes on to explain the mistake Lewis made. It's nice of him to not blame the driver but given the way he was happy to share the blame around the wheel nut incident 2 weeks ago, including Bottas not stopping n the correct spot, it seems like a pretty clear double standard. I think it shows where they prioritise their drivers and it also shows how they are thinking about next year.

I'd say the situation is pretty clear to Bottas now:
    1. you're out and will be replaced by Russell/Ocon.
    2. you agree to be Lewis no.2 and put up with this kind of stuff as a matter of course - Lewis is no.1, you're his support act. Not enviable choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This was posted in the race thread but responding here because i think it will be an ongoing issue over the next batch of races.

They're sayin the cur to Lewis tyre was also on the rear left - the same as Max and Lance. And he said the rear left isn't the most stressed tyres on the car around the circuit. That suggests it was more likely a stationary object cutting the tyres rather free floating debris which could cut any tyre.

We likely won't know what the story was but they're likely to err on the side of making the tyres harder from here on. There were a spate of tyre failures a few years ago (they teams were switching left and right tyres for the camber difference I think) and they responded by making the tyres a bit harder.

Sky said they had made the tyres softer for this race this year than last year so that might have contributed. In any case, they don't need the reputational risk of another fluke tyre failure in the coming races, so they will likely try to make the tyres a bit harder.

Sky said they had made the tyres softer for this race this year than last year so that might have contributed.

There was no race in Baku last year. The last one was in 2019.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    Sky said they had made the tyres softer for this race this year than last year so that might have contributed.

There was no race in Baku last year. The last one was in 2019.

I'm still struggling with what did and didn't happen in 2020.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement