Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭thebackbar

Any recommendations for a cover for a pixel 5 ?

I was looking at a OtterBox Defender Series SCREENLESS Edition Case for Google Pixel 5 - Black but I can't seem to find a supplier in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08JV132WG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It's been on the phone since November. Doesn't interfere with wireless charging or the screen.
    thebackbar wrote: »

I was looking at a OtterBox Defender Series SCREENLESS Edition Case for Google Pixel 5 - Black but I can't seem to find a supplier in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I just got a thin one from AliExpress, couple euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have a denim cover, it covers the entire phone, my legs and and arse. The phone can easily be slipped out of the cover when in use... it's called jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I have a denim cover, it covers the entire phone, my legs and and arse. The phone can easily be slipped out of the cover when in use... it's called jeans

Constructive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭914

I picked up this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D6429BD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_202DTGZC9RP776G6BCRZ

It's fine, looks nice on the phone. It can be a little slippy on the arm of the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

For someone who is on a pixel 3 and will move to a pixel 5 soonish
    Any ideas on what improvements I can expect to experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭914

youngblood wrote: »
    For someone who is on a pixel 3 and will move to a pixel 5 soonish
    Any ideas on what improvements I can expect to experience?

This is my first Pixel so cannot compare to other pixels, but here is what I find.

Really good battery life. I hit about a day and a half before I need a charge (taking pics, browsing web, social media, checking emails) I don't play mobile games so just general usage.

Savage camera, night mode is excellent.

I found the air features a big buggy or just my dodgy finger movements so just opted to enable the bottom nav drawer (back button home button)

Although it doesn't have the latest top of the range Snapdragon, I have yet to see it struggle or stutter, has been flawless since I got it (Christmas)

Wide angle lens I don't think the 3 has that.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

For anyone still waiting on their free bose headphones. Spoke to them today and they said Brexit has caused delays. They have to relocate their fulfillment centre from UK to Germany for the Irish market, so they say. Got the email below too.

---

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your participation in the Google Pixel Bose Headphones promotion.

Due to the high popularity of this offer we continue to experience delays in shipping out some of the Bose Headphones rewards.

Whilst our team are working as fast as they can to send out your reward, and we can assure you that every participant whose claim has been approved will receive their reward, we expect all customers to receive their deliveries by 15/03/21. We would like to sincerely apologise that your delivery has been affected.

As soon as your Bose headphones are ready to dispatch, we shall update you by email and provide the courier tracking details for your shipment.

We hope in the meantime you are enjoying your new Pixel phone.

Kind regards,

Promotional Support Team

This is an automated email from a no-reply address. Please do not respond.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

5a out on June 11th, according to Jon Prosser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,757 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hi all i think the vodafone offer is ended, is google the cheapest place to get one now?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

All the Pixel phones are now on offer on the Google Store.

Pixel 5 is €559

4A5G is €399

4A is €349

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Was I dreaming that Vodafone Ireland had the Pixel 5 on stock very recently?
    I just decided to upgrade to it and it's just gone...
    The Pixel 6 doesn't seem to be around the corner, so I'm confused.
    Do you guys know what's happening and if I could get a Pixel 5 on Vodafone in the near future?

Thank you.

I picked up one of these a couple of months ago. I'm noticing I'm missing a lot of calls that go directly to voicemail, I never see any sign of the call.

I'm in Dublin City Centre with a strong signal. My previous phone didn't have this issue with the same SIM card and network.

Any ideas?

xboxdad wrote: »
    Was I dreaming that Vodafone Ireland had the Pixel 5 on stock very recently?
    I just decided to upgrade to it and it's just gone...
    The Pixel 6 doesn't seem to be around the corner, so I'm confused.
    Do you guys know what's happening and if I could get a Pixel 5 on Vodafone in the near future?

Thank you.

I got one through Vodafone, so they definitely did have them. No idea when/if they'll get more in stock, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I picked up one of these a couple of months ago. I'm noticing I'm missing a lot of calls that go directly to voicemail, I never see any sign of the call.

I'm in Dublin City Centre with a strong signal. My previous phone didn't have this issue with the same SIM card and network.

Any ideas?

Are they all private (hidden) numbers by any chance? I have the "block private number numbers" feature enabled and it does exactly this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Are they all private (hidden) numbers by any chance? I have the "block private number numbers" feature enabled and it does exactly this.
    Phone > 3 Dots Menu > Settings > Blocked Numbers

551074.png

Thanks. Unfortunately this was already set to off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Is there any problems with the 128gb filling up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Kumpic

Phil.x wrote: »

I'm only on 40% so I would say no, but that really depends on the user. If you're doing a lot of photos in high quality, it could fill up very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Install the Files app by Google, will help you clear up any temp / large / downloaded files, unused apps or already backed up photos / videos in Google Photos.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files

So just bought the 4a 5g for the wife, it was the positive camera reviews that swung it for me and the reduction of €100.

So just bought the 4a 5g for the wife, it was the positive camera reviews that swung it for me and the reduction of €100.

Dammit, the 100e off is now gone

Dammit, the 100e off is now gone

Yes finished yesterday. But they do come back every few weeks.

Wow, the camera is excellent on the 4a5g compared to our old Samsung and Huawei p8 lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

The Pixel 4a (4G) is available in the google store now for €309

https://store.google.com/ie/product/pixel_4a?hl=en-GB

hopeso wrote: »
    The Pixel 4a (4G) is available in the google store now for €309

https://store.google.com/ie/product/pixel_4a?hl=en-GB

It's still 279 on Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Maybe so but it'll be locked to the VF network which may not suit everyone. It'll be unlocked from the Google store.

It seems I am incorrect: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117273997&postcount=902
    Badly fukt wrote: »

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    Maybe so but it'll be locked to the VF network which may not suit everyone. Getting it from Google it'll be unlocked.

It's not locked, I bought one for 179 when there was a €100 discount code, using it now on Gomo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

Badly fukt wrote: »

I tried to buy it twice recently on the Vodafone website, but was unable to complete the transaction for some reason. I tried my local Vodafone store, who didn't have it, and told me that none of the stores locally had it.

Advertisement