Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Meesared wrote: »
    Used it driving the other day without issue

That's because the GPS is making its best guess on where you're supposed to be. So for example the GPS pings you as 1 metre to the left of a road. The software presumes you're actually on that road and places you there. See it all the time when driving on realignments where the map hasn't been updated. The phone will show you on the old road unless you're over 5 metres away.

Latest update on my claim.
    Claim submitted on November 10th
    Current stats is "Claim Received"
    Last update is from November 11th

I just rang Google (I think) regarding my claim on 01582 0722
    They were next to useless. Had to select about 10 options before finally getting through to speak to an agent, and I was told
    "There are undergoing an update, and they should be able to start approving claims this week again."
    Nothing more than that. I'll give them until next week, and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Latest update on my claim.
    Claim submitted on November 10th
    Current stats is "Claim Received"
    Last update is from November 11th

I just rang Google (I think) regarding my claim on 01582 0722
    They were next to useless. Had to select about 10 options before finally getting through to speak to an agent, and I was told
    "There are undergoing an update, and they should be able to start approving claims this week again."
    Nothing more than that. I'll give them until next week, and try again

Friend was told exact same a week ago.

I myself have a Samsung claim since 4th of this month still no updates. Same company run both the promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I honestly think it's a waste of your time to be calling them for updates, you'll get something out of them.

Wait until the 60 days are up before causing a fuss.

My claim was validated on the 16th of October and as far as I can tell only some in the UK have received headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

jozi wrote: »
    I honestly think it's a waste of your time to be calling them for updates, you'll get something out of them.

Wait until the 60 days are up before causing a fuss.

My claim was validated on the 16th of October and as far as I can tell only some in the UK have received headphones.

Your comment is completely valid when it comes to actually receiving the headphones. The problem with most of us I think is that on the claim submitted email it says "we'll send you a validation email within 2 working days". This is where they have gone wrong, they should at least put up a banner on their website saying they're behind on claim verifications because of a technical issue or whatever else.

• Advertisement

danicm wrote: »
    Your comment is completely valid when it comes to actually receiving the headphones. The problem with most of us I think is that on the claim submitted email it says "we'll send you a validation email within 2 working days". This is where they have gone wrong, they should at least put up a banner on their website saying they're behind on claim verifications because of a technical issue or whatever else.

My apologies, I completely misread. My claim was within minutes but I have seen posts more recently that it takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

My claim has been pending two weeks now and I've filled out the contact form twice asking for an update but I've heard absolutely nothing so far. My claim is still stuck at 'Received 11/11/2020'

Phat Cat wrote: »
    My claim has been pending two weeks now and I've filled out the contact form twice asking for an update but I've heard absolutely nothing so far. My claim is still stuck at 'Received 11/11/2020'

Good to know! I'm the same, since the 11th. I sent them a message today through the contact form, I guess I should lower my expectations.

Good to know! I'm the same, since the 11th. I sent them a message today through the contact form, I guess I should lower my expectations.

We're all in the same boat. That's 3 of us with the date of November 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Very irritating process altogether. This promotion swayed me to actually go for the phone. I was instantly validated once my claim went in on October 18th so I'm around the 40 day mark. I think best to wait until a few people are over 60 days then go for it. Agree how to complain and a bunch of people go for it. It's all these companies understand.

• Advertisement

Very irritating process altogether. This promotion swayed me to actually go for the phone. I was instantly validated once my claim went in on October 18th so I'm around the 40 day mark. I think best to wait until a few people are over 60 days then go for it. Agree how to complain and a bunch of people go for it. It's all these companies understand.

Same, I was very much on the fence and tempted to get the 4a. Learned about the headphone deal and bought it on launch night. Waiting ever since...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

I still can't get over this phone's camera. It just blows me away everytime and Astrophotography is just something else.

The attachments are the first image unaltered, second I just put the black levels down 100% after for the stars to really pop and third is the wide angle unaltered.

I didn't do any fancy set up I just put the phone in the back garden on a clear night a few inches off the grass and left it for the 4 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

They have started validating claims again, work colleague just got a text his was put in on 11th

I just received this update even though I sent them a screen grab of the Google Store Pixel 5 email/receipt, which is strange. Anyway I took another screen grab so hopefully the next one will be excepted.
    Hi,

Thank you for taking part in the Google Pixel promotion.

We've noticed that your claim is missing some information. Unfortunately, we won't be able to continue processing your claim until you get this over to us. The reason for this request can be seen below:

Document did not show product purchased

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FebruaryStars

I got my claim validation email this morning. I had submitted my claim on November 11th, like a few others here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I just received this update even though I sent them a screen grab of the Google Store Pixel 5 email/receipt, which is strange. Anyway I took another screen grab so hopefully the next one will be excepted.

I got the same, so sent them another.

I took it as a sign of progress :rolleyes:

I got the same email!!! In my case it said I had missed invoice date. Which I had given them the first time around, so I just sent them a screenshot of the order on the store website.
    This crowd are useless!

My error said that I was missing the retailer details.
    Considering the screenprint was from the Google Store, I thought that would be enough.

Looks like I may have deleted my invoice/email receipt from Google.
    Anyone know how I can request a new copy of the receipt?

edit. found it. Go to pay.google.com

My error said that I was missing the retailer details.
    Considering the screenprint was from the Google Store, I thought that would be enough.

Looks like I may have deleted my invoice/email receipt from Google.
    Anyone know how I can request a new copy of the receipt?

The original order confirmation email is not that much different from the order details on the google store. I also doesn't contain delivery date which in theory they want to see. I just sent them a screenshot of the full page showing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭wingnut

Seem to be arriving to people in UK now so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

Validation finally went through today, so maybe they're moving again. I'm not expecting it this side of Xmas anyway.

My claim for the headphones has just been validated

Mine is still showing as Claim Received. Hopefully it gets updated today

Edit: Finally validated. Not that I mind too much. I already have a pair of the headphones, but I'll definitely find use for these ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

My claim has been validated since 7th November. No headphones yet

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

I've been validated since 21/10 but nothing since, called them a few weeks back and was told all is in order but they are waiting on courier details.
    Has anyone received their headphones?

bawnBeag wrote: »
    I've been validated since 21/10 but nothing since, called them a few weeks back and was told all is in order but they are waiting on courier details.
    Has anyone received their headphones?

I've been waiting since October 16, nothing from them since the validation email.

I've been waiting since October 16, nothing from them since the validation email.

Wow! So in theory in a couple of weeks you'll hit the 60 day mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Same here

Wow! So in theory in a couple of weeks you'll hit the 60 day mark.

Less than 2 weeks

• Advertisement

My headphones have shipped! I was a good while after some of you guys as well.

Advertisement