Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

skodacb wrote: »
    Contacted promotions team and got my tracking number for DHL.

Collected on the 3rd, and that has been the only update. Hopefully An Post will come good this week.

Would you have an email address/ contact details for them?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Would you have an email address/ contact details for them?

Thanks

015820722 is the number. I had a 15 minute wait, but the customer service rep was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Finally got the text from An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

60 days later, headphones finally arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

My headphones have also arrived!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

What has been the average number of days between shipment Google email/text to actual delivery for those that have received them?

dan786 wrote: »
    What has been the average number of days between shipment Google email/text to actual delivery for those that have received them?

12 days for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Submitted my claim on 18th October, validated on 23rd and nothing since. Will be at the 60 days next week but no shipping info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭wingnut

Submitted my claim on 18th October, validated on 23rd and nothing since. Will be at the 60 days next week but no shipping info.

Submitted 15 October nothing for 50 odd days. Emailed, they said they address was wrong because eircode didn't match.

I was told then they had tried to send them on 17th October!! So annoyed they didn't drop an email at that stage.

I'm well over 60 days now but support have told me they should be on the way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

wingnut wrote: »
    Submitted 15 October nothing for 50 odd days. Emailed, they said they address was wrong because eircode didn't match.

I was told then they had tried to send them on 17th October!! So annoyed they didn't drop an email at that stage.

I'm well over 60 days now but support have told me they should be on the way soon.

I had my address down as Parcel Wizard because I bought from Amazon. I asked them would they update my address as Parcel Wizard is closing tomorrow and they updated but are claiming I'm missing documentation even though my claim was validated and I have an email from support at the end of October stating that also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

wingnut wrote: »

I find it hard to believe they tried send them on the 17th, they're telling fibs there. Had anyone in Ireland even got them before December?
    Mine came today. Wasn't crazy pleased with the packaging.. headphone box has been squished a bit. Just a DHL bag around the Bose box.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Arrived today!

Claim instantly validated 16th October.
    Despatched December 3rd
    An post text yesterday
    Arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Got my An Post text and email today. I hope they aren't delivered tomorrow as I'll be out all day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FebruaryStars

Alun wrote: »
    Got my An Post text and email today. I hope they aren't delivered tomorrow as I'll be out all day :(

I got the email yesterday and it was delivered this morning. I think there's a link in the email to change your delivery day/delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I got the email yesterday and it was delivered this morning. I think there's a link in the email to change your delivery day/delivery address.
    Yes, I saw that but I don't trust it to work. I can just pick it up from the delivery office on Monday.

Got mine today. Shipped on 11th so 7 days total for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭wingnut

dan786 wrote: »
    Got mine today. Shipped on 11th so 7 days total for me.

Finally git an post tracking number for mine. I wonder if DHL suspending Irish deliveries will impact others waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

My headphones arrived on Christmas Eve! Perfect timing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Just noticed I'm 10 days too late for this offer. Is it still worth buying the Pixel 5? Currently have a Pixel 3a.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Just noticed I'm 10 days too late for this offer. Is it still worth buying the Pixel 5? Currently have a Pixel 3a.

Honestly having had the phone nearly two months now, I'd say yes.

Much better form factor overall, I had the regular 3A and it's nice having an all screen phone.

Software and UI is the same, but it's much more fluid.

Battery life is just phenomenal, I can nearly kill it using it for work, using maps and streaming music, but on a regular day I could easily end at the 30-50% mark depending on usage.

The lack of a headphone jack was a little issue more so with work vehicles only having a aux but I just keep the adapter connected to the aux cable.

If you do need a adapter for headphones, I would recommend the Google one compared to the Apple one, as the former actually drives headphones and speakers compared to Apples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭914

The_B_Man wrote: »

I can not compare it to a 3a as this is my first Pixel. I'm loving the 5. Camera is fantastic, display is beautiful, although it does not have the top of the range snap dragon, I have not noticed it being slower than my previous phone.

One thing I notice if you take a pic and view it straight away it takes a second or so to process, that doesn't bother me though.

I wasn't keen on the gestures found them a little buggy so switched them off and put on the three dedicated buttons and there are perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Does anyone know whether there's a pattern to Google offering price reductions on Pixels?

I bought a 2xl in February of March 2018, and I'm pretty sure it had been reduced by a hundred quid or so.

Is this an annual thing, or does it depend on how the phone is selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭914

Evil_g wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether there's a pattern to Google offering price reductions on Pixels?

I bought a 2xl in February of March 2018, and I'm pretty sure it had been reduced by a hundred quid or so.

The usual have 50 euro off on black friday but this year that didn't happen.

Evil_g wrote: »

Google never seem to do much more than 20% off on their phones. You would usually get them cheaper elsewhere.

Right now, the cheapest option seems to be using switch and save with Vodafone.

4a €300
    4a 5G €450
    5 €580

OmqoIIH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Did anyone get their free QC35s yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Weeks ago, before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Yeah, like a week after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

Got mine just before Christmas. Great piece of kit to go with a really good phone.

I think the people who got them validated mid December and after are yet to receive them. I got mine in first week of January for claim valid dated start of December but know someone who are yet to receive theirs who got it validated a week after me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Thanks folks. Sorry to hijack the thread. I'll follow up with Google so.

Advertisement