Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Hi folks, this is my first phone with wireless charging so looking for some advice on wireless charging pads. I'm not too keen on the Pixel Stand as it just seems too overpriced.

Does anyone know if a 15W charger like this Anker one plugged in to the Pixel's original charger will deliver fast charging? Or do I also need to buy one of those QC 3.0 chargers for that?

The specs say the input should be 5V-2A / 9V-2A, the Pixel adapter is 5V-3A so I'm not sure what that would do in terms of the output the pad will produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Basil3 wrote: »
    Any update on your tracking?

Still the same. Collected.

OK, for anyone who is interested...I contacted Google to follow up on what's happening with the shipment. I spoke to a woman who provided me with a tracking number, and a link to track. The tracking only says collected (as mentioned above), but it seems to be the wrong link.

This link here is the one we want:

https://www.dhl.com/ie-en/home/our-divisions/parcel/private-customers.html

At least this one says that it has been processed in the export parcel centre in Germany 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

OK, for anyone who is interested...I contacted Google to follow up on what's happening with the shipment. I spoke to a woman who provided me with a tracking number, and a link to track. The tracking only says collected (as mentioned above), but it seems to be the wrong link.

At least this one says that it has been processed in the export parcel centre in Germany 2 days ago.

How did you get the tracking number? I raised a request at the below link but have heard nothing

https://pixel-offers.com/bose/en-GB/support/contact

SachaJ wrote: »
    How did you get the tracking number? I raised a request at the below link but have heard nothing

https://pixel-offers.com/bose/en-GB/support/contact

I had to call them, then go on hold for a bit until I could actually speak to someone. The tracking number is really long, so she emailed it to me while I was on the phone.

• Advertisement

I was looking for other tracking sites the other day. When I go to that link I get the following, it doesn't seem responsive to me at all

535733.jpg

Just received a notification that An Post have a DHL Connect parcel for me and will be delivered within 3 days. I assume its the headphones (but it could be a multitude of other things I ordered).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

I rang and got them to mail me the tracking number also.
    Still just says:
    Your parcel xxxxxxxxx has been collected

Also, all of the pixel-offers emails go into my Gmail spam so watch out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭914

Just ordered the 5 as a christmas present, is the delivery as slow as google suggests.

Currently down as expected delivery 4-5th Jan.

If it is that slow I can cancel it and just order one from amazon as amazon has delivery down as the 15th dec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭914

914 wrote: »
    Just ordered the 5 as a christmas present, is the delivery as slow as google suggests.

Currently down as expected delivery 4-5th Jan.

If it is that slow I can cancel it and just order one from amazon as amazon has delivery down as the 15th dec

Yep it does take that long. Reached out to customer support. Cancelled the order and ordered via amazon

• Advertisement

914 wrote: »
    Yep it does take that long. Reached out to customer support. Cancelled the order and ordered via amazon

Most people get it well ahead of the expected delivery, but yeah, that is a long wait.

If you wanted it cheaper, Vodafone have it in stock and they have €50 switch and save. Free Eir SIM, port the number to Vodafone, get the phone for €580. Pixel 5 from Vodafone is completely stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭wingnut

username3 wrote: »
    Also, all of the pixel-offers emails go into my Gmail spam so watch out for that.

Same which is bizzare really given it a company working on behalf of Google.

I raised a query last week found a mail yesterday saying there was some issue with my address and asking to confirm it.

My headphones arrived this morning.

SachaJ wrote: »
    My headphones arrived this morning.

Nice one! Did your tracking show anything?

When was your claim validated?

jozi wrote: »
    Nice one! Did your tracking show anything?

When was your claim validated?

Validated on 24/10/2020, shipped on 03/12/2020

The tracking number was useless on any of the DHL sites I tried. Last night I got a notification from An Post and was able to track on their site.

Thanks.

They must not be processing them in any specific order. I validated mine on the 16th.

At least nine are on the way and we know they are being delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The fact it is confirmed that they are being passed to An Post for last leg delivery, tells us that it is most likely An Post's backlog (as I previously mentioned) that is the problem and this is why they aren't moving from Germany quickly for most people.

I wonder what part of the country the one delivered pair ended up...

dar83 wrote: »
    The fact it is confirmed that they are being passed to An Post for last leg delivery, tells us that it is most likely An Post's backlog (as I previously mentioned) that is the problem and this is why they aren't moving from Germany quickly for most people.

I wonder what part of the country the one delivered pair ended up...

Co Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Claim got validated on 9th and shipped today. Things are moving fast again

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

I just got an email from An Post to say they have my Headphones and to expect them in the next 3 days. Finally the end is in sight!

• Advertisement

walshy_c wrote: »
    I just got an email from An Post to say they have my Headphones and to expect them in the next 3 days. Finally the end is in sight!

I got mine the next day after that An Post notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭wingnut

Jesus this crowd. I got a response 'there is an issue with your address please confirm'. Confirmed the address. A few days later.. Your eircode is for an address in town X you said town Y. Now the townland was the same in both but traditionally address has always been the nearest village but the eircode references a larger town further away. First time I've ever come across the pedantry!

Just received a text from AnPost, they are on their way, finally! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

How come An post are delivering the headphones, I thought it was DHL? Still waiting for mine, dispatched earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nedved85 wrote: »
    How come An post are delivering the headphones, I thought it was DHL? Still waiting for mine, dispatched earlier this week.
    DHL Germany are part of Deutsche Post, and most of what comes in from Germany seems to end up being handled by An Post once it arrives here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Ive still not heard anything, but I'm assuming I will this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Alun wrote: »
    DHL Germany are part of Deutsche Post, and most of what comes in from Germany seems to end up being handled by An Post once it arrives here.

Thanks

Got the An Post Email/Text this morning also. Movement finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Contacted promotions team and got my tracking number for DHL.

Collected on the 3rd, and that has been the only update. Hopefully An Post will come good this week.

• Advertisement

My headphones just arrived!

Advertisement