Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

ton3181 wrote: »

Same here, 58, vaccinated in drogheda today.

What flavour did they give you? Thank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I love the speed this thread is moving at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

HeyV wrote: »
    Can the appointment texts arrive any time or are they during business hours only?
    And also regarding time frames... what are the typical operating hours for MVC’s?
    (Apologies if both of these questions have been asked, and answered, before)

Some don't always get texts. I did, however my wife didn't, she just got her appointment time by checking in and out of the portal on a daily basis,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,924 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

HeyV wrote:
    Can the appointment texts arrive any time or are they during business hours only? And also regarding time frames... what are the typical operating hours for MVC’s? (Apologies if both of these questions have been asked, and answered, before)

Latest text I got was 6:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

patscott27 wrote: »

What flavour did they give you? Thank.

Janssen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

emrys wrote: »
    im 51 and in Aviva tomorrow. 2 x 51 yr friends also Aviva tomorrow. Wife was there today (49)

Exactly the same here! I'm at the Aviva tomorrow, 51. Wife, 49, was there today.

Text: 24th May
    Appointment: 25th May
    Where: Aviva
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Appt: 29th May
    Limerick
    Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Age 58. Only 6 cubicles in action out of 10. Also advised they are only doing public vaccinations two days this week (today and tomorrow). Not going to get any faster at this rate while the rest of the country races ahead of Drogheda East Meath...

I’m also East Meath. Was it a supervisor who told you this? I’m wondering would it be best now to cancel on HSE helpline and ask to register at my parents address??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Probably 10 to 14 days from now before they start giving anything to age 44 in Dublin. Just a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

Age 48.
    Registered last week
    Txt tonight for Fri 28th Lmk
    Moderna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Some don't always get texts. I did, however my wife didn't, she just got her appointment time by checking in and out of the portal on a daily basis,

How do you log into the portal ? Is it the same one you registered for the vaccine ?
    I registered online but it does not seem to have a login logout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Janedoe10 wrote: »
    How do you log into the portal ? Is it the same one you registered for the vaccine ?
    I registered online but it does not seem to have a login logout

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Wife and brother both 48
    Text: 23rd May
    Appt: 25th May
    Greystones
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Golfwidow wrote: »

I’m also East Meath. Was it a supervisor who told you this? I’m wondering would it be best now to cancel on HSE helpline and ask to register at my parents address??!!

For anyone in Drogheda area see update from Fergus O'Dowd's Facebook page I was linked to. Registered 6th May myself and nothing as yet as are some 60 year olds I know. Hopefully its going to speed up.

Update on Vaccine Rollout Louth/Meath🚨
    💻Lots of queries coming in from residents worried about not getting appointments after registering. The Head of Primary Care services has confirmed to me that they are working towards all 50-69 being completed by next week in County #Louth. This may involve individuals being offered appointments in neighbouring counties.
    🙏The HSE have asked for people to remain patient and to attend their appointments.
    💉Since opening, the Fairways Centre has offered 12,765 appointments, 10,849 people have been vaccinated, 1968 have DNA.
    💉Since opening, the #Drogheda DIFE centre has offered 1356 appointments, 1120 people have been vaccinated, 236 have DNA.
    💉#Meath Vaccination Center is at max and they are looking at options for increasing further capacity
    💉Since opening Simonstown has offered 17,025 appointments. 14,790 people have been vaccinated and 2431 have DNA (as stand by lists are used there is a difference between the number of DNA and those get vaccinated)
    💡As more vaccinators are employed I will campaigning for longer opening hours for our community vaccination centres

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Anyone been vaccinated at Cavan MVC? Anyone know what ages they are on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

"they are working towards all 50-69 being completed by next week in County #Louth."

Not much of an improvement really.
    Sure the rest of the country is headed into the 40s today.
    2 weeks behind Cork, Ennis etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭gipi

Dingatron wrote: »

For anyone in Drogheda area see update from Fergus O'Dowd's Facebook page I was linked to. Registered 6th May myself and nothing as yet as are some 60 year olds I know. Hopefully its going to speed up.

Update on Vaccine Rollout Louth/Meath🚨
    💻Lots of queries coming in from residents worried about not getting appointments after registering. The Head of Primary Care services has confirmed to me that they are working towards all 50-69 being completed by next week in County #Louth. This may involve individuals being offered appointments in neighbouring counties.
    ðŸ™The HSE have asked for people to remain patient and to attend their appointments.
    💉Since opening, the Fairways Centre has offered 12,765 appointments, 10,849 people have been vaccinated, 1968 have DNA.
    💉Since opening, the #Drogheda DIFE centre has offered 1356 appointments, 1120 people have been vaccinated, 236 have DNA.
    💉#Meath Vaccination Center is at max and they are looking at options for increasing further capacity
    💉Since opening Simonstown has offered 17,025 appointments. 14,790 people have been vaccinated and 2431 have DNA (as stand by lists are used there is a difference between the number of DNA and those get vaccinated)
    💡As more vaccinators are employed I will campaigning for longer opening hours for our community vaccination centres

Ged Nash had exactly the same information on his Facebook page today. Lots of unhappy and anxious posters on his page.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

makes me think this half assed centre in Drogheda is actually slowing up things. no disrespect to the staff who i am sure are doing their best. Sick of hearing about 40s group being done ahead of me. Get the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

revelman wrote: »
    Anyone been vaccinated at Cavan MVC? Anyone know what ages they are on?
    I'm 52 going in morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭forumdedum

"they are working towards all 50-69 being completed by next week in County #Louth."

How in the name of God will they get between age 50-69 in 1 week in a centre that offered 1356 vaccines in a week. Sheer bull

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭quodec

AGE 60 and registered at Dundalk for 4 WEEKS.... and still not a sign of being called!!
    Checking online portal twice a day (morning and evening) and have phone on all the time in case I miss a text. Even drove by the Fairways today to see what was happening and yes, it looked VERY busy. But you would despair at their rate of getting through people in Louth when most other areas are way ahead. I'm sure the staff at all the MVCs are doing their best but how can some centres be so far ahead of others? But because its the HSE organising this roll out, its hard to be surprised that this has happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

quodec wrote: »
    AGE 60 and registered at Dundalk for 4 WEEKS.... and still not a sign of being called!!
    Checking online portal twice a day (morning and evening) and have phone on all the time in case I miss a text. Even drove by the Fairways today to see what was happening and yes, it looked VERY busy. But you would despair at their rate of getting through people in Louth when most other areas are way ahead. I'm sure the staff at all the MVCs are doing their best but how can some centres be so far ahead of others? But because its the HSE organising this roll out, its hard to be surprised that this has happened!

The centres must not have the capacity /personnel/vaccine supply to deal with the populations they are servicing. Extremely bad planning!! Not good enough! I emailed Stephen Donnelly, Paul Reid, Leo Varadkar and Micheál Martin about this at the weekend and I have not had a reply from any of them! It’s shameful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Wibbler wrote: »
    Exactly the same here! I'm at the Aviva tomorrow, 51. Wife, 49, was there today.

Appointment: 25th May
    Where: Aviva
    Vaccine: Pfizer

How does it happen that the 49 yr old gets appointment before the 51 yr old?

Seems to be very little logic in the system, when dealing with same MVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭josip

How does it happen that the 49 yr old gets appointment before the 51 yr old?

Seems to be very little logic in the system, when dealing with same MVC.

51/50 year olds are probably being held back in order to receive some future J&J deliveries since they are the only age group left who can use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Yes but if they are only 2 weeks behind everywhere else it'll be an improvement on being 4 weeks behind everywhere else as they are at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

The centres must not have the capacity /personnel/vaccine supply to deal with the populations they are servicing. Extremely bad planning!! Not good enough! I emailed Stephen Donnelly, Paul Reid, Leo Varadkar and Micheál Martin about this at the weekend and I have not had a reply from any of them! It’s shameful!

The centres obviously do not have the capacity to deal with the population numbers they are servicing, otherwise they wouldn't be suggesting travelling to neighbouring counties. The drogheda centre is a bit of a red herring as its mostly vaccinating health care workers (and I'm absolutely not suggesting HCWs aren't due them) rather than general public registering through the HSE portal. So while vaccine figures have been given for that site you'd wonder how many are HCW 2nd doses and how many are newly vaccinated people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

52 year old friend getting pfeizer in Helix today, 50 year old getting pfeizer in Croke park tomorrow if that helps see where they are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

forumdedum wrote: »
    How in the name of God will they get between age 50-69 in 1 week in a centre that offered 1356 vaccines in a week. Sheer bull
    Think that's two weeks but still a very tall order. That out of county approach may get a lot of use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭forumdedum

is_that_so wrote: »
    Think that's two weeks but still a very tall order. That out of county approach may get a lot of use.

Pure neglect

Advertisement