Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

circadian wrote: »
    Ah yes, the good old rolling eyes emoji, for those times when you think someone is being a bit too paranoid when in reality you haven't actually thought about the information being posted in the thread.

I have no problem with people posting the information, but I'm making the point that they should be doing it knowing that there are a few possibilities of breach of privacy.

One would be, a regular user who posts elsewhere on the site and has now included their age, general location (and even possible whereabouts on a date in the future) and possibly gender. This along with other small tidbits of information they've posted over time could result in doxxing, at the least.

Another could well be used to perform a social engineering attack, the more information you provide the easier it is for this to happen.

Finally, the likes of Facebook/Google/Amazon/Microsoft etc etc track your internet behaviours via analytics, metrics on websites and cookies. Do they really need any more help on building a profile to bombard you with more bull****? Bear in mind, it doesn't even matter if you have an account on any of these services or not, they're still building that profile.

The internet is full of strange characters, I just try to encourage people to be more thoughtful of what information they freely post online.

If people knew what data boards was collecting on them they might prefer facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Holy Duck wrote:
    Age; 52 Registered 11/5 Text today Appointment; This Monday DCU Janssen North Co Dublin

So I arrived @ 2.30, straight through,jab at 2.34, sitting in observation room now, 5 more mins left, smooth as silk, and me don't like needles! Quick as a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭terminator74

Ah yes, the good old rolling eyes emoji, for those times when you think someone is being a bit too paranoid when in reality you haven't actually thought about the information being posted in the thread.

I have no problem with people posting the information, but I'm making the point that they should be doing it knowing that there are a few possibilities of breach of privacy.

One would be, a regular user who posts elsewhere on the site and has now included their age, general location (and even possible whereabouts on a date in the future) and possibly gender. This along with other small tidbits of information they've posted over time could result in doxxing, at the least.

Another could well be used to perform a social engineering attack, the more information you provide the easier it is for this to happen.

Finally, the likes of Facebook/Google/Amazon/Microsoft etc etc track your internet behaviours via analytics, metrics on websites and cookies. Do they really need any more help on building a profile to bombard you with more bull****? Bear in mind, it doesn't even matter if you have an account on any of these services or not, they're still building that profile.

The internet is full of strange characters, I just try to encourage people to be more thoughtful of what information they freely post online.

2 min scan of boards:

Derry born, Beaumont resident, English university educated, Aston Villa supporter interested in Gaming, Crypto warns fellow internet users about posting too much information online

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

I have thought about the information, and yes I do think it's a bit paranoid. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

That's a fair comment .
    From reading this thread it appears to be 50-52.

I think people in Drogheda would be right to complain if they are well behind the average age in terms of the group being vaccinated (I've no idea if that's the case or not).
    Well that is definitely what is bothering me. I don't think it is unreasonable to travel for a vaccine but that opportunity is not being provided. Across Co. Louth/East Meath there is a serious delay. We are reading on here about 48 year olds being vaccinated around the country while we have 60 year olds still waiting. Either NPHET are serious about vaccinating by age or they are not. At this point I think this area (and any others suffering in similar way) need to be prioritised. Bring them into the Helix, City West and Aviva until the backlog gets sorted. I'd say most would happily travel at this stage. Put a stay on the younger age groups until the entire country has caught up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

2 min scan of boards:

Derry born, Beaumont resident, English university educated, Aston Villa supporter interested in Gaming, Crypto warns fellow internet users about posting too much information online

Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Notification: 19 May
    Appointment: 22 May
    J&J/Janssen

They refused to vaccinate me due to an existing mental health condition (I suffered a panic attack in the queue), so waiting on another appointment. I can just see the same thing happening again next time.
    The helpline is useless - they can accommodate people with specific physical needs but not mental health needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

muckisluck wrote: »
    That's a fair comment .
    From reading this thread it appears to be 50-52.

I think people in Drogheda would be right to complain if they are well behind the average age in terms of the group being vaccinated (I've no idea if that's the case or not).
    Well that is definitely what is bothering me. I don't think it is unreasonable to travel for a vaccine but that opportunity is not being provided. Across Co. Louth/East Meath there is a serious delay. We are reading on here about 48 year olds being vaccinated around the country while we have 60 year olds still waiting. Either NPHET are serious about vaccinating by age or they are not. At this point I think this area (and any others suffering in similar way) need to be prioritised. Bring them into the Helix, City West and Aviva until the backlog gets sorted. I'd say most would happily travel at this stage. Put a stay on the younger age groups until the entire country has caught up

Butting in here.
    Have we an idea of what age group is being vaccinated in Drogheda today?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Lucan's population is 25% larger than Drogheda, but doesn't have it's own vaccination centre.
    We can't have one in every town.
    The catchment area of Drogheda is closer to 70,000. The likes of Laytown and Bettystown would also be expected to be done in Drogheda. The only MVC in Meath is in Navan. The issue people in those areas have is the fact that they still haven't done people in their 60s and delays of 3 weeks+ are starting to become the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

muckisluck wrote: »

Butting in here.
    Have we an idea of what age group is being vaccinated in Drogheda today?

I know a couple of 58 year olds gone in today but, I also know a 59 year old and a couple in 60s who’ve been skipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I know a couple of 58 year olds gone in today but, I also know a 59 year old and a couple in 60s who’ve been skipped.

We were told today that there was a computer glitch the first day 60 year olds could register and they were skipped. They also said it could be three weeks before it's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

2 min scan of boards:

Now imagine what you could do if we knew when they were getting vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They refused to vaccinate me due to an existing mental health condition (I suffered a panic attack in the queue), so waiting on another appointment. I can just see the same thing happening again next time. The helpline is useless - they can accommodate people with specific physical needs but not mental health needs.

Talk to your GP. He/she can arrange to vaccinate you. I don't do well in large crowds myself and might have to get vaccine from my own GP

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    We were told today that there was a computer glitch the first day 60 year olds could register and they were skipped. They also said it could be three weeks before it's sorted.
    It seems odd that it was such a widespread yet only local glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Talk to your GP. He/she can arrange to vaccinate you. I don't do well in large crowds myself and might have to get vaccine from my own GP

Unfortunately my GP has finished vaccinating. The told me in Aviva that many have finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭hello2020

any one know when will registration start for 40 to 44 group?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

hello2020 wrote: »

It’s really hard know but going from the last pauses between years I’d say end of week or early next week but that’s just a guess. Places like cork seem to be romping down the years so not sure if they’d start them earlier as it looks like they’ll be do to 45 before some centers reach 50

hello2020 wrote: »

Fergal Bowers mentioned the end of this week on the news earlier. I don't know if that's based on anything concrete or just his own guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

is_that_so wrote: »

It does seem odd but that's what they've said, after calling them every second day for the past two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers mentioned the end of this week on the news earlier. I don't know if that's based on anything concrete or just his own guess.

you can register now apparently, have a few friends in that age bracket that already registered once the 44+ opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭gipi

Pity they couldn't tell me that on the helpline any time I contacted them! Thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

2 min scan of boards:

Exactly, a few key thing that I have mentioned in the past missing from this but yes, pretty accurate and the one key thing missing would definitely identify me to those who know me.

You've made my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭gipi

is_that_so wrote: »

It might be eircode related, which would explain the local nature of the delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭terminator74

Exactly, a few key thing that I have mentioned in the past missing from this but yes, pretty accurate and the one key thing missing would definitely identify me to those who know me.

You've made my point.

I could of added a few more alright but you do have a point also. Sometimes we can forget how much we disclose about ourselves in the digital world - intentionally or unintentionally

gipi wrote: »
    It might be eircode related, which would explain the local nature of the delays.
    Maybe, know of people in their 60s who've been done for weeks, although I believe they went to Dundalk for their jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Golfwidow wrote: »

Same here I heard 58s being vaxxed today ....but 59s and 60s still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

That would explain why people aged 60 were missed but it doesn't explain people over 60 or those aged 59 who registered a week later and are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Just been up to the Citywest site, quick as a flash, arrived at 14:10 for a 14:30 appointment, so had time to stroll to the queue, was out after the 15 minutes pause by the time it hit 14:55....
    Looking outside when I left though the queue was far bigger than when I arrived so I may of been a tad lucky.

Got my vaccine card with one "stamp" lets get the other!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

I could of added a few more alright but you do have a point also. Sometimes we can forget how much we disclose about ourselves in the digital world - intentionally or unintentionally

Yep it's very easy to disclose a lot of information, although, in fairness, I do throw a red herring out every so often.

Still, I've disclosed nothing I'm uncomfortable with. My point was to highlight to others who may feel uncomfortable with that amount of information about them when presented back as you did with mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭hello2020

copeyhagen wrote: »
    you can register now apparently, have a few friends in that age bracket that already registered once the 44+ opened

tried to register but no luck yet ..
    'Registration is not currently available for your age group'

Advertisement