Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭airy fairy

If the 50+ age gets the Janssen next week or after, they will be fully vaccinated before the 40+ ages who are getting 1st Pfizer vaccines this week, so there is the logic of 50+ being held back until then, until deliveries of J arrive.

airy fairy wrote: »
    If the 50+ age gets the Janssen next week or after, they will be fully vaccinated before the 40+ ages who are getting 1st Pfizer vaccines this week, so there is the logic of 50+ being held back until then, until deliveries of J arrive.

Depends on what you mean by fully vaccinated
    J&j is similar to Astrazenica but only 1 shot so less effective over all in real world tests against the UK variant (72 vs 90)
    No data on it for the Indian but Astra at the w/end was 60% overall
    J&j has to be less
    Basically younger people will end up more protected than older,which is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,964 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

airy fairy wrote: »

The official policy in not to hold a group back. It is supposed to go on age. The 50s age group got mostly Pfizer in the last few weeks rather than let younger go ahead of them.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the way ages are getting ahead of others. At the end of the day an extra week or to isn't the end of the world now that the 70, & 80s are covered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Russman

Depends on what you mean by fully vaccinated
    J&j is similar to Astrazenica but only 1 shot so less effective over all in real world tests against the UK variant (72 vs 90)
    No data on it for the Indian but Astra at the w/end was 60% overall
    J&j has to be less
    Basically younger people will end up more protected than older,which is crazy

Not arguing with you as I can see your point, but wasn't J&J shown to be 100% effective at preventing hospitalisation and death 28 days after injection ?
    Honestly I don't know enough about efficacy Vs effectiveness and the ins and outs of it all to comment definitively but I think the media are getting a little too hung up on comparing vaccines and percentages tbh.

There's even some argument that its a very good option...
    https://www.businessinsider.com/johnson-and-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-arguably-the-best-2021-2?r=US&IR=T

Apologies Mods just noticed this is the appointment thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Raphael Picard

Russman wrote: »
    Not arguing with you as I can see your point, but wasn't J&J shown to be 100% effective at preventing hospitalisation and death 28 days after injection ?
    Honestly I don't know enough about efficacy Vs effectiveness and the ins and outs of it all to comment definitively but I think the media are getting a little too hung up on comparing vaccines and percentages tbh.

All of the available Covid-19 vaccines are 100% effective at preventing hospitalization or death.

Efficacy rates reported from clinical trials are not directly comparable, given that the trials were conducted differently and at different times. E.g., the J&J vaccine was trialed at a time when Covid had become more prevalent and variants more common.

Public health advice has been consistent: Take the first vaccine offered to you. Stop fretting about efficacy rates.

So, if you get an appointment, go and get vaccinated with what you are offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For the love of God stop derailing this thread with moaning about vaccine efficacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

d15ude wrote: »
    No Text yet, info through portal
    Vaccine date: 25/05
    Pfizer

Jabbed this morning: from car park back to car park - 40 minutes.
    Very organized. Busy but short waiting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

d15ude wrote: »
    Jabbed this morning: from car park back to car park - 40 minutes.
    Very organized. Busy but short waiting times.

Did you eventually get a text?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

Anyone get a text in last day or so, seems to be slowing down. Impatient 45 year old here. Husband is 47 and he hopes to hear something by end of week. But not sure as his 48 year old pals still have yet to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 california dreaming

Nov2006 wrote: »
    Anyone get a text in last day or so, seems to be slowing down. Impatient 45 year old here. Husband is 47 and he hopes to hear something by end of week. But not sure as his 48 year old pals still have yet to hear.

Was just wondering exactly the same thing, particularly for the Galway MVC.

On this thread people said that Galway were vaccinating 51 year olds on Sat, 50 on Sunday, 49 on Monday. Haven't heard about after that. My hubby is 47, hasn't received a text yet.

Anybody from Galway any info on it? Thanks so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Talked to two work colleagues in Cork today. One 47 year old getting jabbed today, the other 48 year old has heard nothing. Still a lot of randomness it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SidewalkSafari

I hear ya! My 49 y/o husband was jabbed at Aviva yesterday. I'm 47 and keep obsessively listening for texts. I even set-up a special ring tone for my texts called 'jackpot' :-D The closer it gets, the more painful the wait feels...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joanne121

Friend who is 49 being done in Galway MVC today. Still waiting here (46yrs) as is my 49 year old sibling who is also in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrMiyagi12345

35, got a call asking did I want to come in next week by my GP. (South Dublin) No underlyings so can only assume he has spares. Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

50 y/o in North Dublin
    Registered 13th May
    No text
    Nothing on HSE portal
    No call from GP
    40 something year olds all around me getting vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

iggy wrote: »
    Did you eventually get a text?

Yes, received the text notification later on Sunday. About 3-4 hours after I
    checked the portal.

greenflash wrote: »
    50 y/o in North Dublin
    Registered 13th May
    No text
    Nothing on HSE portal
    No call from GP

As per above in thread, you are getting JJ so they are waiting on a shipment I suspect. Appreciate its annoying but that's the explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Notification: 19 May
    Appointment: 22 May
    J&J/Janssen

They refused to vaccinate me due to an existing mental health condition (I suffered a panic attack in the queue), so waiting on another appointment. I can just see the same thing happening again next time.
    The helpline is useless - they can accommodate people with specific physical needs but not mental health needs.

Anyone know how long reschedule appointments are taking? The helpline doesn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Raphael Picard

greenflash wrote: »
    50 y/o in North Dublin
    Registered 13th May
    No text
    Nothing on HSE portal
    No call from GP

You will probably get the Janssen (J&J) one-shot vaccine, meaning you will be fully vaccinated 14 days after you receive it.

Even if you have to wait a few more days, you will still be fully vaccinated before those a couple years younger than you who are getting a two-shot vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Anyone know how long reschedule appointments are taking? The helpline doesn't know.

Call your GP and they can organize a quieter setting for you to be vaccinated if you have issues with crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

Anyone know what age groups they're at in Punchestown at the moment?

49, registered May 19th, hoping it'll be soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭boccy23

tcif wrote: »
    Anyone know what age groups they're at in Punchestown at the moment?

49, registered May 19th, hoping it'll be soon!

1970 today anyway. Was 1969 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭boccy23

As per above in thread, you are getting JJ so they are waiting on a shipment I suspect. Appreciate its annoying but that's the explanation.

Is this a confirmed situation or an inferred Boards conclusion?

boccy23 wrote: »
    Is this a confirmed situation or an inferred Boards conclusion?

Inferred, but it does very much seem to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Second one tomorrow morning

I've rescheduled 4 or 5 times now with the Helix and they give me an appointment for the following day. Other centres take longer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I've rescheduled 4 or 5 times now with the Helix and they give me an appointment for the following day. Other centres take longer

Why would you do that ?

iamwhoiam wrote:
    Why would you do that ?

Advice from the HSE helpline. Don't like the risk of blood clot. They said keep rescheduling until different vaccine is offered

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Advice from the HSE helpline. Don't like the risk of blood clot. They said keep rescheduling until different vaccine is offered

Helix are on pfeizer today so hopefully you hear soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why would you do that ?

I have to reschedule as they wouldn't vaccinate me at the Aviva on Saturday.
    The helpline don't know how to reschedule me and just say to wait !

Advertisement