Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

I’m the same.
    Age 52
    Registered 13/5
    Text today
    Appointment this Monday DCU
    Janssen
    North Co.Dublin.

Just back from DCU
    Arrived 40 mins early - no hassle
    No waiting
    Very friendly & efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Are they still only giving 1 vaccine to people that recently had Covid? I'm not seeing much on the news about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hope this post is in correct forum.....getting the vaccine tomorrow.....have heard you are advised to drink plenty of water in the 24 hours prior to getting the shot,is there anything else you should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Knine wrote: »
    Are they still only giving 1 vaccine to people that recently had Covid? I'm not seeing much on the news about it

Yes. I think if you have had covid in the last 6 months only 1 dose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Very few appointments posted on this page today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

For anyone who's registered but not yet been assigned a date for their first dose, can I just check with you what your online record looks like, please?
    There's a list on mine:
    • Registered for a vaccine
    • Awaiting appointment 1
    • Appointment 1 scheduled
    • Consent given
    • Dose 1 medical questions answered
    • Final vaccine dose received
    The first two have purple bullet points but the third (Appointment 1 scheduled) has a red bullet point. It's been like that for a good while now and I'm wondering whether it's stalled completely at that point.

If there's anyone who registered recenrtly without yet getting an appointment, does your third (appointment) bullet have a red bullet or not? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

fiachraX wrote: »
    For anyone who's registered but not yet been assigned a date for their first dose, can I just check with you what your online record looks like, please?
    There's a list on mine:
    • Registered for a vaccine
    • Awaiting appointment 1
    • Appointment 1 scheduled
    • Consent given
    • Dose 1 medical questions answered
    • Final vaccine dose received
    The first two have purple bullet points but the third (Appointment 1 scheduled) has a red bullet point. It's been like that for a good while now and I'm wondering whether it's stalled completely at that point.

If there's anyone who registered recenrtly without yet getting an appointment, does your third (appointment) bullet have a red bullet or not? Thanks!

Yes, that's exactly what I see

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gst

Yep, registered on the 20th, still waiting. Mine's looked like you describe since day 1.

I think the red bullet probably just highlights the current step you're on. When I get an appointment I expect the consent step will turn red.

Great - thanks!
    I couldn't remember what it had looked like at the very beginning and I was just a little worried that maybe the whole line (bullet and all) should have been greyed out, like the row beneath, and that the red bullet indicated some kind of problem.
    Hopefully will get a date before too long.

Just another thought - I wonder whether, since there's no mention of a second dose (just appointment 1 scheduled and final dose received) - does that mean I'm tagged for the single dose J&J? Or does everyone have those steps even if they're getting a 2-dose vaccine and they don't bother separating out scheduling of dose 1, received dose 1, scheduled dose 2 (final dose), received dose 2 (final dose)?

Anyone in 40s - who should be up for a 2 dose mRNA vaccine - able to comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Great - thanks!
    I couldn't remember what it had looked like at the very beginning and I was just a little worried that maybe the whole line (bullet and all) should have been greyed out, like the row beneath, and that the red bullet indicated some kind of problem.
    Hopefully will get a date before too long.

Just another thought - I wonder whether, since there's no mention of a second dose (just appointment 1 scheduled and final dose received) - does that mean I'm tagged for the single dose J&J? Or does everyone have those steps even if they're getting a 2-dose vaccine and they don't bother separating out scheduling of dose 1, received dose 1, scheduled dose 2 (final dose), received dose 2 (final dose)?

Anyone in 40s - who should be up for a 2 dose mRNA vaccine - able to comment?

This is my list

Registered for a vaccine
    Awaiting appointment 1
    Appointment 1 scheduled
    Consent given
    Dose 1 Medical questions answered
    Vaccine dose 1 received
    Awaiting appointment 2
    Appointment 2 scheduled
    Dose 2 Medical questions answered
    Final vaccine dose received

• Advertisement

This is my list
    Registered for a vaccine
    Awaiting appointment 1
    Appointment 1 scheduled
    Consent given
    Vaccine dose 1 received
    Awaiting appointment 2
    Appointment 2 scheduled
    Thanks. And is that before you've been allocated your first appointment (and therefore specific vaccine)?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,030 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks. And is that before you've been allocated your first appointment (and therefore specific vaccine)?

Yes.

Thanks.
    Feckit.
    Looks as though I and the other folks above who are also stalled ARE tagged for single dose J&J so, and will be left waiting until more comes in and they decide to do another J&J day. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

Thanks.
    Feckit.
    Looks as though I and the other folks above who are also stalled ARE tagged for single dose J&J so, and will be left waiting until more comes in and they decide to do another J&J day. Very frustrating.
    You are right unfortunately. I have the same lines like you without the Appointment 2 line (I'm 51).
    I remember having the line for the Appointment 2 before I got offered the J&J and requested a reschedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

This is my list

Registered for a vaccine
    Awaiting appointment 1
    Appointment 1 scheduled
    Consent given
    Vaccine dose 1 received
    Awaiting appointment 2
    Appointment 2 scheduled

Mine is like this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Age 50
    Registered 13 May
    Appt text 24 May
    Appt 26 May Citywest
    Pfizer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hope this post is in correct forum.....getting the vaccine tomorrow.....have heard you are advised to drink plenty of water in the 24 hours prior to getting the shot,is there anything else you should do?

I did nothing different to normal.
    Didn't drink any more water than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SidewalkSafari

Very few appointments posted on this page today....

I noticed this too. Anyone have a sense of what age they are doing at Aviva tomorrow (Tuesday)? Seemed like mostly 49 and 50's today. Are there still more to do or will it be on to the 48 y/os?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Anyone on here know what age they are doing in the court hotel tullamore tomorrow.

Anyone on here know what age they are doing in the court hotel tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

forestgirl wrote:
    Anyone on here know what age they are doing in the court hotel tullamore tomorrow.

They don't do just one or two ages in a day there will be people in their 60s and 50's there tomorrow. A lot of the 60s group are due a 2nd dose over the next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

I noticed this too. Anyone have a sense of what age they are doing at Aviva tomorrow (Tuesday)? Seemed like mostly 49 and 50's today. Are there still more to do or will it be on to the 48 y/os?

im 51 and in Aviva tomorrow. 2 x 51 yr friends also Aviva tomorrow. Wife was there today (49)

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They don't do just one or two ages in a day there will be people in their 60s and 50's there tomorrow. A lot of the 60s group are due a 2nd dose over the next week or two

Sorry I meant to ask if anyone here knows when they are starting to vaccinate people in their 40's in the tullamore court hotel or even if any 49 yr olds have appointments for there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ton3181

muckisluck wrote: »

Butting in here.
    Have we an idea of what age group is being vaccinated in Drogheda today?

Age 58. Only 6 cubicles in action out of 10. Also advised they are only doing public vaccinations two days this week (today and tomorrow). Not going to get any faster at this rate while the rest of the country races ahead of Drogheda East Meath...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

ton3181 wrote: »

Age 58. Only 6 cubicles in action out of 10. Also advised they are only doing public vaccinations two days this week (today and tomorrow). Not going to get any faster at this rate while the rest of the country races ahead of Drogheda East Meath...

That's shocking. All areas should going at a similar speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I'll be using my bothers eircode so...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

ton3181 wrote: »

Same here, 58, vaccinated in drogheda today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SidewalkSafari

emrys wrote: »
    im 51 and in Aviva tomorrow. 2 x 51 yr friends also Aviva tomorrow. Wife was there today (49)

Thanks for the intel! Which vaccine are your friends getting tomorrow? Pfizer or Janssen?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Can the appointment texts arrive any time or are they during business hours only?
    And also regarding time frames... what are the typical operating hours for MVC’s?
    (Apologies if both of these questions have been asked, and answered, before)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Thanks for the intel! Which vaccine are your friends getting tomorrow? Pfizer or Janssen?

we are all getting pfizer

Advertisement