Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

49 y/o in South Dublin
    Registered 18th May I think
    NO TEXT
    HSE portal had appointment details
    No call from GP
    Appointment 28th Citywest
    Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I've rescheduled 4 or 5 times now with the Helix and they give me an appointment for the following day. Other centres take longer

How did you manage this? Was it by contacting the Helix directly or the HSE Helpline?
    The helpline tells me that they don't know anything about my reschedule so I just have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

The official policy in not to hold a group back. It is supposed to go on age. The 50s age group got mostly Pfizer in the last few weeks rather than let younger go ahead of them.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the way ages are getting ahead of others. At the end of the day an extra week or to isn't the end of the world now that the 70, & 80s are covered

Also 50+will be walking around unprotected for another week or two while people in their 40s already building up immunity.
    The protection one jab of Pfizer gives is quite high when you compared to the protection you get from Janssen.

Anyone know how long reschedule appointments are taking? The helpline doesn't know.

2 weeks or more
    People are being told to wait their turn which seems to be last as people registeting same age for the same centre get their appointments before them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Two weeks now since I have registered, still nothing - no text and nothing on the portal. Friends with same age group have already have an appointment date and some of them have already got vaccinated - both Pfizer and J&J.

Anyone had any success ringing HSE helpline number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Partner 50, Pfizer, Citiwest this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

You will probably get the Janssen (J&J) one-shot vaccine, meaning you will be fully vaccinated 14 days after you receive it.

Even if you have to wait a few more days, you will still be fully vaccinated before those a couple years younger than you who are getting a two-shot vaccine.

Get out of here with your guesswork. A common factor seems to be people who registered on 13th which was the day of the ransomware attack. I rang the HSE to enquire and they said everything is in order and to call back if I don't get an appointment in five days.

I couldn't really care less about getting vaccinated other than it will allow me to travel to see family I haven't seen in a year and a half and work freely in EU countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

2 weeks or more
    People are being told to wait their turn which seems to be last as people registeting same age for the same centre get their appointments before them

Someone posted quote a few pages back, he rescheduled and got an appointment in a day which he rescheduled again then got an appointment again in a day.

I had to reschedule due to personal reason. Dont mind getting any of the vaccine. Had an appointment for last Staturday. Rescheduled on Friday, heard nothing since then. Waiting another 2 weeks or more for another appointment is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

35, got a call asking did I want to come in next week by my GP. (South Dublin) No underlyings so can only assume he has spares. Pfizer.

Yeah. I got jabbed too from my GP when he had leftover Pfizer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

rks wrote:
    I had to reschedule due to personal reason. Dont mind getting any of the vaccine. Had an appointment for last Staturday. Rescheduled on Friday, heard nothing since then. Waiting another 2 weeks or more for another appointment is ridiculous.

Reschedule can take up to 3 weeks. For me the Helix has only taken a day each time but it does depend on the centre. Some centers are still doing 60s age group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭corkie

greenflash wrote: »
    Get out of here with your guesswork. A common factor seems to be people who registered on 13th which was the day of the ransomware attack. I rang the HSE to enquire and they said everything is in order and to call back if I don't get an appointment in five days.

The working theory from here, that 50+ group are being held back, for a supply of J&J. Makes more sense than blaming the HSE Cyber-attack date.

It is clear that the vaccination portal, which is on a different system has remained unaffected and still working properly for every other age groups.

Edit: -

"“We can’t have a scenario where we end up progressing through the ages where we’re in a much younger age group and still waiting for deliveries [of J&J] to finalise the over 50s. Ultimately it needs some flexibility to utilise those Janssens beyond the age currently it’s defined for,” he said."
    https://www.thejournal.ie/jj-vaccine-hse-5430184-May2021/

Looks like that scenario is actually playing out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

emrys wrote: »
    just got the text.

51 registered may 12th, txt received 1230 may 24th, appointment Aviva 25th lunchtime. Pfizer

well Aviva was empty at lunchtime - did not see another person till i was in the 15 min waiting area! in and out in under 25 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

corkie wrote: »
    The working theory from here, that 50+ group are being held back, for a supply of J&J. Makes more sense than blaming the HSE Cyber-attack date.

It is clear that the vaccination portal, which is on a different system has remained unaffected and still working properly for every other age groups.

It probably is just a theory. Friend 51+ got a text yesterday for an appointment tomorrow in Citywest for Pfizer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I've rescheduled 4 or 5 times now with the Helix and they give me an appointment for the following day. Other centres take longer

How did you manage that? I thought you just got two "new" replies on the text to reschedule

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SidewalkSafari

well Aviva was empty at lunchtime - did not see another person till i was in the 15 min waiting area! in and out in under 25 mins

Interesting...I wonder when weekly shipments typically arrive. For example, are we seeing a slowdown in texts/appointments while waiting for more vaccine to arrive? I imagine that they don't like to schedule people until they are pretty sure there is enough supply to do the jabs on the day.

Age 53
    First appointment last Friday for J&J and an appointment each day since except for tomorrow.
    Thursday 27th
    Helix
    Pfizer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Legit_ie

Fann Linn wrote: »
    They've been saying all along the vaccine roll out is on a different system from the hacked HSE database. I don't know what that customer care rep is on about.

Your guess is as good as mine, but there's clearly something amiss and I've no doubt many are missing out on their appointments due to notification failure

emrys wrote:

There is a problem with no shows throughout the country at certain times of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Age 51
    Registered 3rd or 4th May
    Text yesterday lunchtime
    Vaccine appointment today 12:25
    Vaccinated at 12:29

Was hardly anyone in the Aviva. I was expecting to wait an hour and a half as 4 or 5 people I know had to wait that long in Aviva.

Got Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

Are people posting here when they get their second Jab appointment?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Age 53
    First appointment last Friday for J&J and an appointment each day since except for tomorrow.
    Thursday 27th
    Helix

I think you probably deserved that for your persistence!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The aviva has a break of an hour or two during the day in terms of appointments. Neighbour was there the other day, nobody else around. They told him he was one of the first of the afternoon session.

They break to restock on vaccine and prepare for the afternoon / evening

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Age 49
    North Co Dublin
    Registered 19th
    No Appointment yet.

I know thread is about having confirmed appointment.
    But I think occasionally updating non-appointments is useful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Age 53
    Thursday 27th
    Helix

Brilliant

I think you probably deserved that for your persistence!

Like a dog with a bone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

dubal wrote: »
    49 y/o in South Dublin
    Registered 18th May I think
    NO TEXT
    HSE portal had appointment details
    No call from GP
    Appointment 28th Citywest
    Moderna

Update.... And my text just arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

Age 53
    Thursday 27th
    Helix

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Any seen the attached status? .... I'm in limbo, registered but not registered !!
    HSE helpline don't know how to fix. They'll escalate, which unfortunately I've little confidence in.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Any seen the attached status? .... I'm in limbo, registered but not registered !!
    HSE helpline don't know how to fix. They'll escalate, which unfortunately I've little confidence in.

Have you tried DMing HSElive on Twitter. They helped me with a phone number issue.

• Advertisement

Any seen the attached status? .... I'm in limbo, registered but not registered !! . HSE helpline don't know how to fix. They'll escalate, which unfortunately I've little confidence in.

HSE helpline can only read off of scripts. They cannot actually do much.

I would suggest to ask them to totally cancel & remove you from the portal. If they can do that then it will be like rebooting the system and you should be able to start from scratch

Advertisement