Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If anyone has any experience of the MVC in Citywest to share? Is it moving well, is it easily laid out, parking?

That kind of stuff.

Was there on saturday afternoon.
    Plenty of parking.

Plenty of stewards to show you the way.

In and out in 30mins, including 15min rest after vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

Just got my Vaccine this mornng.

Pfizer
    Tralee

Notification: 21 May
    Appointment: 24 May

Feel great, so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

Lucan's population is 25% larger than Drogheda, but doesn't have it's own vaccination centre.
    We can't have one in every town.
    True but it seems that Louth, East Meath and Fingal seem to be marginally behind other areas in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭boccy23

clunked wrote: »
    True but it seems that Louth, East Meath and Fingal seem to be marginally behind other areas in the country.

And Kildare by the looks of it.

1969 today & 1970 from tomorrow.

I'm 1971 and haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Age 51

Registered 12.05.21
    Text received 22.05.21
    Appointment 25.05.21

Vaccine - Pfizer in Helix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Lucan's population is 25% larger than Drogheda, but doesn't have it's own vaccination centre.

Surely six largest population center does not mean "every town". And Drogheda + Balbriggan = Galway.

Dublin has four (and rightly so too) but I am surprised they are not spread out a bit more - like Lucan, Blanchardstown etc. All vaccination centers are 10-15 kms away from Lucan (another factor is public transport).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

wench wrote: »

I wish you hadn't posted that link, now I can't stop refreshing it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,866 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

First dose of Pfizer this morning, Portlaoise MVC, in and out in twenty minutes , extremely well set up imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭gipi

For people in Drogheda \ East Meath areas, who are as frustrated as I am waiting for an appointment, it is possible to change the address you registered with via the HSE live help desk. Registrations can't be deleted, but staff can change the address - you'll need the eircode.

After waiting since 27 April, having raised a case at the help desk since last Wednesday and no update forthcoming re same, I have now changed my registered address to Dublin. Let's see how this progresses.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheAlbert

Age 51
    Registered 12/5/21 (my Birthday)
    Texted 24/5/21
    Appointment 25/5/21
    Aviva - Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gator6788

The vaccination centre in Drogheda covers Drogheda County Louth and Meath as well as East Meath. The population in this area is over 70000. Until local politicians pushed very hard for a vaccination centre in the area, residents would have to travel to Dundalk or Navan.
    The new vaccination centre supposedly is only open 3 days a week and the hours are limited.
    People in their late fifties are still waiting for their first vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trickster88

Bellie1 wrote: »
    50 here and also waiting.Have 2 friends who are 49 got appointments for city hall where I'm also registered (hse line were able to tell me this).. Obviously waiting for next delivery of Jansen before they schedule us. We're the only group who can use it on so they have to make us wait to try reach the 80% target at end June.

I phoned my GP this morning. They said a number of people seem to have been 'missed'. Their advice was to pester the HSE Helpline (01-240-8787 or 1850 24 1850).

I rang the Helpline (2nd time) and was told that they will look in to my case early next week when I am near the 21 day limit. I was told the vaccination centre sends out the texts and that she could not tell me which vaccination centre I was scheduled for until I get the text. I asked if my case can be checked because younger people are being vaccinated - answer no, wait for 21 days and then they will look into it.

So Bellie1's statement seems reasonable currently - looks like they are holding 50 & 51 years olds back in Cork to give the J&J vaccine. So much for vaccinating by age :(

Mental status: frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I phoned my GP this morning. They said a number of people seem to have been 'missed'. Their advice was to pester the HSE Helpline (01-240-8787 or 1850 24 1850).

I rang the Helpline (2nd time) and was told that they will look in to my case early next week when I am near the 21 day limit. I was told the vaccination centre sends out the texts and that she could not tell me which vaccination centre I was scheduled for until I get the text. I asked if my case can be checked because younger people are being vaccinated - answer no, wait for 21 days and then they will look into it.

So Bellie1's statement seems reasonable currently - looks like they are holding 50 & 51 years olds back in Cork to give the J&J vaccine. So much for vaccinating by age :(

Mental status: frustrated

As long as you get the J&J vaccine within the next 3 weeks, you will still be fully covered faster than if you got the Pfizer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

boccy23 wrote: »
    And Kildare by the looks of it.

1969 today & 1970 from tomorrow.

I'm 1971 and haven't heard anything.
    Same story in Drogheda I am 1971 and have rang them 3 times. Today chap on hotline escalated my file to use his expression. Said I should get a text tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

just got the text.

51 registered may 12th, txt received 1230 may 24th, appointment Aviva 25th lunchtime. Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

emrys wrote: »
    just got the text.

51 registered may 12th, txt received 1230 may 24th, appointment Aviva 25th lunchtime.

JJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

JJ?

sorry will edit my post - Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

patscott27 wrote: »
    Same story in Drogheda I am 1971 and have rang them 3 times. Today chap on hotline escalated my file to use his expression. Said I should get a text tomorrow.

I believe escalate means just get you off the phone.
    They probably wont do anything until 3 weeks after you have registered.
    You are probably still in the system and can expect a text any day up to 3 weeks after the date you were supposed to register. If it goes beyone that then maybe ring them again.
    Im still waiting myself and am in the 45-49 group.
    And I know a few other 50 - 52 who are still waiting too. Cant be too long now.
    I think it depends on the month of your birthday as well as the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭circadian

First time seeing this thread, I hope people realise this is a data harvesting goldmine.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

And what age cohort are currently being vaccinated in the Lucan area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

gator6788 wrote: »
    The vaccination centre in Drogheda covers Drogheda County Louth and Meath as well as East Meath. The population in this area is over 70000. Until local politicians pushed very hard for a vaccination centre in the area, residents would have to travel to Dundalk or Navan.
    The new vaccination centre supposedly is only open 3 days a week and the hours are limited.
    People in their late fifties are still waiting for their first vaccination.

Just had my vaccine in drogheda this morn. Only 6 cubicles in use. Was in and out in 28 mins though

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

circadian wrote: »
    First time seeing this thread, I hope people realise this is a data harvesting goldmine.

What do you mean? I'm curious, do you think people shouldn't be posting this information online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 itsybitsyy

47 years old
    Registered 21th May
    Just checked on the portal, appointment 26th May Greystone Pfizer

Didn't get any text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

mioniqa wrote: »
    What do you mean? I'm curious, do you think people shouldn't be posting this information online?

I'd love to know that too. What's posted here is very generic information. So far nobody has posted their Eircode, PPSN or phone number. Can't see how the information here can be much use to anybody?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭gipi

patscott27 wrote: »

I'm 10 years older and had my case escalated last Wednesday to no avail. Don't hold your breath waiting for the text......

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Samob

I’ve been waiting for my appointment for almost three weeks. I registered on the correct day and live in South Dublin. Family members and friends all got their appointments within a couple of days of registering. I’m very keen to get my vaccine. I noticed when I logged into the portal that none of my progression bullet points were highlighted - everything was grey. Anyone else I know could see their progression stage in the system. I called the helpline several times and was told my registration is in order and they would ‘escalate’ my case. Nothing happened. I called again this morning and but this time I thought I would try using the Irish language option as I found many of the helpline staff seemed to be reading off scripted answers and didn’t understand my query. I had a suspicion my registration was not properly activated. This morning I explained as best I could in Irish and felt this time the helpline person was engaging with me. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not, but now my portal looks like it’s active. There’s a status box that says I’m awaiting appointment 1 and the corresponding bullets are highlighted. I’m now more hopeful of getting my appointment soon. So if you have been waiting too long for your appointment and don’t see any of your progression stages highlighted, there could be an issue with your registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

I'd love to know that too. What's posted here is very generic information. So far nobody has posted their Eircode, PPSN or phone number. Can't see how the information here can be much use to anybody?!?

Unless he/she means it could be useful for trying to figure out when you're due your own vaccine? :rolleyes:

That's what I'm doing anyway. Currently predicting I'll get mine on 7th June :D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭ThreeGreens

muckisluck wrote: »
    And what age cohort are currently being vaccinated in the Lucan area?

That's a fair comment .
    From reading this thread it appears to be 50-52.

I think people in Drogheda would be right to complain if they are well behind the average age in terms of the group being vaccinated (I've no idea if that's the case or not).

I also think they would be right to complain if they have excessively long distances to travel to the nearest MVC.

But a blanked "Drogheda should have a MVC" isn't a fair complaint.
    Until local politicians pushed very hard for a vaccination centre in the area, residents would have to travel to Dundalk or Navan.
    This makes me wonder if a Drogheda centre was a political solution. "Put one there and shut up those politicians". But as a result Drogheda got a small centre and is proceeding slowly, while it might have went much faster if the population was left to travel to the bigger centres in Navan or Dundalk.

My basic point is that complaining that Drogheda is behind is a perfectly valid point (if true). But complaining that Drogheda doesn't have it's own mass centre isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

My basic point is that complaining that Drogheda is behind is a perfectly valid point (if true). But complaining that Drogheda doesn't have it's own mass centre isn't.

Drogheda is well and truly behind, and of 70k people in the Drogheda-EastMeath-Balbriggan area, those who needs vacciantion have to travel at least 30k to a vaccination center - And that is all so because so because "they" did not plan a MVC in Drogheda or anywhere near it.

Potato / Patayto. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭circadian

mioniqa wrote: »
    Unless he/she means it could be useful for trying to figure out when you're due your own vaccine? :rolleyes:

That's what I'm doing anyway. Currently predicting I'll get mine on 7th June :D

Ah yes, the good old rolling eyes emoji, for those times when you think someone is being a bit too paranoid when in reality you haven't actually thought about the information being posted in the thread.

I have no problem with people posting the information, but I'm making the point that they should be doing it knowing that there are a few possibilities of breach of privacy.

One would be, a regular user who posts elsewhere on the site and has now included their age, general location (and even possible whereabouts on a date in the future) and possibly gender. This along with other small tidbits of information they've posted over time could result in doxxing, at the least.

Another could well be used to perform a social engineering attack, the more information you provide the easier it is for this to happen.

Finally, the likes of Facebook/Google/Amazon/Microsoft etc etc track your internet behaviours via analytics, metrics on websites and cookies. Do they really need any more help on building a profile to bombard you with more bull****? Bear in mind, it doesn't even matter if you have an account on any of these services or not, they're still building that profile.

The internet is full of strange characters, I just try to encourage people to be more thoughtful of what information they freely post online.

Advertisement