Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

How is Dana Brooke still employed, she's patently awful. Not even any sign of improvement in how many years now? The handspring fail isn't even surprising

HOW is Raw so shockingly bad and Smackdown so far ahead of it?

Is it the writers? Is it the fact they have to go 3hrs so fill it with nonsense? Is it Vince?

I can't understand how they're so far apart in terms of quality.

Like how do you go from a polished main event in Reigns VS Bryan to the absolute sh1tfest that the entire 3hrs of Raw is now? I'm genuinely baffled.

I think I'm gonna follow ThePott and just drop Raw altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,925 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have to laugh at how awkward it seems to have to keep saying "wrestlemania Backlash" every time. It's like the one that had the Horror Show subtitle.

I would assume they won't get away with Eva Marie's gimmick from her last stint of avoiding matches through wardrobe malfunctions

• Registered Users Posts: 85,719 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    She's been training in secret for years under the apprenticeship of a cabal of Joshi legends.

But in all seriousness, she's 36. She isn't suddenly gonna get good now. So if she wrestles we'll see more of this...

tumblr_n43rpgkGsn1trnp1xo4_250.gif

Better to try her in a Scarlett, Zelina, Lana role. But she's so wooden even that will be a struggle.

I thought older :o are her mic skills poor? Is she gone from Total Divas? I barely remember

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I see Jinder is back with a new stable a takeaway from it is another 'tall guy'

Have to feel sorry for Jeff Hardy though

• Advertisement

If that's the match they're using to promote Raw, then it's not a good sign

Drew Vs. Bobby is the main event I assume

Also saw that New Day and RKBro are against AJ, Omos, Elias and Ryker

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Also saw that New Day and RKBro are against AJ, Omos, Elias and Ryker

Omos to dismantle Riddle like a rag doll :p then boom Randy hits an RKO on Omos (is that even possible with his height)

I assume RKBro will go for the Raw tag titles

Christ an episode of raw these days are like a dreaded chore

• Advertisement

6 women's tag match kicking off the show yawn

Alexa after Reg?

Jeff Hardy jobbing out to the Jinder Mahal and his new group

AJ Styles with a glouris goatee

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That bump from Sheamus and Carrillo looked nasty. The way Carrillo immediatly looked to the camera and those behind it to wave off the match looked bad. Hope its nothing major, but it looked bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That bump from Sheamus and Carrillo looked nasty. The way Carrillo immediatly looked to the camera and those behind it to wave off the match looked bad. Hope its nothing major, but it looked bad.

Here is the video in question for people who wanna see it: (a better slow-mo clip at 35 seconds in)

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1391930685536022534

Looks nasty.
    On one hand, it's Sheamus' fault. He is bumping on him. You can see his left arm move out for a bump as soon as he goes. Normally, you could say whats the problem? but it's a sunset. He barely waited for clearance (if any) and barely sailed back. Just worried about his own bump. That much is clear. Sheamus is so worried about his own fall here.

On the other hand, Sheamus would be a nutter to totally jump back and clip his neck/head off the announcers table. Carrillo should have had a better base. We've all seen sunsets to the outside. The guy giving jumps over and practically stands like he is giving a powerbomb.

Further problem is, even if Carrillo tried to do that would Sheamus have even given him time. Couldn't wait to take his bump. My takeaway is that Carrillo should have done it better but Sheamus was always gonna land on him. Sheamus could have been waiting on the apron that bit more and told him hook me tighter. Then go into it.

That's pretty unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Christ an episode of raw these days are like a dreaded chore

You're only coming to this conclusion now?

Nah when I saw the replay, it looked like Carrillo's left leg went, maybe even broke. Sheamus likely couldn't stop himself landing on the leg of Carrillo stopped controlling him.
    In my opinion

So first we get the Eva Marie return announcement and now Jinder is back. WWE pulling out all the stops. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Eva Marie's return and what looks to be her gimmick is just indicative of their problems; they want heat but it's the completely wrong sort of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Eva Marie's return and what looks to be her gimmick is just indicative of their problems; they want heat but it's the completely wrong sort of heat.

What's the right sort of heat? If people get the specific kind of heat they want then how is that the right heat if they are satisfied with it?

• Advertisement

Once again my age is showing with regard trying to understand terms used. Such as "We want the smoke" and now "drip" as in "Johnny Drip Drip"

Not sure if it's WWE or me that would be represented by this

giphy.gif

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jeff Hardy jobbing out to the Jinder Mahal and his new group

To think at one time Jeff was the most over face in WWE

I'm kinda liking RKBro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

J. Marston wrote: »
    What's the right sort of heat? If people get the specific kind of heat they want then how is that the right heat if they are satisfied with it?

Heat that makes you want to see the bad guy get his comeuppance. Heat that makes you tune in to see what will happen next.

Bad heat makes you tune out because you don't care.

Go away heat is completely different to actual heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Was thinking I hadn't seen much Fiend/Lily talk today, seems this little gem escaped me. Bliss using her magic powers to give Baszler leg cramp, great stuff!

https://twitter.com/SkullsMedia/status/1391913440260759557

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Was thinking I hadn't seen much Fiend/Lily talk today, seems this little gem escaped me. Bliss using her magic powers to give Baszler leg cramp, great stuff!

https://twitter.com/SkullsMedia/status/1391913440260759557

If she can do that then why is she not World Heavyweight Champion?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nah when I saw the replay, it looked like Carrillo's left leg went, maybe even broke. Sheamus likely couldn't stop himself landing on the leg of Carrillo stopped controlling him.
    In my opinion

So first we get the Eva Marie return announcement and now Jinder is back. WWE pulling out all the stops. :rolleyes:

It gets worse According to some of the usual Twitter heads Vince is pushing for Jinder to win the title and feud with Drew.

Jeff Hardy apparently done with wwe too so he was going out on his back.

TV deals coming up for renewal in India?

Then they can have Mansoor win the US Title. I'm sure Saudi Arabia would love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭ThePott

Was Mansoor even on Raw this week? It seems like he wasn't from what I've read.

Nope. Maybe he was meant to get involved in the match between Sheamus and Humberto.
    Speaking of, shouldn't the ref have checked on both guys before he did instead of counting?
    Seemed he was likely told in his earpiece to go check.

Looking quickly online, it looks like he's fine anyway.

• Advertisement

Any chance down the line Riddle will be the one to turn on Orton or will it be the evinatable Orton turn ?

Jeff must of pissed off someone backstage to be losing to Jindar but tbf this could be a semi decent run for him and his new stable. Vince loves his giants

It's hard to not see Drew in the title picture for another year. Braun ending raw strong means he's not winning Sunday

Advertisement