Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,799 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think you are correct, my bad. My point is still valid despite my inaccurate example.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Just read that Charlotte has had 6 title reigns last under 30 days and one of those was under 5 minutes.. when they make a huge deal over when she eventually over takes Rics record, it’ll be meaningless and as hollow as everything else in wwe..

imo, Charlotte is unbelievably over rated.. she can be great in ring however the character is so stale and painfully dull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,139 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They have really fucked up Kross but could be one of those 'you saw nothing' type things and he will redebut down the line. Jeff cheating to win was very odd

Great to see Keith Lee back, Goldberg vs Lashley meh i would of preferred Brock vs Lashley instead. Seems to be a bang of 1990s from this

Womens MITB always seems to be cashed in early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,393 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Glad she got to close out the show and enjoy her victory. Just reading through her twitter and the whole feed is just so positive.

She has the potential to be what Bayley could've been if they'd handled her right. Look at the wee girl in the last photo here

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1417544886727938056

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They cut out the moment where some guy tried to hug her and she just palmed him off. It was painful viewing.

Is it wrong that I found this comment I saw on twitter funny.

“Jeff Hardy just made the biggest mistake of his life”

Idk man we all seen victory road 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88,121 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Nikki now a full superhero champion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

These claims of piped in audience reactions has ruined my ability to tell what's a real audience reaction. :O They seemed mad for Drew.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm glad Lee is back... he can get over all the other stars now.

• Advertisement

Wasn't sure who would win the Lee/Kross match. Not because of talent but because both seem to be treated badly in the main roster, like Dijakovic.

What was with the Truth mic? And why do people coming for the 24/7 title always signal for everyone to follow? Shouldn't they want to be on their own?

Dunno who would win between Lilly and Eva Marie.

2 matches I thought were for the title turned out not to be when the challenger won.

Wonder if Natalya is injured or just twisted ankle somehow.

Was the Lashley match a triple threat or handicap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭ThePott

Well Raw is back to the usual tripe.

Sick of Charlotte, seems like no other champion or challenger can look better than her. Nikki seriously said, I nearly almost beat you. That's horrendous. I want this gimmick to work but they're already making her look a dork compared to Charlotte.

Lily vs Eva Marie is going to happen then I guess. I actually liked the Eva/Doudrop schtick and now it's been sidelined for the voodoo crap. Karrion Kross/Keith Lee, was dead. Keith Lee lost too. Makes it hard to care for either of these guys, they have no idea what to do with either of them. Embarassed for the likes of Mace and T-Bar. What even is their deal? That promo was awful too.

Sheamus match was alright as was the AJ/Omos match (no idea why they have them as heels) and Riddle JoMo was decent too. Got mild enjoyment out of the Miz's antics and Reginald, even if R-Truth being mic'd was odd. Also Reginald spent about 5 minutes getting a jacket off his face despite all his athleticism. Aside from that Raw is back to the usual dumpster fire.

I gave Raw 2 weeks with fans back to see what it would be like, thinking they might up their game with crowds in attendance again.

Just awful. The actual wrestling isn't bad but the show is just nonsensical and drags. I'll go back to not watching it like I have been doing the last few years.

i don’t understand the “best the champion to get a shot at the champion” thing they persist in doing

drew and jinder have legitimate history together and they’re building the feud around a prop sword and motor bike

everything with Charlotte is woeful and has been for years

Keith Lee loses again

The new champ Nikki loses also

Yeah Keith Lee must of pissed someone off backstage, feels odd having Kross appearing on Raw while still been NXT champ. I knw they done it briedly a couple of years ago having DIY and others appear on the main roster but just feels odd

Sheamus vs Damien Priest was a good match and so was Riddle vs Morrison

Suppose its nice having Drew out of the world title picture but its hard to care much about his feud with Jinder. The lawyer guy getting killed was great entertainment

Im hoping Bobby will not be fed to Goldberg at summerslam

Randy Orton is scheduled for next Monday’s RAW from the Allstate Arena near Chicago. Local advertising has Orton teaming with Riddle and Drew McIntyre against WWE Champion Bobby Lashley and RAW Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Omos, which is likely the dark main event.

Reckon those were placeholders from months ago if McIntyre is facing Lashley.

On Friday, WWE announced a new match for the next episode of Monday Night Raw via its website.

Matt Riddle will have a monster clash on the show as he will share the ring with Omos.

• Advertisement

I'd say they'll have to have their magic cheer/boo/mute button ready tonight. It's in Chicago so I could see some Punk chants or even chants for Wyatt.

Yes I expect Bray chants

Nikki needs to win clean tonight even if it is non title against Charlotte

Big Bill looking jacked tbf

Yep Goldberg jnr is getting attacked at some point in this fued

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Kross shat on again.. At least Keith Lee won haha

since the return of crowds, raw has somehow become even more unwatchable… what are we even watching? The piped in crowd noise is so lame and distracting

also, the reference to Simone Biles having a “nervous breakdown” is so distasteful but I really expect nothing less from this odious, toxic highly mean spirited organization. Don’t know anyone can sit through this show

I'm actually surprised Rhea hasn't cut more people open with the amount of metal she has exposed.

I thought "moist" was a word people didn't like. Though at the rate they're going I'm really beginning to dislike it, though not for the same reason

Piping in crowd noise without removing old commentary. They dont even care anymore. In Chicago of all places.

And casting an NXT guy to play Hook....I mean Goldberg Junior is hilarious 🤣😉

How can anyone still watch this garbage.

They piped in crowd noise for Drew but left in Michael Cole's commentary as well haha. Must have been from a Cena entrance if he's saying 16 time champion

• Advertisement

What we couldn't see was they were actually recording Smackdown at the same time just off camera and the audio was picked up from there. 🤔

Gonna try suck it up till Summerslam but it might be time to start skipping Raw again. This is dreadful and rather than working on it they're muting or sweetening the crowd sounds. There's not a single story on Raw that's interesting to me and even the stuff with potential is mishandled. Even if this show was two hours it would be terrible. Looked how long had passed and I was an hour and 15 minutes into it and it was dragging already, horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I honestly don't know if there's a word to describe what modern day WWE actually is. Like pro wrestling is the art of eliciting an emotional response from a live crowd, they've now got a live crowd back but they go above and beyond to mute or alter the actual crowd responses to their performers. Like TV tapings are dull things at the best of times but if your genuine responses are considered problematic and are not broadcast with canned heat being played instead I really don't know what the draw is for anyone to actually attend these TV tapings at all.

What makes it even more strange is that since 2006, around the time WWE acknowledged it had lost the ability to manipulate crowds to react in the way in which they wanted them to, they leaned into the negative crowd responses (bizarro world and all that) in order to sell ppv's and hype particular weekly shows taking place in areas where you know you're going to get a smark crowd. That they now run away from that post pandemic is only more confusing.

Amazing how Charlotte didn't inherit one scintilla of Ric's showmanship on the mic. She's so rambley.

I think it is his Son, I was just making a joke that he was like their counter reaction to Hook.

She’s abysmal on the mic. This is the most stale her character has been and that’s saying something. And the ma to he’s aren’t great either

Her response to the Becky chants followed by the smile reminded me she always does that. If she goes off script with a comment like that she always smiles/laughs as if she's proud of herself.

Ah right....I took a double take there because it would seem like something they would do alright. :P

Ah no, he just reminds me of Hook. Nothing more. I wouldnt put it past them. Id say Goldberg pushed for it hard.

• Advertisement

I'd love to see Goldberg jnr be attacked just to see Big Bills reaction

Think Gage is only 15 though so it's a no go for wwe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Goldberg has some contract. Guaranteed title match after title match. Even after losing his 2 title matches.

Goldberg doesn’t need to be in a title match the Can have him in a special attraction match if they insist on having Oldberg on the card.

I meant why would anyone even bother trying to get over in WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,032 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This new site is horrible and so user unfriendly for editing.

Distasteful? She's a villain. There's nothing wrong with the Simone Biles line. Tweet says it better than I can.

Max Caster has taken a few shots at Biles in his raps and it's funny dark humour. Let heels say mean things.

Did his spear connect with MVP, up close looked barely contact imho

Orton is back tonight

Oh yeah, Asuka's still there.

Is it cheating to fill the card in advance?

• Advertisement

Randy Orton back with a hipster beard

Really prefer him a heel and not a face but suppose its only a matter of time before he turns on Riddle

Advertisement