Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Good news coming our way tomorrow Wherers. Hospitality might be opened the end of May. There is no finer place than home when we can get out and about.
    Is it just for anyone vaccinated? I can see myself relaxing in a beer garden, getting pleasantly sloshed and singing Freedom.

I'm not even a George Michael fan, but needs must.

What's your favourite and I'll rustle it up :p

Sure anything once it's handed to me and you clean up!

Is it just for anyone vaccinated? I can see myself relaxing in a beer garden, getting pleasantly sloshed and singing Freedom.

I'm not even a George Michael fan, but needs must.

I hope its for us all Leg. There hasn't been mention of it being for vaccinated only. Shure the craic would be wasted on auld wans of 90

:pac:

Good news coming our way tomorrow Wherers. Hospitality might be opened the end of May. There is no finer place than home when we can get out and about.

One of the simple pleasures of life reinstated. And nothing the dour armchair generals can do about it. Almost surreal to feel genuinely optimistic after a year in the doldrums, jaunty spring in the step this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭thomil

Kitchenside as well here. Hoping that the change in "scenery" will get my writing juices going.

I tell ya, I really miss those "writing dates" I did before the pandemic. Just me, my laptop and headphones, and a cafe. I usually had a blog article done by the end of it.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Happy Christmas everybody!

Think its probably outdoor only for drinks/food if it happens so anywhere with little outdoor seating areas will be packed.
    I will walk down the town carrying a chair from home with me if needs be :pac:

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas everybody!

Think its probably outdoor only for drinks/food if it happens so anywhere with little outdoor seating areas will be packed.
    I will walk down the town carrying a chair from home with me if needs be :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My good news is that the Day Centre thinks it's opening up at the end of June/beginning of July. I'll be heading onto town with my chair to have a cappuccino, in a cappuccino cup, with humans around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Up with the birds this morning and a surprisingly nice enough day weather wise. We did the weekly shop today in Aldi and Tesco for basics, treats and special offers. The booze deals were top notch so we decided to stock up as this MUP baloney could put a halt to the fun.:D Broke now after that and the usual bills. But we have all we need from a dairy milk to a steak.:D

Suppin a €1 can of Heineken and watching the ascent of Carrauntoohil in Kerry. I've done it twice, but honestly wouldn't be able for it these days. I'd probably stop at the base of the devils ladder, crack open a beer and then back to the car park.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Whether it happens is a different matter... but hairdressers, barbers & beauty salons have been put forward for reopening next Tues...

• Advertisement

Whether it happens is a different matter... but hairdressers, barbers & beauty salons have been put forward for reopening next Tues...

There is a God!

There is a God!

When my hairdresser sees this witchypoo wig, she'll beg to differ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Off to redwood forest and Pacific beach walk-a-bout this weekend.

Fathom wrote: »
    Off to redwood forest and Pacific beach walk-a-bout this weekend.

That sounds fantastic. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Sunny with white poofy clouds predicted for the coastline. Shorts, T, ball cap, and bare feet weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couchside with Oh watching comedy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) My lovely holiday is coming to an end :( sad day for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I just shaved off all of my hair because I can't do haircuts. I look like an egg! :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I had pints in a pint glass and served by a barman on Sunday night. And a big old steak that was cooked by someone else. But it was room service and hardly even wheted my need for a proper night out with my buddies.

Roll on the summer of freedom and fun, good times around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭thomil

kowloon wrote: »
    I just shaved off all of my hair because I can't do haircuts. I look like an egg! :-/

More of a bowling ball over here, so I feel your pain :o :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting down with a mug of coffee and a turkey sandwich.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have designer stubble on my noggin currently ;)

My poor wig needs to be cut too :D

My latest selfie:

Oh Sardi I’m sorry but I laughed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My hair is fine. Bought a shaver/clippers last year and Mrs G and I get a laugh from it.The only thing I miss is regular work. I couldn't give a fiddlers fook about eating out or pub pints. Been there. done that to the ultimate. All I want for Christmas is a steady Gig.:D

Different colours but difficult works too!

Different colours but difficult works too!

The owl on your pjs is even giving the side eye! :D

That's that now. A quick glimpse and gone as fast as she appeared :p

• Advertisement

The owl on your pjs is even giving the side eye! :D

I'm sure the gentlemen of Boards would have expected me to be clad in silk and lace :p

Advertisement