Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feck that'll be geo blocked for me but I'll check a few places

Exhausted today. Time for a bite and a relax not that I've been up early 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Absolutely hate working nights, but on the bright side it means lots of dog time and no hotel time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Despite working a bunch of days since role change I'm still much, much better working at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Massive clean up operation on in my house, plastering and riping up tiles leaves some amount of dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Dentist appointment over thank God.

Having a coffee to celebrate.

• Advertisement

• 😎🥳

Almost thought there were bits of like a strawberry compote on the bottom one, kind of intriguing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

looking at the posts above and feeling hungry. Maybe more for the Trivully thread 🫤😧😐

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭thomil

Oh Clementine Mushy Sun, you'll have to take cover from all of those plates sliding your way. Those things look divine!😋😋

Deskside here. Two more ours to go, but ready to go home already…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

The gremleclaire perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

@[Deleted User] Croquembouche next?

😋

• Registered Users Posts: 13,115 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm not a big confectionery person but éclairs would be a classic favourite 😍

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Was at a funeral this afternoon of a 50 year old lady following a a very hard fought battle with cancer.

One wonders how life can be so horribly cruel

Actually she met her husband on boards

• I’ll need a few days off for that project I think 🤣 something to try out whenever I can get holidays 🤣

Next thing I wanna make is sticky toffee pudding I think 🤔

• have to agree there’s something about the eclair that just hits different 😎 cream puffs are lovely as well actually 🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Clementine Mushy Sun…. all those photos of your culinary creations are just making me salivate with hunger, and I’m more of a savoury than a sweets person myself! 😁😋😋

Chilling sofaside here, been busy with work-related emails and marking an endless stack of student assignments the past couple of days, looking forward to a few days of complete nada over Easter and hopefully a trip up to see my dear uncle and aunt in the North next week. 🐣 🐣 🐰 🌈

still up watching telly . It’s too late to take my nighttime tablets so I’m wondering whether to go to bed or stay awake as long as I can and head out for breakfast. It doesn’t help that birds are chirping outside .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭4Ad

On the right seat, in the right carriage on the right train.

Just one thing, wrong date on my ticket !!

Faro to Lisbon..

Luckily I realised in time and went to the conductor and I just have to change seat...

Shamer..

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

This weekend's entertainment, Bob will help, naturally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just been out and got some sun before the rain comes. Going to have an instant cappuccino here and try and chill.

Deskside here. Good Friday is a public holiday in the regions that I cover, so I'm just getting caught up on some paperwork and taking it easy. Also, made the mistake of checking out the Grumpy Baker here in Cork on the way to work this morning. I felt like a kid in a candy shop…

Jeebus it's quiet here, I'm not about to help either, some cooking and bed planned in the near future

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Quiet enough day here today, OH not in great form and taken to bed so looking after him.

Very, very angry over Virgin Media’s customer service. 🤬

Their monthly charge for broadband and TV is very high now, topping €100 per month after big increases since 2022 and we are trying to switch to another provider but it seems that we can only get Virgin for the broadband in our location despite being located in inner suburban Dublin. WTF?? 😕😬

We have had Virgin for TV and broadband for many years now and they were okay until recently but the escalating prices and aspects of their TV service were making us unhappy so we looked to move over (I know Eir is supposedly awful) to Sky or Vodafone but Virgin were making it very awkward since late November last despite engaging with them nicely a number of times to no avail on the issue over finishing with them and switching so we had enough and cancelled our direct debit in early Feb.

Now Virgin have cut us off (not unexpected) and are demanding the full payment immediately of the outstanding balance to reconnect us (plus reconnection fee) and a phone call today to their alleged customer service support somewhere in India was very infuriating as they simply demanded the full amount to be paid immediately to reconnect us or legal action would be taken (an obvious threat). The poor chap, being paid a pittance in their customer service got an earful from a very angry me about how we’d been loyal customers for many years and this was the way we were rewarded? I told him that I know he was only doing his job but I was furious with Virgin and was going to report them to ComReg and the Ombudsman (which I will) and would not acquiesce to their utter inflexibility and demands on this matter.

ATM I’m using my mobile phone (with 3) hotspot to access the web here at home and we have no TV - but more importantly no broadband which I must have for my work from my home office.

Rant over. Anyone else have any issues with Virgin media’s appalling and frankly despicable treatment of their “customers?”

• jk, if you want your service I’m afraid you will have to pay!
    Virgin used to be willing to be flexible with customers and I know myself if I was late paying the bill they’d give me an extra few days or whatever if I was waiting to get paid without cutting you off and if they had already they’d reconnect you, but not these days!

I remember an incident where there was a dispute about a bill (I was in the right) and their credit management department happily resumed service while it was investigated (took about 8 days all told) going back maybe 5-6 years now.

Signed up two years ago at our new place shortly after we moved and because someone here before us had not paid their bill they cancelled our service without warning and refused to connect again until I gave more personal information than any telecommunications company has a business to request. I’m talking lease agreements, passports etc. unbelievable craic!

I refused to provide them because frankly it’s none of their business to ask for that info and I wasn’t comfortable who was going to be looking at it frankly. Long story short, we had to switch to sky and spent 3 weeks without broadband.

I would say your best bet is pay the bill because you’re not getting the broadband back without it. I’m actually really surprised to hear that you can’t get Eir or Sky/Vodafone broadband where you live if in Dublin!

I am with Blacknight at the moment and despite being a touch more expensive than most others they have been flawless. 6 months with them and I’ve never so much as had to look at the router, no drops or anything.

Honestly they could close their customer services tomorrow and it wouldn’t bother me. Never needed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I had virgin in Dublin 7, near you Jupiter, was great for years but just got too expensive though. I did get eir then, no issues with it at all. I was just off the navan rd

Can’t help with regards to Virgin here, I’ve been with Eir since I moved here back in 2012. Not the best provider, but it’s worked out for me overall.

Homeside now, dead tired here. Thank goodness for that long weeekend!

trying to watch LaLa Land for the 3rd time. I didn’t make it through the other 2 but it won Oscars so it must be good ? Googling the storyline helps but doesn’t say much about the film

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Very tired. So is Ms G whoo is serving her time and playing a blinder. One more day and then it's beer and Easter Eggs!

• Advertisement

Jupiter I think you might have to get on to comreg though maybe don't mention withholding payment.

Advertisement