Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sitting in work with bugger all to do. It's fallen off a cliff over the last few days. I was so bored that I started to read a copy of The Westmeath Topic that someone here had been reading.

Fookin hell, you just never know in life do you... It turns out all of us have been seriously missing out on one of life's hidden gems, The Westmeath Topic is where it's at people!!!

If over the past year you've been feeling somewhat under the weather or a bit down or so bored that you contemplated chewing your own toe nails....only to discover you can't reach that far coz yer getting on a bit and stuff.... Well look no further, The Westmeath Topic is the answer!!!

No sooner had I picked it up than I spotted a wonderful article on page-4. They floated the ultimate question and heading as follows:
    "Will Mullingar Ever Play Host To Another All Ireland Fleadh"?
    And there you have it! The very question you've all been pondering this past year. Oh and they didn't just ask this titillating thought provoking question, they went on to answer it over several paragraphs and didn't pull any punches!!!

And before people start asking me, No you cannot borrow my copy. This one's a keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hope you are feeling better. Probably no harm getting blood sugar and blood pressure checked out....I think some chemists do blood pressure testing.

I've actually got a syphg here for Grumpy. I might wrap the cuff round me arm and take a reading if the batteries haven't died. Honestly, I think it's the dyspraxia. If I dont stay in bed at least 30mins after I wake up my coordination is schite. It's like I'm completely pissed. Had a very disrupted sleep last night and for some reason my fine tuning didnt kick in. No harm checking the BP, though.

There's space on my couch...and it reclines... icepacks at the ready :)

You're determined your foot will drop off, aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You're determined your foot will drop off, aren't you?

Not much I can do.. swelling has to go down before an x-ray...rest, ice and elevation..and watching Brooklyn 99 from.the start :)

Not much I can do.. swelling has to go down before an x-ray...rest, ice and elevation..and watching Brooklyn 99 from.the start :)

It really doesn't, you know. But it's up to you.

• Advertisement

It really doesn't, you know. But it's up to you.

Oh alright sarkicat :D

Oh alright sarkicat :D

At this stage, if the swelling hasn't gone down with constant elevation and ice you need to get it seen.

At this stage, if the swelling hasn't gone down with constant elevation and ice you need to get it seen.

Ah I have had it looked at, someone called to me ....if you go to hospital I'll follow ;)

Ah I have had it looked at, someone called to me ....if you go to hospital I'll follow ;)

"Someone" with x ray eyes and a medical degree? I dont need to go to hospital. I need new wiring and they cant fix that.

"Someone" with x ray eyes and a medical degree? I dont need to go to hospital. I need new wiring and they cant fix that.

You do know at our advanced age, the more you nag, the harder I resist :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back home after surprise back xrays, try squeeze in some sleep before work.. The way this thread is today we could have an episode of House, or, failing that, ER!.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sardi and In between we will chauffeur you both to A&E and get you both checked out :)

NewRed The question I ask you When will they hold another fleadh :D

Good to see you back Deja :)

You do know at our advanced age, the more you nag, the harder I resist :D

You win. Your prize is a banjaxed leg. Congratulations!

You win. Your prize is a banjaxed leg. Congratulations!

Look at us.... we're like an old married couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Poochie05

New Red don't leave us in suspense! And... will they?

Look at us.... we're like an old married couple!

In yer dreams!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Back home after surprise back xrays, try squeeze in some sleep before work.. The way this thread is today we could have an episode of House, or, failing that, ER!.

I would get HOUSE, he solved everyone’s problems. :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Sardi and In between we will chauffeur you both to A&E and get you both checked out :)

Good to see you back Deja :)

She'll probably kick me in the foot :D

We're a long way from 50 Shades of Grey anyway, the only shenanigans these days involve ice packs or hot water bottles, where did it all go wrong. ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

We're a long way from 50 Shades of Grey anyway, the only shenanigans these days involve ice packs or hot water bottles, where did it all go wrong. ðŸ™

Well it's all your fault ....I don't know what you did but Ted and Seph have been missing for weeks* :D

*Apart from the birthday pop in!!!

• Advertisement

Well it's all your fault ....I don't know what you did but Ted and Seph have been missing for weeks* :D

I think Duvet has them kidnapped and hidden in her dungeons :D She lets them out for a bit of fresh air every now and then :D

I may keep a closer eye on my cameras :D

I know, I should probably release them more often but they needed the discipline, that plate sliding was getting out of hand. 😛

Feck it, Auto has me sussed. ☺️

She'll probably kick me in the foot :D

Yeah, your good one

The Rancheros arrived. Feeling better already.

The Rancheros arrived. Feeling better already.

Don’t know what Rancheros is but Plate sliding your way :D

Don’t know what Rancheros is but Plate sliding your way :D

Bacon flavour puff crisp. Divine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, working away - busy busy!

Looks like the weather has turned today - I know people aren’t keen, but after an exceptionally dry April, we actually really need rain. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Had my vaccine this morning. Very efficient and respectful in City West

The good people doing the vaccinations looked rather sheepish as they established that we were not pregnant, had to be asked even though we were all the wrong side of 65!!

Lots of carpark spaces and all done within a half hour.

I think later appointments may expect some delay but the morning was run like clockwork.

Using it as an excuse to take it easy for next few days, the house can look after itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Poochie05 wrote: »
    New Red don't leave us in suspense! And... will they?

The article says in the long term YES but in the short term it's a case of "white might have been" and obviously there is a lot of competition.... A lot!!! Fookin tonnes I'd say :D

I will be buying the Topic every month from now on so I'll keep you lot updated, we could maybe get a petition going as well!

It was the most compelling read of a newspaper article since that time I was reading a tabloid sports section and they were complaining about a commentator who was doing the match commentary on a soccer match involving Japan when he said "they appear to have spotted a chink in the Japanese defence".

Not a patch on Mullingar's quest for the Fleadh though. Not a patch!!!

I'll whack up the link to the petition when I have it done. This sh!ts gonna get heavy.

I was thinking maybe a slogan too. Something like "Are we gonna give up? Nahh! Coz we want our fleadh"
    (in a good strong country accent if possible)

• Advertisement

Ah here how am I supposed to wait a month for an update :(. Now I have no Fleadh to look forward too during the summer :D

Advertisement