Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

Degag wrote: »
    I don't know. I am guessing being CMO of a country during a global pandemic, presumably working extremely long hours, 6-7 days a week for over a year, while his wife was dying, and then died while listening to vitriol from parasitic cretins on the internet...... may not be that easy..... ya know?

If it really has been that stressful why does he keep coming back for more?

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Corcaigh84 wrote: »
    Not sure if already mentioned but my buddy who owns a golf course told me it's opening for members only on Monday coming.

Tennis is back also on Monday 26th right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Holohans return is so disheartening after beginning to ease restrictions meaningfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

I don't know. I am guessing being CMO of a country during a global pandemic, presumably working extremely long hours, 6-7 days a week for over a year, while his wife was dying, and then died while listening to vitriol from parasitic cretins on the internet...... may not be that easy..... ya know?

Hope he reads this bro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

walus wrote: »

He has 16,000 reasons every month to come back. Kinda clashes with the hagiography the spit on me tony crew are writing for him

• Advertisement

ypres5 wrote: »
    He has 16,000 reasons every month to come back. Kinda clashes with the hagiography the spit on me tony crew are writing for him

He comes back because he enjoys the job. Stress is not a deterrent.

Christ this place is full of loons

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He comes back because he enjoys the job. Stress is not a deterrent.

I doubt he has enjoyed the last year and a bit that much. Nobody has. But maybe he likes the job during normal times so he doesn’t want to quit. He is a few years off retirement age yet. Might also distract him from the fact that his wife is no longer around.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Christ this place is full of loons

You don't need to post here so. Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I heard Tony holohan is behind the super league.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

is it really true Tony is back? sshhit thats the good times over so....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

If that's your attitude then why does anyone do anything?

Some jobs are difficult and someone has to do them.

St Tony sure has a loyal following on here

I just choose to look at things with an open mind and not through blinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So next week they will be announcing what will open in May.
    Leo speculates non essential and all construction can restart if nphet agree basically.
    This should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bear1 wrote: »
    So next week they will be announcing what will open in May.
    Leo speculates non essential and all construction can restart if nphet agree basically.
    This should be good.

NPHET getting the final say in everything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I don't think the return of Tony definitely means what everyone thinks it does.

While he wanted to be the one making the big decision by putting us in perpetual lockdown, he'll also want to be the one releasing us.

I've long thought that we won't come out of level 5 until he returns and can take the credit himself.

I don't know if the man is a narcissist or an egomaniac, but if his return does coincide with a significant relaxation of restrictions, it would certainly point to it.

Jesus. This place - Tony's back, we'll stay in Level 5 now, just wait and see. Also this place - Tony's back, we'll come out of Level 5 now so that he can take credit. FFS.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It’s hard to know if we’re coming or going with Tony back

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

Penfailed wrote: »
    Jesus. This place - Tony's back, we'll stay in Level 5 now, just wait and see. Also this place - Tony's back, we'll come out of Level 5 now so that he can take credit. FFS.

Yeah its highly unusual on a forum to have posters with differing opinions. Suggest you try something like twitter. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    NPHET getting the final say in everything

Not really though.

Sobit1964 wrote: »
    Yeah its highly unusual on a forum to have posters with differing opinions. Suggest you try something like twitter. :rolleyes:

The point is, both versions are from people that appear to have an irrational dislike of a fella who's just doing his job...so, same opinion, different outcome. Twitter is great BTW.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

As a relatively young, very healthy person, please give me one reason I should take this rushed, very questionable vaccine. Because I can think of way more reasons that I shouldn't take it...

But the government blackmail attempts are a problem travel passports etc

Idbatterim wrote: »
    As a relatively young, very healthy person, please give me one reason I should take this rushed, very questionable vaccine. Because I can think of way more reasons that I shouldn't take it...

I'm sure there's a vaccine thread for that kind of question.

Because it may help you not transmit the virus to someone other than yourself who may be very vulnerable to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Because it may help you not transmit the virus to someone other than yourself who may be very vulnerable to it.

What vulnerable can’t take the vaccine themselves?

I’ve not heard yet of anyone not actually taking the vaccine due to underlying conditions

If you feel coerced into doing something, you probably are. Don’t do it if you are not afraid to be ostracised. Short term it may be painful, but you will learn that it is really long term that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

I’ve not heard yet of anyone not actually taking the vaccine due to underlying conditions

When you hear about pregnant women and people in palliative care taking their jabs, I get a sense of wtf - but hey their choice. Am I supposed to now worry about the people who are both vulnerable AND anti-vax?

I'm a bit past caring for every overweight loudmouthed boomer in existence, is there a line somewhere?

I believe there are some people who can't take the vaccine for some medical reason.

In any case it is up to each individual whether he or she takes the vaccine or not. The overwhelming consensus is that they should however.

I think that not taking it because of a worry about it being "questionable" is questionable in it's own right however as i think the risk of any significant side effects are extremely low.

Each to their own but people taking vaccines are our way out of this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

True. I read and heard people with ME and autoimmune issues say they can't take the vaccine but all the medical opinion is that patients with autoimmune diseases are far safer getting the Covid vaccine than not.

I know a couple of people who have convinced themselves that they can't take the vaccine without ever discussing it with their doctors. It's not that they don't want to but they are genuinely convinced they can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Doctors getting e78 for each jab....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Doctors getting e78 for each jab....

Why post fake news?

"Vaccination centres
    Under the new deal, GPs and pharmacists will be paid €25 for administering each dose of the vaccine in their surgeries or in centres in their localities. An additional single €10 processing fee will be paid per patient. For a two-dose vaccine, such as that being produced by AstraZeneca, the total paid will be €60.

If a single-dose vaccine is subsequently approved, the total paid to GPs will be €35.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/nearly-500-000-people-over-70-to-receive-covid-vaccine-from-their-gp-1.4462427

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement