Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahhhh ffs

200w.gif?cid=82a1493betd3p57fdfusurqkziini1rdfblp7gfo7ckepy20&rid=200w.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Necro wrote: »
    On the bright side I think I'm in love with Casiopea, so there is that.

Seph’s original….

That is indeed a silver lining :D:D

Have a listen to my favorite track by them sometime necro

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 16th place with 13 points

Speckle

Chris Isaak – Wicked Game

Mostly familiar with this from Friends which is where I heard it first. I know it’s a classic but I’ve always find it slightly whiny if I’m honest. A bit more on the depressing side than I’d like too, so here is about right for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

In 16th place with 13 points

Speckle

Chris Isaak – Wicked Game

Mostly familiar with this from Friends which is where I heard it first. I know it’s a classic but I’ve always find it slightly whiny if I’m honest. A bit more on the depressing side than I’d like too, so here is about right for it.

Love this song!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 15th place with 14 points

Ari101

Jack L – Lost in Limbo

This guy’s voice is incredible. I’d love him to sing me to sleep, in fact he did a few times this week :) Really enjoyed this song, it’s a little loud for a chilled Saturday, but lookit – I spent a whole hour the week before last listening to Rick Astley’s Never Gonna Give You Up on loop so I can’t really knock points off for that :pac:

• Advertisement

In 14th place with 15 points

fixXxer

Stephen Barton – Apex Legends Main Theme

An… interesting entry. Someone trying to not so subtly get me to play Apex Legends maybe? Really like the theme, it’s a tad repetitive though on repeated listens so here seems about the right spot for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

In 20th place with 9 points

Rikand

Mansun – Wide Open Space

great tune Rikand. prefare this version though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,408 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In 18th place with 11 points

Kolido

Frankie Goes To Hollywood – The Power of Love

I’m not gone on this song, there I said it. I know – sacrilege right? That being said it does capture exactly what I’m looking for here in this round. AND…. I will admit, it’s growing on me with each listen.

I do like this song but it reminds me of Christmas

In 13th place with 16 points

Kitten_k

Massive Attack – Teardrop

I know everyone goes a bit cuckoo for this track in the tournaments but I must admit I never felt that with this song, so I was intrigued getting it submitted to a Walrus so I could give it a proper lash. I think my problem with the song is that the beat promises something the song never really delivers, a crashing finale. I think it deserves a bit more ‘oomph’ injected into it, but hey what would I know. Anyways, it’s fine *insert Ross Geller gif* definitely suited to the category, and overall mid table is sort of perfect for it from my own perspective.

cf9b61aa24325302e080fb4336d8fc4b.gif

In 12th place with 17 points

JohnGreenFan

Tolu Makay & RTE Orchestra – N17

I absolutely adore the Saw Doctors and the original would have done excellently in the previous round – I love how this is stripped back and focuses on the lyrics though, very very enjoyable version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I do love Teardrop, but agree it's a bit overrated. That said, it's probably in the top five songs on that album ;) (because Massive Attack really are brilliant!)

In 11th Place with 18 points

JP Liz V1

Tina Turner – What’s Love Got To Do With It

Ah a nice mellow classic, I do like me some Tina. While I’d prefer stuff like Proud Mary and Simply The Best, this was the correct choice for this category. Much more understated and one I would definitely put onto a playlist for my lazy Saturdays.

Stepping up next into our

ZpCAV7.gif

In 10th place with 19 points

Irish Aris

Call Back – Paper Lions

Such a happy track, really enjoyed this one. Just sitting here clicking my fingers thinking about the chorus now. Another one I haven’t heard before but is going onto my Spotify regular list once I detangle myself from this Walrus :P

That's not from the 80s, can't be Aris :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

In 14th place with 15 points

fixXxer

Stephen Barton – Apex Legends Main Theme

An… interesting entry. Someone trying to not so subtly get me to play Apex Legends maybe? Really like the theme, it’s a tad repetitive though on repeated listens so here seems about the right spot for it.

:D

my kid wanted me to enter the Halo theme song into a religious/spiritual category for Rikand's walrus i think it was.

I overruled and sent something else though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Catchy song Irish Aris, I'd never heard it til now !

In 9th Place with 20 points

Mustang shelly

KT Tunstall – Journey

This is right up my alley in terms of what I would have in regular rotation. Haven’t heard much from KT, but am planning to take a deep dive once this is over. Nice choice.

my kid wanted me to enter the Halo theme song into a religious/spiritual category for Rikand's walrus i think it was.
    tenor.gif

This is right up my alley in terms of what I would have in regular rotation. Haven’t heard much from KT, but am planning to take a deep dive once this is over. Nice choice.
    Nice. KT's debut album, in particular, is brilliant

• Advertisement

In 8th place with 21 points

Barney92

Leslie Odom Jr. – Wait For It (feat. Hamilton Cast)

I’ve got a feeling there’s an underlying theme to Barney’s entries :P This is just fantastic, I love his voice, the various pitches and tones he is able to produce is incredible. Yeah this production is absolutely right up my alley.

In 7th place with 22 points

KathleenGrant

Canon’s Pachelbel in D

Love this, it reminds me of the instrumental piece the band played on the deck of the Titanic in that movie... Lusitania was it? :pac: Easily the most heartbreaking part of the movie.

Definitely would throw this on to relax on a Saturday evening. Clever choice, because it’s very different from a lot of the others too which makes it stand out a bit more.

Okay it's clearly not the same, but it's kind of similar...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,408 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Tina Turner biopic film is awesome too, highly recommend and Angela Bassett is just ageless

Canon’s Pachelbel in D

great choice Kathleen

In 6th place with 23 points

Barna77

The Steve Miller Band – Joker

Did Shaggy steal the beginning part of this for It Wasn’t Me? Seems similar anyways. Love this song, it was very close to going into the top three but on the last few listens familiarity dropped this one down a couple of places. Still class though.

In 5th place with 24 points

Electric Nitwit

Bloc Party – Sunday

Tempted to deduct points for trolling :P Nah seriously this is just a great track, one I hadn’t heard before and from the first listen I just really enjoyed it. The chorus just brings it home and solidifies it here for me. There may be hope for me yet EN ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

That's not from the 80s, can't be Aris :D

I'm full of surprises EN!!!! :cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bottom 3 here I come! :pac:

Tempted to deduct points for trolling :P Nah seriously this is just a great track, one I hadn’t heard before and from the first listen I just really enjoyed it. The chorus just brings it home and solidifies it here for me. There may be hope for me yet EN ;)
    Whoo-hoo! :D
    Ha ha, I'm not sure aligning with my tastes is necessarily cause for hope, but I'm delighted you liked it. It is the perfect song for the day after, especially if the night before was Pendulum :p
    Heavy night, it was a heavy night
    Feels like we've come back from the dead
    Heavy night, it was a heavy night
    I cannot remember what I said to anyone

If we get up now, we can catch the afternoon
    Watch the under-15's playing football in the park
    Let's sleep in St. Leonard's on this alcoholic day
    We're doing the best with what we've got

I love you in the morning
    When you're still hungover
    When you're still strung out

It's from A Weekend In The City which is a cracking album, start to finish

• Advertisement

In 4th place with 25 points

Sawduck

Elbow – One Day Like This

This was submitted in my very first Walrus which I co-judged with Stu Redman, and here’s what I said at the time:

For some reason I just couldn't click with this song. I wanted to like it, and there were moments when I thought, yeah this is decent but then I'd put it on again and the same doubts about it would surface.

I’d like to retract that statement cos boy did it click this time around, it’s absolutely perfect for this category, and only a trio of stubborn songs above it kept it from a full redemption. Feel bad for scoring it so low the last time out, but hey ho better late than never, right? :P

Advertisement