Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options
  • 01-04-2021 4:45pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone and welcome to one of the biggest Walruses of all time... well entrants wise anyways.

28 of you souls have sent me on music to be judged and ranked in order of my own preference this bank holiday weekend.

Over the next 4 days (ok so maybe this isn't so 'Quickfire' - I ADMIT IT EN!!) we will run through the categories and hopefully it will be a nice distraction from well... not being able to do anything else really at the moment.

giphy.gif

So our four categories were as follows:

1. Good Friday Feeling - Strutting out of work without a care in the world with a weekend ahead of me - send me on a track that gives you that Friday Feeling!!

2. Slow Saturday - Saturday is the day I always earmark for chilling out and taking it easy. Some nice relaxing music to set the tone is in order here, be that a croony love song or an anthem of power...

3. Easter Sunday - Simple enough, give me an Easter themed song! Be that a song about eggs, chocolate or even something religious that you really like!

4. Manic Monday - We all get the Monday Blues at times - particularly on a bank holiday weekend with the fear of work looming on the horizon on Tuesday morning. Send me on an entry that will cure my Monday-itis, something to get my blood pumping and chase those blues away!

It all kicks off tomorrow in the early afternoon with that GOOD FRIDAY FEELING!!

So get comfy, feel free to chat away about whatever you like and I'll be with you all very very soon ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Here's our list of entrants for this Walrus Eggstravangaza

ShaneU
    Spook_ie
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    cee_jay
    Trigger
    Hillbilly4
    bubblypop
    Sawduck
    SineadSpears
    Kolido
    mustang shelly
    Mam of 4
    kitten_k
    Sephiroth_dude
    ari101
    JP Liz V1
    BuileBeag
    Barna77
    Electric Nitwit
    JohnGreenFan
    Hello 2D Person Below
    KathleenGrant
    fixXxer
    Rikand
    Barney92
    speckle

And of course...

Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I have a good Friday feeling that I will get off to a good start!!
    It will be downhill from there :D - hoping to reduce the damage with my Monday selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm so Eggcited :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    (ok so maybe this isn't so 'Quickfire' - I ADMIT IT EN!!)
    giphy.gif
    :D

Fair play getting through them all though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Footage of Necro listening to all those Friday CHOONS!!!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Damn it, it is only Thursday, feckin' long weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm so Eggcited :p

I just ate Mini Eggs delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

My first ever Walrus. Am kinda thinking I played it too safe/straight but really looking forward to hearing everybody else's contributions anyhow :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Good Friday Feeling

So we all have felt it, that moment when you get up from your office chair (or various other forms of work) and strut to your car/jet/hovercraft/Luas heading home for the weekend. Here’s a few tracks that give me that feeling…..

Bit of variance up there ;)

Welcome to our new players, and of course our Walrus veterans, great to have you all on board. As always, don’t fret too much about your placement, it’s only my opinion – and everyone else says that’s sh1te so it’s probably not too bad of a thing if you don’t do well :P

See you all in the afternoon for the reveal of your entries to that Good Friday Feeling :D

Wow, haven't heard Freestyler for years! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In work and ready.

BRING ME YOUR BAD CHOICES

giphy.gif

Funnily enough neither had I, but when I was throwing together what I'd select if I was entering it was one of the first that came to mind for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Brilliant tune. Used to listen to it regularly but not heard it in a while now, going back on my daily playlist.

In other news, doesn't look good for my Friday pick!

Kolido wrote: »
    In other news, doesn't look good for my Friday pick!
    Whereas I now feel better about mine!

This afternoon, on this small corner of the internet, on forum games, we're going to rock civilisation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I really have no expectations of doing well in this. My excuse wlll be I am new and didn't know what to expect. I will just sit back and be judgemental about the rest of you and be surprised you didn't choose better.
    (Pretty much like Necro)

I really have no expectations of doing well in this. My excuse wlll be I am new and didn't know what to expect. I will just sit back and be judgemental about the rest of you and be surprised you didn't choose better.
    (Pretty much like Necro)
    No, you've misunderstood, we're not here to judge each other, we're all here to judge Necro ;)

No, you've misunderstood, we're not here to judge each other, we're all here to judge Necro ;)

Ah! Well that makes it even more fun.
    If I had known that I would have changed my picks.

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Whereas I now feel better about mine!

This afternoon, on this small corner of the internet, on forum games, we're going to rock civilisation :D

I dunno how I feel. I originally had Shake It Off as my nomination, but changed it last minute before I entered!

cee_jay wrote: »
    I dunno how I feel. I originally had Shake It Off as my nomination, but changed it last minute before I entered!

:D Wonder how your actual entry will go... you weren't alone in last minute changes of course

AMIRITE Seph :pac:

tumblr_p6drcc5eYW1qma04ro4_540.gifv

• Advertisement

Kicking off at 2pm folks, got write ups done a bit earlier than I expected ;)

Couple of thoughts before we get going.....

Loved this round. Pretty much all songs were great, so it became a very difficult round in terms of ranking, and I just had to go on which suited the category that little bit better in my own humble opinion.

I would say this is my favourite round of Walrus category I've judged on personally... though currently Sunday's showing is giving it a run for it's money in that regard too - but more on that later.

Also....

Just the single duplicate in this round – actually in the entire game, so well done all!!

Which means I had to listen and rank.... 111 songs across the four categories!!!!!

So are y'all ready for that Good Friday Feeling??

fa1f4559820ea755d12c32e2d7b91f5c.gif

See you all at 2pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Let's hop to it Necs :pac:

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47romjy7l9zhnm1kml026qf56l13i7fc78eykles9r&rid=giphy.gif

Ok so some Walruses start somewhere in the middle and go in alternating order.... I do things a little differently.

In this one we're going straight up the table from 25th place to 4th, leaving the top and bottom 3 positions to sweat it out as is custom :D

It's quite early....eyes up bottle of wine...is it too early?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

It's after midday, I'm sure it is happy hour somewhere Kathleen!

200w.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

funny-kids-drawings-reveal-parent-secrets-fb25.png
    :pac:

Right, let's get going shall we?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

In 25th place with 5 points

Ari101

M People – Renaissance

It’s not that this is a bad track, quite the opposite, I really enjoyed it. This round was really tough to rank because so many of the tracks were absolutely on point with the theme, and brilliant tracks to boot. Unfortunately, this one falls a little short of the others in what would give me that Friday Feeling. And so here we are. Soz Ari!

Advertisement