Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

Oooh fantastic choice Kathleen. One of my favourites. It's hard to not hear this in my head (but that's ok I like Coolio too! :D )

I ain't tryna preach, I believe I can reach you
    But your mind ain't prepared
    I'll see you when you get there

I'll see you when you get there
    If you ever get there
    See you when you get there!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And that brings us right up to our remaining 6, in no particular order:

The purple tin (again)

Trigger

Bubblypop

Hillbilly4

Spook_ie

And…

Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And on that cliffhanger....

See you all tomorrow folks!

giphy.gif

KIDDING!!!

giphy.gif

In 26th place with 3 points

Trigger

Bell X1 – The Upswing

When I listen to this song I don’t get a chilled out vibe unfortunately, it’s just all a bit too depressing – and this is coming from someone who listens to The Fray :pac: I think this song is very good on the other hand, I just can’t score it any higher as I don’t think it fits the category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:pac: yeah was the wrong choice.. I knew that.. didn't bother me hole to change as I knew you were dealing with Seph..

So..

Sephs fault :pac:

Also.. #notlast

In 3rd place with 26 points

Bubblypop

Lana Del Ray – Young And Beautiful

See the difference in the atmosphere between this and the previous track is what I’m referring to. We’re slowing it down, but not to the pace of being depressing. This strikes the right balance, alongside being just a great track. Really enjoyed this one.

In 27th place with 2 points

Hillbilly4

Lemon Jelly – Ramblin Man (Lost Horizons)

Oh dear. I’m afraid I just didn’t click with this one at all. Once upon a time there was an Electric Nitwit who submitted a different Lemon Jelly track that my kids absolutely adored, it propelled him high amongst the scorers in the round – however there is none of this apparent in this track. In fact I’m struggling to understand what the point of it all is unfortunately for the entrant. Not for me, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Trigger wrote: »
    :pac: yeah was the wrong choice..

I really liked that song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

:D

my kid wanted me to enter the Halo theme song into a religious/spiritual category for Rikand's walrus i think it was.

I overruled and sent something else though :pac:

I havent looked at the spiritual entries yet but I can confirm if you did enter it, it would have instantly top 5'd at least

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    In 27th place with 2 points

Hillbilly4

Lemon Jelly – Ramblin Man (Lost Horizons)

Oh dear. I’m afraid I just didn’t click with this one at all. Once upon a time there was an Electric Nitwit who submitted a different Lemon Jelly track that my kids absolutely adored, it propelled him high amongst the scorers in the round – however there is none of this apparent in this track. In fact I’m struggling to understand what the point of it all is unfortunately for the entrant. Not for me, sadly.

It;s no nice weather for ducks!

In 2nd Place with 27 points

Also Starring LeVar Burton

Caylee Hammack – Small Town Hypocrite

This contest needs MOAR country!! Love this one, kinda has me thinking of my own hometown tbh listening to it – not sure what that says about us here in Sligo mind :pac: Great voice, perfect for the round, added bonus of being country… yeah this hit all the right notes with me. The Walrus Wizard strikes again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My song was too chilled out for the chill out round, oh well

In 4th place with 25 points

Sawduck

Elbow – One Day Like This

This was submitted in my very first Walrus which I co-judged with Stu Redman, and here’s what I said at the time:

I’d like to retract that statement cos boy did it click this time around, it’s absolutely perfect for this category, and only a trio of stubborn songs above it kept it from a full redemption. Feel bad for scoring it so low the last time out, but hey ho better late than never, right? :P

I think the reason you didnt like it before was because i submitted it and you were out for revenge after I panned Oasis :D

In 28th Place with 1 point

The purple tin

Black Sabbath – Planet Caravan

And again, another track which just does not resonate with me. Look I’m sure Black Sabbath are perfectly grand and all, but why do they have to sound like they’re singing from inside a bottle? I just don’t get it, never have and never will at this point. Gave it a few run throughs and just couldn’t find anything I liked about it. Sorry tpt….

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Once upon a time there was an Electric Nitwit who submitted a different Lemon Jelly track that my kids absolutely adored, it propelled him high amongst the scorers in the round
    I don't think it did :D

Ah, I love Ramblin Man too. They're may be anther track from that album coming up in a near future walrus too!

Rikand wrote: »
    I havent looked at the spiritual entries yet but I can confirm if you did enter it, it would have instantly top 5'd at least

ah shyte!

nope I gave you a loooong head banger beauty :D

And in FIRST Place with 28 points

Spook_ie

Nathan Evans, Ant Mc Partlin & Declan Donnelly – Wellerman (Saturday Night Takeaway Version)

Not sure if you’re all into Tik Tok or not but this appears to be the latest ‘fad’ that’s taken hold from the video sharing app. This went to the top of the list and was never moving – it’s bloody fantastic. What’s not to love? Sea Shanties? Check. Ant & Dec dancing with brooms? Check? It’s just amazing and I’m addicted to watching the video ever since it was sent to me :D A winner by a country mile of this category! Well done Spook!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well bang goes my wooden spoon!

So how does that leave our table....

Well first we have our Slow Saturday rankings...

Position Name Song Score
    1st Spook_ie Ant & Dec & Nathan Evans - Sea Shanty Spectacular (Wellerman) 28
    2nd Also Starring LeVar Burton Caylee Hammack - Small Town Hypocrite 27
    3rd bubblypop Lana Del Ray - Young and Beautiful 26
    4th Sawduck Elbow - One Day Like This 25
    5th Electric Nitwit Bloc Party - Sunday 24
    6th Barna77 Steve Miller Band - Joker 23
    7th KathleenGrant Pachbel - Canon in D 22
    8th Barney92 Leslie Odom Jr - Wait For It (Hamilton) 21
    9th mustang shelly KT Tunstall - Journey 20
    10th Irish Aris Paper Lions - Call Back 19
    11th JP Liz V1 Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It 18
    12th JohnGreenFan Tolu Makay - N17 17
    13th kitten_k Massive Attack - Teardrop 16
    14th fixXxer Stephen Barton - Apex Legends Main Theme 15
    15th ari101 Jack L - Lost In Limbo 14
    16th speckle Chris Isaak - Wicked Game 13
    17th Sephiroth_dude Mai Yamane - Tasogare 12
    18th Kolido Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Power of Love 11
    19th BuileBeag Cass McCombs - Brighter! 10
    20th Rikand Mansun - Wide Open Space 9
    21st Hello 2D Person Below Peter Starstedt - Where Do You Go To My Lovely? 8
    22nd ShaneU Tom Waits - (Looking For) The Heart of Saturday Night 7
    23rd cee_jay Sigur Ros - Hoppipola 6
    24th SineadSpears Martin Garrix feat. Tove Lo - Pressure 5
    25th Mam of 4 Massive Attack - Saturday Come Slow 4
    26th Trigger Bell X1 - The Upswing 3
    27th Hillbilly4 Lemon Jelly - Ramblin Man (Lost Horizons) 2
    28th the purple tin Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan 1

And then our combined table after two rounds....

Name Good Friday Slow Saturday Easter Sunday Manic Monday Total
    ShaneU 28 7 35
    Spook_ie 20 28 48
    the purple tin 3 1 4
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 24 27 51
    Irish Aris 22 19 41
    cee_jay 17 6 23
    Trigger 19 3 22
    Hillbilly4 13 2 15
    bubblypop 11 26 37
    Sawduck 18 25 43
    SineadSpears 27 5 32
    Kolido 4 11 15
    mustang shelly 26 20 46
    Mam of 4 6 4 10
    kitten_k 20 16 36
    Sephiroth_dude 7 12 19
    ari101 5 14 19
    JP Liz V1 14 18 32
    BuileBeag 23 10 33
    Barna77 9 23 32
    Electric Nitwit 21 24 45
    JohnGreenFan 16 17 33
    Hello 2D Person Below 2 9 11
    KathleenGrant 25 22 47
    fixXxer 12 15 27
    Rikand 10 9 19
    Barney92 8 21 29
    speckle 15 13 28

So LeVar leads by 3 points after two rounds with Spook in second place.

Kathleen, shelly and Electric Nitwit are right on Spook's tail though - and with 28 points on offer for the winner of each round... there's a ways to go yet before we crown our winner....

That's it from me tonight anyways. Back at a slightly later time of 8pm tomorrow for our Easter Sunday session....

Until then...

CleanLeadingBarnowl-small.gif

• Advertisement

Caylee Hammack – Small Town Hypocrite

This contest needs MOAR country!! Love this one, kinda has me thinking of my own hometown tbh listening to it – not sure what that says about us here in Sligo mind :pac:

Is that what it's like round your neck of the woods? I don't think i'll be visting Sligo ever any time soon :pac:

thats a nice song, but country music is not my thang at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I really liked that song :)

It's a lovely song, Bell x1 actually also have a song about someone receiving a cochlear implant.. called "take your sweet time" so they are OK in my book :D

awh well done Spook. thats a great fun song :)

there were a few song I liked, but some that I will add to my own playlists are

Mams Massive Attack
    Ari's Jack L
    Triggers Upswing
    Bubblys Lana Del Ray

great songs that I haven't heard before

Thanks again Necro. Well done Spook.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Well done Spook :)

Thanks Necro , more new tunes to listen to tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Purpletin loved that BS track anymore like that one? Always associated them with the opposite maybe I was wrong?

And well done Spook..congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

speckle wrote: »
    Purpletin loved that BS track anymore like that one? Always associated them with the opposite maybe I was wrong?

And well done Spook..congrats
    Yeah they mostly rock out but they do have a few mellower numbers too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmV8niW5GXs

Pantera did a pretty good cover of Planet Caravan as well

thePurpleTin, that last one is lovely..

looked them up and I see they are an older band.

liking their song 'Walk' and 'Cemetery Gates' so far.. I'll have a proper binge tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Ah our holiest of days, sure didn’t the Lord himself pause for a cup of tea on Easter Sunday before rising from the dead like some sort of zombie?

tenor.gif

Anyways this round was Easter themed-ish. Who am I to judge what easter means to y’all folks.

Here’s a few I’d be thinking of when it comes to this our holiest of days:

Also acceptable was the general Sunday theme, I wasn’t particularly strict on it anyways.

Kicking off from 8pm this evening, have a fun day with all your eggs and stuff until then folks :D

Advertisement