Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That Lindemann track reminds me of Rammstein.

It should do! Til Lindemann is the lead singer of Rammstein :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 13th place with 17 points

Cee_jay

Electric Light Orchestra – Mr. Blue Sky

Another trip down memory lane, had totally forgotten about this one! Really enjoyed this but had to shave a few points off on relistens as the end kinda just drags on and on and on, after a few listens you’re just sitting there thinking ‘ok, lads, wrap it up now, cheers!’ But still deserves the points I’m allocating it here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 12th place with 18 points

Sawduck

K’naan – Waving Flag

This was a song I hadn’t heard in AGESSS, and initially I was placing it really high but it started tumbling on relistens and I decided I didn’t like it as much as some of the others in the category. That chorus though, I still want to wave my arms along with it. Nice choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    In 16th place with 14 points

Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk

Ah another banger, this is a great track. I always wonder why Mark Ronson gets the main listing and the artist that does the heavy lifting in the track gets the dreaded ‘feat.’ Tagline. Just a random thought that I’m sure someone will explain to me now :P It drops a little because at this point in my life I’ve had enough Uptown Funk to last me a THOUSAND lifetimes… still good though.

Yes I think both Ronson and Mars co wrote and produced so collaboration equal, it's strange alright

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Some cracking tunes so far

• Advertisement

In 11th Place with 19 points

Trigger

Livin Joy - Dreamer

In direct contrast to Waving Flag, this song actually started really low, bottom 3 type low but it’s grown on me a lot. That chorus is quite infectious, and yeah it’s definitely something I’d whack on and blare out of the car on the way home from work.

Moving into our top 10 now...

hqdefault.jpg

In JOINT 9th place with 20 points EACH

Spook_ie and kitten_k

Riton x Nightcrawlers - Friday ft. Mufasa & Hypeman (Dopamine Re-Edit)

The only duplicate of the entire contest interestingly, which is great going folks. Ok, it’s ‘kind of’ an obvious choice – but it’s one of those earworms that gets in your head, the chorus just keeps going round and round, I even woke up this morning singing the damn thing. I cut a few points off because that whole Pitbull – Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn sampling is completely out of place, but otherwise I’m vibing this track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

In JOINT 9th place with 20 points EACH

Spook_ie and kitten_k

Riton x Nightcrawlers - Friday ft. Mufasa & Hypeman (Dopamine Re-Edit)

The only duplicate of the entire contest interestingly, which is great going folks. Ok, it’s ‘kind of’ an obvious choice – but it’s one of those earworms that gets in your head, the chorus just keeps going round and round, I even woke up this morning singing the damn thing. I cut a few points off because that whole Pitbull – Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn sampling is completely out of place, but otherwise I’m vibing this track.

I was going to submit this but thought it was almost too obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I'll happily take that 20 points, only because i know what other songs I entered :eek::D

• Advertisement

In 8th place with 21 points

Electric Nitwit

Pendulum – Prelude/Slam

Well, well, well – EN likes himself some electro-techno :P This is a class track and you were right to include the Prelude, it sets the tone for the whole piece and I just enjoyed all of this. It picks up at about 1.59 and it’s just.. *chef's kiss*
    Who said I didn’t like instrumentals :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Spook_ie wrote: »
    I'll happily take that 20 points, only because i know what other songs I entered :eek::D

Great minds Spook! I know it’s obvious but always gets me in a good mood!

In 7th place with 22 points

Irish Aris

Robbie Williams – Let Me Entertain You

Ah here, this is off the wall Friday Feeling, such a classic track. It’s the type of song you whack on in a pub (remember those) and just loosen the collar and fire the tie on the floor after a hard week of work, perfect for the category. Great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great songs so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 8th place with 21 points

Electric Nitwit

Pendulum – Prelude/Slam

Well, well, well – EN likes himself some electro-techno :P This is a class track and you were right to include the Prelude, it sets the tone for the whole piece and I just enjoyed all of this. It picks up at about 1.59 and it’s just.. *chef's kiss*
    Who said I didn’t like instrumentals :P

Yes!!

Thought this was a bit of a gamble but I love it, delighted you like it. One of the best gigs I've ever been to as well

"...tonight, on this small planet, on earth
    We're going to rock civilization..." :D

In a controversial 6th place with 23 points

Deleted User

Azalea Banks - 212

*Ducks for cover* This is a brilliant track, again another great choice. The less said about the artist the better and I’ll admit personal feelings had me want to rank this lower BUT – it’s very difficult to not listen to this track and say it doesn’t fit the category perfectly. Good choice… I think? :P

In 5th place with 24 points

Also Starring LeVar Burton

Walk off The Earth feat. Harm and Ease – Toxic

Initially this track was in the bottom three, I wasn’t getting the sort of Friday Feeling I expected off it at all, but on relistens it just kept growing on me and creeping up the table and we sort of ended here. I’m massively impressed about how they play all the instruments for each other, and locked in a caravan like Fr. Noel Furlong and his youth group were in Father Ted that time, the video is brilliant. Top choice.

mruGbZ.gif

In 4th place with 25 points

KathleenGrant

Flo Rida feat. David Guetta – Club Can’t Handle Me

This is just a fantastic song, I remember getting ready to head out and blaring this song whilst doing so. Absolutely gives me the Friday Feeling too, really liked this entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

late to the party and only had a quick flick through. looking like a brilliant round. can't wait to have a proper listen to everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 5th place with 24 points

Also Starring LeVar Burton

Walk off The Earth feat. Harm and Ease – Toxic

Initially this track was in the bottom three, I wasn’t getting the sort of Friday Feeling I expected off it at all, but on relistens it just kept growing on me and creeping up the table and we sort of ended here. I’m massively impressed about how they play all the instruments for each other, and locked in a caravan like Fr. Noel Furlong and his youth group were in Father Ted that time, the video is brilliant. Top choice.

It always reminds me of my college days, a crowd of us piling into the back of my mates minibus heading off to some exotic location like Kerry or Donegal ( :D ) for the weekend with a random assortment of instruments having an epic jamming session and sing song for the drive. Doesn't get much more Friday Feeling than that for me...

Glad you enjoyed it (even if it took awhile to work its magic on you)

• Advertisement

And so that brings us to our final 6 for this round, in no particular order…

Kolido
    ShaneU
    The purple tin
    SineadSpears
    Mustang shelly
    Hello 2D Person Below

Who hit that sweet spot with the Friday Feeling… and who crashed and burned at the first hurdle? Let’s find out shall we :)

16ac61f5f155aea3c669cf82f258156d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

When you haven't been up yet you now start to worry......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

@LeVar - I love your nominations for Walk Off The Earth lately!

In 26th place with 4 points

Kolido

Sonique – Feels So Good

I kept mixing this one up with Livin’ Joy’s entry which did not help things. Unfortunately whilst Livin’ Joy began to climb the rankings after a while, this one went in the opposite direction. It’s a decent track, it just lacks a bit of energy that other songs in the category have.

In 3rd place with 26 points

Mustang shelly

Opus – Live is Life

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah! The chorus of this is absolutely brilliant, this is what I mean when some of the lower tracks fell a little bit short of what I myself think of for ‘Friday Feeling’. Just loved this every time it came on my playlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

ah Sonique is a great tune! bit of a chill out song rather than friday feeling though. still a goodie..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

LeVar I am in stiches here laughing ..brilllant...way better than the original...nice one

In 27th place with 3 points

The purple tin

Municipal Waste – Breathe Grease

Well the structures of the house are still standing. I mean I ‘guess’ you could get a Friday Feeling involving the murder of your co-workers from this? That’s a joke, Trigger! I liked the track, I just didn’t feel it fitted the category unfortunately.

In 2nd place with 27 points

SineadSpears

YungBlud – Parents

This song took me by surprise, I didn’t expect to like it that much but every time it came on I really enjoyed it. That chorus has that sort of energy I was talking about previously, the singer powers it out. Love the line ‘so I tied him up with gaffer tape and locked him in a shed – then I went into the garden and I fcuked my best friend’. Great choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Last or first! Ahhhhhhh!

Advertisement