Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm fecking shocked that mine wasn't the first one out of the stumbling blocks tbh !

Not out of the woods yet Mam, you could be in the bottom 3.... ;)

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 19th place with 10 points

Sephiroth_dude

Don Carlos – Alone

Really digging this house music, as much as I can dig house music anyways I guess. Decent track but this is about as high as I can realistically place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Necro wrote: »

Gossip – Heavy Cross

that's a goody. haven't heard it in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 24th place with 5 points

Speckle

Land Before Time II – Eggs!

This video ain’t on the playlists I’ll be posting as it won’t let me add it. Tbh, you’re not missing much. It’s a grand song about how the dinosaur likes to eat eggs. I do like music from animated films but this falls a little flat tbh. The sidekick’s voice is really really annoying and it’s all just a bit meh.
    NARFF!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Here now, missed yesterday's reveal. Looking forward to today's now. Wine opened and relax!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Not out of the woods yet Mam, you could be in the bottom 3.... ;)

tenor.gif

Ah , my humble abode , I miss it when I leave it :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah , my humble abode , I miss it when I leave it :pac:

I mean there's always the chance you might have done well either. Could go either way at this point

tenor.gif

In 18th place with 11 points

Hillbilly4

Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus

Great choice, we’re getting to the point now where I’m struggling to find flaws in the entries and just have to go over personal preference. This one drops a couple of places due to familiarity… also… I prefer Marilyn Manson’s version tbh *Shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

In 23rd place with 6 points

Kitten_k

Michelle Williams feat. Beyonce and Kelly Rowland – Say Yes

This song is a bit cult-like, ‘When Jesus Says Yes, Nobody can Say No’ – grammar issues aside, I can’t quite buy what the girls are selling here. It’s a grand track but the chorus is just ridiculous

Had a feeling this wouldn’t do well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 20th place with 9 points

Electric Nitwit

The National – Pink Rabbits

A nice track, a bit slow for my tastes normally but I can appreciate the quality all the same. Enjoyed this one.
    Ah, it was all going so well after two days, i can never be consistent in these :p

At least you liked it. And of course it's slow, Sunday is a chill out day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 18th place with 11 points

Hillbilly4

Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus

Great choice, we’re getting to the point now where I’m struggling to find flaws in the entries and just have to go over personal preference. This one drops a couple of places due to familiarity… also… I prefer Marilyn Manson’s version tbh *Shrugs*
    Johnny Cash does a great version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpYW3qng78E

In 17th place with 12 points

SineadSpears

Pale Waves – She’s My Religion

Loved this track, really nice entry and a nice little segue into the religious theme that was possible in this round. I think with more time on my hands this might have been higher up as I was enjoying it more and more each time but unfortunately I again ran out of time :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I never heard of half of these. Looking forward to listening to them at leisure.

Marilyn Manson is someone I like when I hear, but don't know much about his music and kept meaning to get into it.

it's definitely on the menu for tomorrow now..

I never heard of half of these. Looking forward to listening to them at leisure.

I need to post yesterday's playlist after the reveal as well this evening, remind me cos I forgot yesterday :D

In 16th place with 13 points

ShaneU

Mary Mary – Sunday Morning

Another track that’s so upbeat it’s very difficult to find any flaws with it. Enjoyed this one as well, nice entry!

In 17th place with 12 points

SineadSpears

Pale Waves – She’s My Religion

Loved this track, really nice entry and a nice little segue into the religious theme that was possible in this round. I think with more time on my hands this might have been higher up as I was enjoying it more and more each time but unfortunately I again ran out of time :/

ah that's a pity because it really is a georgous song.

happy enough that you liked it at all though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Marilyn Manson is someone I like when I hear, but don't know much about his music and kept meaning to get into it.

it's definitely on the menu for tomorrow now..
    Lest We Forget, the best of, is a really good starting point, every song on it is great

In 15th place with 14 points

Mustang shelly

Lady GaGa – Judas

Loses a few points for the JUDAS JUD-AS JUD-AS screaming but the rest of the track is slamming. Clever choice and a very good song to boot. I miss old Gaga :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I love Pale Waves Sinead, and especially that song.

• Advertisement

Mary Mary, take the shackles off my feet so I can dance!! :pac:

never heard anything else from them. but I like this song too ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

When's your walrus Sinead? :D I'm a one round wonder in this one

In 14th place with 15 points

Trigger

The Struts – Mary Go Round

Mary is religious, right? :P As I said, really struggling to find flaws with a lot of these entries in order to rank them, pretty much enjoyed all of the top 20 tracks if I’m honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That's an improvement!!!!

I love Pale Waves Sinead, and especially that song.

the lyrics are beautiful.

it seems simple enough the first time you hear it, but it grows each time you hear it and I love it :) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

NARFF!

Ach sure.. we can only ' try to take over the world' :D

In 13th place with 16 points

Cee_jay

Josh Gadd & Nikki M. James – Baptize Me (The Book Of Mormon)

Anything written by the lads from South Park is going to do well with me, this is no different. Really enjoyed the comedy element of this one, which can sometimes be hit and miss for me with music tbh.

ShaneU wrote: »
    When's your walrus Sinead? :D I'm a one round wonder in this one

:D

I'd be so overwhelmed. I bow down to anyone that hosts any games/walruses.

Legands they are :cool:

In 12th place with 17 points

Kolido

Sugar Ray – Every Morning

I’m being very lenient on this one as I’m failing to see the overall theme fulfilment. Then again... Mary Go Round :pac::pac: and who am I to judge what one person associates with Easter, or indeed Sunday in general :D

Quality track at the same time, which helps. Would have been top 3 in the Friday category mind!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

In 13th place with 16 points

Cee_jay

Josh Gadd & Nikki M. James – Baptize Me (The Book Of Mormon)

Anything written by the lads from South Park is going to do well with me, this is no different. Really enjoyed the comedy element of this one, which can sometimes be hit and miss for me with music tbh.

Well that did better than I thought it would! I think with a musical song, sometimes taken out of context you lose part of the "story".

Advertisement