Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Listened at leisure to all tonight for our in house Good Friday Feeling playlist.
    New fan of The Shires here :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

After a frenetic Friday with high tempo tracks and plenty of CHOOONs, it’s time to slow it right down and chill out like I do for my Saturday evenings. Some examples of what I would be referring to below:

This round was... interesting. Loved the vast, vast majority of it.

Hated some though :cool:

See y'all at 7pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Necro wrote: »
    After a frenetic Friday with high tempo tracks and plenty of CHOOONs, it’s time to slow it right down and chill out like I do for my Saturday evenings. Some examples of what I would be referring to below:

This round was... interesting. Loved the vast, vast majority of it.

Hated some though :cool:

See y'all at 7pm!

giphy.gif/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tried to find a chillout version but this is the best I could find :pac: acoustic guitar!

Saturday night
    It's reveal time tonight
    Do it Necro!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yay, chill out time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rikand wrote: »
    Yay, chill out time :D
    82d4befee2cbf944c7b225e6be53cc40.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479fkl856hn55zi87tdhiyqvuknvcre1mdgjn5lh98&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Trigger wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Me either, but at the end of the list or not this mine calms me down and ask any of my kids, a calm me is a rare and wonderful occurrence.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

20 mins till...

• Advertisement

As is usual for my own reveals we'll be starting with 25th place and going right up the table to 4th, leaving the remaining 6 to sweat it out. As always, don't be too offended if I didn't like your entry, tis only my opinion at the end of the day ;)

Overall this round was fairly decent. There was a clear winner for me early on and the rest were playing catch up. Some I started to really like towards the end of the week when I was getting final listens in, another few days and they might have done better but time was against me in this Walrus, given the turnaround and number of entries.

Anyways... hopefully you all enjoy the forthcoming reveal. Great to have such interest in a Walrus so at the end of the day, no matter where your entry ends up...

a2195dafe5f68364b526f7de0aee764f.gif

I'm starting to wonder if entering Slipknot for this category was a mistake.

:pac:

In 25th place with 4 points

Mam of 4

Massive Attack – Saturday Come Slow

First of two Massive Attack tracks in this round, and I think this one suffers a little bit as a result. I liked this, but at times the singer seems to be almost out of tune with the backing track, really straining that ‘Do You Love Me?’ and it sort of wound up here as a result.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Time to get our grooves on once again

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh so that's what I sent :pac:

In 24th place with 5 points

SineadSpears

Martin Garrix feat. Tove Lo – Pressure

Tracks were very varied in this round, nice RnB feel to this one. It’s decent, but not something I’d be going out of my way to listen to in all honesty. It’s just kinda… there? I dunno how to describe it really but this is where it lands anyways.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Oh so that's what I sent :pac:

That's a great song Mam. I love it!

That's a great song Mam. I love it!
    I have a strong Bristol bias but I agree, love Massive Attack :)

In 23rd place with 6 points

Cee_jay

Sigur Ros – Hoppipola

I do like this track, the music is kind of epic. I’m not really into the psychedelic type of singing mind, so this is about where it ends up.

In 22nd place with 7 points

ShaneU

Tom Waits – (Looking For) The Heart of Saturday Night

I’m gonna be honest, I’m not a Waits fan. His voice normally grates on me when he sings like he has rocks in his mouth. This is a surprising change and I actually don’t mind it here. Not sure I’d be chilling to this track though, it’s a little bit too slow for my own tastes, so it ends up in the lower echelon as a result.

• Advertisement

I have a strong Bristol bias but I agree, love Massive Attack :)

Are you from Bristol EN? That's one of my fave places in the UK.

In 21st place with 8 points

Deleted User

Peter Starsedt – Where Do You Go My Lovely?

This is a nice relaxing song, I can definitely see myself throwing on something like this on a Saturday evening. Enjoyed this.

In 20th place with 9 points

Rikand

Mansun – Wide Open Space

This isn’t too bad, I had Mansun’s Rock and Roll Loser submitted to my previous Walrus and it did ok. I think I prefer this track though I’m still not sure about the singer, he’s a bit whiny isn’t he? Still, on the balance of things, I did enjoy this.

In 19th place with 10 points

Deleted User

Cass McCombs – Brighter!

The start of this reminds me a bit of ‘Wake Up Sleeping’ by the Saw Doctors. Definitely captures what I was thinking of in relation to the category. As I said in my opening comments, another few listens and this might have climbed a bit higher but sadly, I ran out of time.

Err.... kinda? :pac::pac:

Are you from Bristol EN? That's one of my fave places in the UK.
    I'm from London but I went to college in Bristol and stayed for 15 years before chasing a girl to Dublin!

Bristol is an amazing place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Necro wrote: »

Martin Garrix feat. Tove Lo – Pressure

Tracks were very varied in this round, nice RnB feel to this one. It’s decent, but not something I’d be going out of my way to listen to in all honesty. It’s just kinda… there? I dunno how to describe it really but this is where it lands anyways.

yeah thought that might be a bit of a marmite song :D

I love it though :)

Sigur Ros – Hoppipola

Love this :)

In 18th place with 11 points

Kolido

Frankie Goes To Hollywood – The Power of Love

I’m not gone on this song, there I said it. I know – sacrilege right? That being said it does capture exactly what I’m looking for here in this round. AND…. I will admit, it’s growing on me with each listen.

I'm from London but I went to college in Bristol and stayed for 15 years before chasing a girl to Dublin!

Bristol is an amazing place :)

My sister lived there for years so I spent a lot of time over there.

• Advertisement

In 17th place with 12 points

Sephiroth_dude

Mai Yamane – Tasogare

You did it again :pac: Your first entry was another Casiopea track, and I loved it! Would have likely finished around the top 5. This one on the other hand doesn’t really resonate as much. And I like her voice so it isn’t that. They seem to fire in some random guitar solo towards the end which takes me out of the track completely to be honest. So sadly, this is as high as Mai could place, I think. On the bright side I think I'm in love with Casiopea, so there is that.

Seph’s original….

Advertisement