Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach attends event during Level Three restrictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jeebus you'd think he's be afraid of getting the Virus being indoors without masks.
    That is it?!?....
    A mask off for a very small amount of time for a photo while standing as far away as possible lol
    Christ it's hardly golfgate....
    What a bombshell...ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

gmisk wrote: »
    That is it?!?....
    A mask off for a very small amount of time for a photo while standing as far away as possible lol

Well when your arresting and prosecuting people for doing the same it does matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

Taoiseach Micheál Martin breached Covid-19 public health guidelines by attending an indoor event held in honour of his late father in Cork.

While at the event Martin told an attending garda to take off her face mask for a photo opportunity.

the gathering was permitted because of a directive issued by the Department of an Taoiseach to allow the December 12 event

Can we fire him now?

There you go folks, time to start meeting family and friends indoors again. The Taoiseach doesn’t follow the rules, why should anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That is it?!?....
    What a bombshell...ha ha

Modern day clickbait at its finest :pac:

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It looks like Michael Martin could be in trouble.

https://twitter.com/wereontheditch/status/1378069714325356544?s=20
    (Arrested development voice)....he wasn't in trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Nevermind Martin, those pesky Dublin footballers are to blame for everything and should be banned from playing and have all their titles stripped and given to Mayo

Well when your arresting and prosecuting people for doing the same it does matter.
    Absolute nonsense lol
    That video is it?!? That's the bombshell evidence... Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Can't believe I sharpened my pitchfork for this nonsense. And I strongly dislike MM.

Since dinosaurs walked the earth this is the biggest non story of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Normal One wrote: »
    Can't believe I sharpened my pitchfork for this nonsense. And I strongly dislike MM.

Needs to add dramatic sound/voiceover to the video.

• Advertisement

That is it?!?....
    What a bombshell...ha ha

You do realise only 10 people allowed at a funeral yet he signs off a larger event for his dad and asks people to take off their masks.
    If you can't see what's wrong with that picture it's all a matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

We truly have hit rock bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Darc19 wrote: »
    It's like a primary school with the squealing that goes on in n both the main media and the gutter media.

Most intelligent people have tuned out at this point

Couldn't agree more, seems we've become a nation of tell tales since this pandemic started. Day after day more breaking news (if you could call it that). MM has been in trouble ever since he took the poison chalice of governing in this nightmare political scenario. I'm no FF supporter but since day one there's been sniping, undermining, mixed messages, he said, she said, Political journalist looking for the slightest tit bit of controversy. It's just pathetic and so too has the opposition. Cynism has certainly become a side affect of this pandemic and its disgusting. The Ditch has quite an appropriate name but I think Gutter more appropriate.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Could you imagine going to RTE to sell this “story”
    Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Cork County Boxing Board President Mick O’Brien said the gathering was permitted because of a directive issued by the Department of an Taoiseach to allow the December 12 event honouring amateur boxer and father of the Taoiseach, Paddy Martin, to be staged.  

Issuing directives for family events . I want to ask for a directive so my 5 year old can have a birthday party next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Bahahahahahahahahahah

People aren’t being arrested for standing away from someone without a mask
    Take the outrage to Paddy or gript

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Car99 wrote: »
    Issuing directives for family events . I want to ask for a directive so my 5 year old can have a birthday party next week..

This is a special privilege reserved only for an taoiseach i'm afraid

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Bahahahahahahahahahah

People aren’t being arrested for standing away from someone without a mask
    Take the outrage to Paddy or gript

He's broken the law, defend your master all you want....A constitutional law expert said that even if the Taoiseach’s office issued a directive, it could not bypass existing legislation.

a laughing Martin told Desmond to maintain a distance from him “just so people won’t be talking – social distancing and all that”

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I think the point they're making is he had an indoor personal event during lockdown? The mask business is a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭wonga77

2 subscribers on their YouTube channel, if that's the kind of tripe they are posting then it won't rise much higher

• Advertisement

He's broken the law, defend your master all you want....A constitutional law expert said that even if the Taoiseach’s office issued a directive, it could not bypass existing legislation.

a laughing Martin told Desmond to maintain a distance from him “just so people won’t be talking – social distancing and all that”

Defend my master?
    For having a stone of common sense?!

Alright Paddy it’s early now back to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It looks like Michael Martin could be in trouble.

You mean for the way he pronounces advertisement.

adverTiss-ment :D

Awwwwwwwwwwwww :(
    I thought this was going to be exciting. Very disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I see Paul Murphy calling for action, tells you all you need to know.

I would like Paul to apply the same standards to himself, who attended many non essential outdoor "gatherings"

What a pathetic "story"

This social distancing thing is awkward as hell for everyone. Including Martin. So making these little quips is completely normal. At least he made them keep their distance. Almost comical how far away from each other while holding the cup.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Defend my master?
    For having a stone of common sense?!

I'm not seeing the common sense he displayed? Your ok with him forcing people to behave and live a certain way yet doesn't have to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I dislike Monty Burns as much as the next guy but unfortunately theres nothing to see here.

I'm not seeing the common sense he displayed? Your ok with him forcing people to behave and live a certain way yet doesn't have to himself.

The fact you’ve even gone to ‘my master’ is telling enough.

It was an event with 12 people, error of judgement sure, similar to varadkar and worthy of the hullabaloo? Not even close.

It’s a non story for the vast majority and building it up to be more is just nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Seems to be a delay in the news being released.

You would think if they were teasing us with the video, they'd have put up something more dramatic or more info on what is going to get him in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I dislike Monty Burns as much as the next guy but unfortunately theres nothing to see here.
    Is issuing a decree that this personal event was allowed not a bit dodge?

Advertisement