Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach attends event during Level Three restrictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I remember this being reported. Nobody cared.

Pat Kenny hadn't classed him as a killer at that stage and some of us were happy to have some of our constitutional permission back slightly.
    A weak lier is not what we need now, how can you trust anything the man says after he comes out and blatantly lies to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭jackboy

AuntySnow wrote: »
    They elected him Taoiseach
    So they're culpable
    Jail them
    Paddy Cosgrave for Taoiseach
    Saint Chay for president!

Ok. Your having some sort of meltdown now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Pat Kenny hadn't classed him as a killer at that stage and some of us were happy to have some of our constitutional permission back slightly.
    A weak lier is not what we need now, how can you trust anything the man says after he comes out and blatantly lies to everyone.

So you do though! So I’m not going to get riled up because you’re on a mission.

Away you go, scream, rant and rage all you want but this isn’t the smoking gun you’re trying to turn it into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He's caught out badly here. The guidelines are clear at the time. A complete hypocrite.

smurgen wrote: »
    He's caught out badly here. The guidelines are clear at the time. A complete hypocrite.

Soooooooooo, why wait till now to express your outrage?

• Advertisement

I’d like one of Martin’s defenders here to explain why it was a work event rather than a personal event. At least then we can try to have some sort of a debate. Thats all we can do until Martin provides evidence it was a work event.

This shop is also an extremely busy indoor shop and this is level 5. The foot traffic inside the English market is unbelievable. No idea why he's in there without mask.

https://twitter.com/Filmandwriting/status/1378348436932730885?s=19

jackboy wrote: »
    I’d like one of Martin’s defenders here to explain why it was a work event rather than a personal event. At least then we can try to have some sort of a debate. Thats all we can do until Martin provides evidence it was a work event.

It became a work event when he was attending as Taoiseach
    A bit like when you marry your girlfriend they become your wife but they are also still your friend
    Ditto here,the event obviously has meaning as (unconfirmed but likely) he attends every year
    Baically events he attends become state business/official capacity by default
    Ergo this is a manufactured outrage facilitated by the grudge holding twosome that brought us other matters a bit fruitier than this

Soooooooooo, why wait till now to express your outrage?

The gruesome twosome are scouring the country looking for things like this
    Bad show when it took them 4 months to get sent something as insignificant as this
    So he takes off his mask for photo's at 2m+ distance
    So what

This shop is also an extremely busy indoor shop and this is level 5. The foot traffic inside the English market is unbelievable. No idea why he's in there with know mask.

Masks are for optics a virtual signaling show of solidarity with Government policy. I'm glad he's not wearing one but he needs to stop the sharade they're worth the dystopian life they've inflicted upon us.
    I'm done with them, one too many eye infections not partaking in the nonsense any longer, I'll take my first fine the whole way to the supreme court or higher if necessary, you can thank me later.

• Advertisement

Masks are for optics a virtual signaling show of solidarity with Government policy. I'm glad he's not wearing one but he needs to stop the sharade they're worth the dystopian life they've inflicted upon us.
    I'm done with them, one too many eye infections not partaking in the nonsense any longer, I'll take my first fine the whole way to the supreme court or higher if necessary, you can thank me later.

If you’re getting “one too many eye infections” from wearing a mask, you’re doing it wrong.

Unless you’re Zorro

If your getting “one too many eye infections” from wearing a mask, you’re doing it wrong.

Thanks for the tip but the anti-facers can go jump, I've no interest in playing along with their psychosis any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Yes they did, remember golfgate?

Leaders should lead by example!
    Another load of outrage for outrages sake

Good to see the FFG supporters go full anti masker. It was only a matter of time really.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

Well said. The virus spreads best at large indoor gatherings.

Masks are no benefit other than optics.

Good to see the FFG supporters go full anti masker. It was only a matter of time really.

He's spent pages giving out about the Taoiseach and now hes a government supporter?
    Are you for real?

Well said. The virus spreads best at large indoor gatherings.

Masks are no benefit other than optics.

The medical community disagree with your idea of mask use, but yes, go ahead and pat each other on the back, strength in numbers and all that

The medical community disagree with your idea of mask use, but yes, go ahead and pat each other on the back, strength in numbers and all that

That would be on only members of the medical community allowed on the TV? When opposing just as qualified opinions aren't allowed.
    There is no evidence to support them, when science is unsure they conduct an experiment, thanks for your participation.

That would be on only members of the medical community allowed on the TV? When opposing just as qualified opinions aren't allowed.
    There is no evidence to support them, when science is unsure they conduct an experiment, thanks for your participation.
    Thats a conspiracy theory
    World renouned scientists trump(pardon the pun) a minority of anti mask gp's or sugeons speaking out

I wont listen to those same as I won't be swappung travelling to space with Nasa for a 2020 phd's rocket built in Carlow say

Thats a conspuracy theory
    World renouned scientists trump(pardon the pun) a minority of anti mask gp's or sugeons speaking out

I wont listen to those same as I won't be swappung travelling to space with Nasa for a 2020 phd's rocket built in Carlow say

You can use anything for a mask as it's not about safety it's about compliance.
    Our mask mandate wasn't implemented on the back of any science or on the advice of world renowned scientists, we did have a respected scientist warn our government cases could go up with a mask mandate and they did.

Anyway MM knows what's up, penny hasn't dropped with the flock just yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

Martin also broke the 5km rule in lockdown 1 by picking up clothes from his second house as I recall.

Our mask mandate wasn't implemented on the back of any science or on the advice of world renowned scientists, we did have a respected scientist warn our government cases could go up with a mask mandate and they did.

You can certainly use anything for a mask if you dont give a damn about covid 19
    You can also ignore things completely like Arklows parish priest and be on a ventilator for the past 2 months
    Yes you can most certainly take those risks

cheezums wrote: »
    Martin also broke the 5km rule in lockdown 1 by picking up clothes from his second house as I recall.

That would be the one built by the FF donor John Fleming, interesting to know what he paid for it. Everyone else barred from their holiday homes yet MM has taken up residence there, wonder where his current fixed abode is this weekend.

You can certainly use anything for a mask if you dont give a damn about covid 19
    You can also ignore things completely like Arklows parish priest and be on a ventilator for the past 2 months

Not sure what your trying to say here, the priest didn't follow the Government mandate to wear a face covering so he ended up on a ventilator for 2mts?
    Are you doubting the merits of the mandate?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

There is no evidence to support them

Better tell that to all those surgeons that wear them during operations...

Not sure what your trying to say here, the priest didn't follow the Government mandate to wear a face covering so he ended up on a ventilator for 2mts?

He never wore a mask and had to be practically restrained at a pre xmas communion event as he was hugging as many people as would let him
    Didnt believe in social distancing
    He carried on with symptoms for a week until an ambulance had to be called because he collapsed
    He's been on a ventilator since
    The church are staying silent on him because it doesnt play well with their open up the churches messge...
    I've zero tollerence for covidiodocy,so you can carry on ,we have to expect a minority not making an effort
    A few months to go before a majority are vaccinated thankfully

Better tell that to all those surgeons that wear them during operations...

We've one a regular at the sheebeen, there's a big difference between the corner shop and an operating theater. Ask a surgeon their opinion on healthy people as in not showing or feeling any symptoms wearing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

He never wore a mask and had to be practically restrained at a pre xmas communion event as he was hugging as many people as would let him
    He carried on with symptoms for a week until an ambulance had to be called because he collapsed
    The church are staying silent on him because it doesnt play well with their open up the churches messge...
    I've zero tollerence for covidiodocy,so you can carry on ,we have to expect a minority not making an effort

Mod

This isnt a mask thread. Get back on topic or stop posting in this thread.

So no early intervention to prevent onset of complications, thought as much.
    We make no effort to educate or prevent the illness progressing, we've now moved to the Vaccine is the answer while ignoring the cure.
    Majority won't be vaccinated well not the 80% of the population Kingston Mills claims is necessary, wait until they come after the children the whole plan falls apart then and we can't hit herd immunity without them.

• Advertisement

It became a work event when he was attending as Taoiseach
    A bit like when you marry your girlfriend they become your wife but they are also still your friend
    Ditto here,the event obviously has meaning as (unconfirmed but likely) he attends every year
    Baically events he attends become state business/official capacity by default
    Ergo this is a manufactured outrage facilitated by the grudge holding twosome that brought us other matters a bit fruitier than this

Does this only apply to the Taoiseach or other politicians also? Golfgate seems to imply that this does not apply to other politicians. Where are these rules written down?

Advertisement