Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭Allinall

GazzaL wrote: »
    NPHET are social and economic terrorists..

LOL
    GazzaL wrote: »
    Fianna Fáil are spineless.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Hooked

High time we took our lives back... Get out and live.

Here's my motto:
    Keep your distance, wash those hands and above all
    IGNORE the clueless clowns running the show.

I'm officially done.

PS
    Can't wait to have a few friends over for beers in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Anyone defending how our government has handled this needs to have a good word with themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,038 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I watch youtube videos from Tokyo, people going about their business, shops open, loads of crowds. All wearing masks, sure, but it can't just be that. And Japan has about 2000 cases a day. From a population of 130 million or so. Minuscule. We've been conned.

How has Japan kept its case numbers so low? We have 500-600 cases per day with restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

This situation is a disaster, I thought my 16 year old son was having a laugh when he told me last night that in three years of secondary school (junior cert cancelled for him this summer) he has only completed one full year…..first year….he missed the last term of second year summer 2020 and hasn’t been back to third year since December 2020 – the 18 year old has nearly finished her first year in University without even setting foot on campus….

They are all I have but I will be encouraging them in no uncertain terms to leave this country which I love as soon as ever they can because I see no future for them here, the backs of the young in this country will be broken and bowed for generations to come, paying for the disaster caused by the response of this so called Government, the zealots in NEPHET and the most useless opposition ever seen in the Dail

I’ve been working the whole way through this bloody disaster and I’m sick of the whole thing, the corruption, the lies, the failure of ministers, the attitudes of certain sectors of the public service, the cronyism invading the rollout of vaccines but most of all, the abject fear indoctrinated in some Irish people by the excuse for a media that we have here. My brother lives in South Africa, and believe me, he’s even gobsmacked by whats going on here.

So ****ing angry at this stage.

Same here, my daughter is nearly finished the year in a university she has never been to. No new friends, no practicals, never even seen the campus. The lectures and exams have been a joke. Her future is in another country, I’m sure of that.

• Advertisement

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lifting-lockdown-too-early-would-cause-covid-wave-lasting-until-summer-ministers-told-1103722.html

Some of the items of interest.........

April 12th: Extending the five-kilometre exercise limit to a county-wide limit; (The meeting saw the approval of plans to allow people to travel within their country or within a 20km radius of their home even if that crosses a county boundary from April 12th.)
    April 12th: Two fully vaccinated people permitted to meet indoors, and two households permitted to meet outdoors;
    April 12th: All school students will return to classrooms;
    April 12th: A partial resumption of construction will begin with the return of 5,000 home building workers;
    April 19th: The return of elite athletics and GAA;
    April 26th: Resuming some sporting activities including tennis, golf and under 18 training;
    April 26th: Reopening of zoos and heritage sites;
    May 4th: Reopening of museums and galleries;
    May: A phased return of personal services such as hairdressers, retail and click-and-collect services, and the remainder of construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Augeo wrote: »
    April 12th: Two fully vaccinated people permitted to meet indoors, .

Two. Not three. What clown is making these rules up? Either the vaccines work or they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

That's it exactly. Realistically it's always been about not overwhelming the health system. The need to avoid that scenario that was playing out in Bergamo and the fear of that ever happening here has probably driven their ultra Conservative approach. Decades of wasted funds, underspending on health care ect. has put them in a worse position than most other 1st World countries when it comes to easing restrictions since apparently our dreadful healthcare system can't deal with the potential increased capacities other countries can deal with. It's all a pretty horrible joke.

Fine, but what do they do between this year and last year over a full 12 months to increase capacity so that we could possibly have a higher threshold without killing our hospitals? NOTHING!

They continuously fail to pull other levers on this and be inventinve so you could protect the population, protect the hospitals AND let people have a little bit of life, instead they keep taking the easy option, for them.

We're doubly ****ed now because none of this shower have any chance of seeing the inside of Government for another 5 years after this which means the Shinners will romp home and anyone earning more than 40K a year will absolutely get raped in taxes for God knows how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

wadacrack wrote: »
    "We have hope, we have vaccines on the way"

This aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How has Japan kept its case numbers so low? We have 500-600 cases per day with restrictions.

I would guess a lot of it is down to the mentality of the 2 peoples?

I'd say Japanese people are more inclined to listen to their Gov and health authorities and do what they are told.

Too many Irish people would be more inclined to say "feck that" and do what they want.
    And don't forget the population density in Japan, they should have multiples of what we have, considering so much of Ireland is very rural.

Just a theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Two. Not three. What clown is making these rules up? Either the vaccines work or they don't

Shows you that they still want to have control over us. Hence why there's still no word on being able to stop wearing the masks even after we're fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

That’s insanely late for click and collect, I don’t understand the argument against it - it’s just driving everyone into the big chain stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Multipass wrote: »
    That’s insanely late for click and collect, I don’t understand the argument against it - it’s just driving everyone into the big chain stores.

Retailer shouldn't accept click and collect at this stage, if Tesco & Co aren't a major source of infection all retail should be open. It's complete nonsense we can't buy clothes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

NIMAN wrote: »
    I would guess a lot of it is down to the mentality of the 2 peoples?

I'd say Japanese people are more inclined to listen to their Gov and health authorities and do what they are told.

Too many Irish people would be more inclined to say "feck that" and do what they want.
    And don't forget the population density in Japan, they should have multiples of what we have, considering so much of Ireland is very rural.

Just a theory?

Fwiw the following study showed enormous spread of covid19 in Japan.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.21.20198796v1

I focused on something Japan, Thailand, Africa and China had in common and emailed the government with our work. We got a polite PFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Hooked wrote: »
    High time we took our lives back... Get out and live.

Here's my motto:
    Keep your distance, wash those hands and above all
    IGNORE the clueless clowns running the show.

I'm officially done.

PS
    Can't wait to have a few friends over for beers in the sun.

Really? And will all those friends having those beers in the sun also be following your motto?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Shows you that they still want to have control over us. Hence why there's still no word on being able to stop wearing the masks even after we're fully vaccinated.

I thought the vaccines just stop the severe sides of covid, but don't stop you actually getting or spreading covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,145 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

NaFirinne wrote: »
    I thought the vaccines just stop the severe sides of covid, but don't stop you actually getting or spreading covid.

The evidence is building that the vaccines prevent transmission, as well as sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

NaFirinne wrote: »

Much like the Asympomatic bull**** [tricking healthy people into thinking they're actually sick] that's a scam to try and keep this going for as long as possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Retailer shouldn't accept click and collect at this stage, if Tesco & Co aren't a major source of infection all retail should be open. It's complete nonsense we can't buy clothes etc.

Didn't you know the new variant is clever enough to know not to get you if your shopping in Tesco but will strike you down and send you straight to the ICU if you're in Penny's it lurks in the womens underwear section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Hooked

Really? And will all those friends having those beers in the sun also be following your motto?

All those friends will be keeping their distance, drinking outdoors. Getting on with life...

And I said it was MY motto to ignore the clowns running the country.

Not all adults need to be told how to behave during a pandemic. Some of us can decide for ourselves where the line is between risk and reward. And others blindly follow the man on da telly - which is their right.

• Advertisement

House prices jump 8% in 12 months as a supply falls by a third. In the journal this morning.

Great idea to close construction for so long...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

An even better idea is to offer first time buyers grants to purchase, so they can further out bid each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Much like the Asympomatic bull**** [tricking healthy people into thinking they're actually sick] that's a scam to try and keep this going for as long as possible.

WTF are you on about? If you want to stop the spread of the virus, we have to identify asymptomatic people. It's quite likely they are one of the biggest spreaders.

Yes they might not feel sick, but they are endangering others. No one wants to be the reason that dozens are infected, get actual symptoms, and have a risk of dying.

No one wants this situation going as long as possible, but one of the best ways to stop it sooner is to track and isolate the virus rather than the symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

WTF are you on about? If you want to stop the spread of the virus, we have to identify asymptomatic people. It's quite likely they are one of the biggest spreaders.

Yes they might not feel sick, but they are endangering others. No one wants to be the reason that dozens are infected, get actual symptoms, and have a risk of dying.

No one wants this situation going as long as possible, but one of the best ways to stop it sooner is to track and isolate the virus rather than the symptoms.

You're wasting your time. Some people are just that self absorbed that they can only see what they want and will do whatever they want. They justify as some sort of epiphany but the reality is they are all just pricks putting their own selfish desires ahead of the health of the nation.

Our tracing system is useless and we have no interest in regional restrictions or trying to live with Covid. So identifying cases doesn’t really achieve much.

It’s blanket lockdown until people are vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If 80% or so of the population still support total lockdown then even if click n collect, sport facilities etc opened up, these people would remain at home, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,038 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

If 80% or so of the population still support total lockdown then even if click n collect, sport facilities etc opened up, these people would remain at home, right?

I’d say most people will play to the rules. So if click and collect etc. is allowed, they’d probably use it if they need to. What’s your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Careful, you might stray into the question of personal responsibility, which is an awkward question that a lot of people don't want to talk about.
    House prices jump 8% in 12 months as a supply falls by a third. In the journal this morning.

Oh I do look forward to all the wailing and crying about other social issues that we are going to be subjected to when the covid monster runs dry.

Mental health, homelessness, recessions, they are going to remember about all those things and start asking me to pay for them again.

I think my sympathy is going to be lacking. People wanted this, they can have it, don't cry to me about the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Remember when the WHO said Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is 'very rare' then some vested interest got angry on twitter so they backtracked within a few hours and now healthy people are deemed a major source of transmission even though the science never changed.

Anyone I know who got Covid it came from a sick person or being in an environment like a hospital, any asymptomatic person I know did not spread it to the rest of their household.

Asymptomatic = Healthy, no symptoms.

The real selfish people are the ones demanding control over how other people live and what they do with their body. This will become even more apparent as vaccine supply increases and these same people are cheering for apartheid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,298 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

these same people are cheering for apartheid.

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement