Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Faugheen wrote: »
    Women's 1500m final was such a mess

Ugliest race I've ever seen, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Wottle

Women's 1500m final was such a mess

Archer does not play well with others, on at least 3 occasions she nearly brought the field down.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ciara Mageean in any sort of form wins gold here

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Wottle wrote: »
    Archer does not play well with others, on at least 3 occasions she nearly brought the field down.

she was lucky she didn't go off the track, trying the inside lane all the time.
    the spainard was worse, elbows flying everywhere if someone tried to go by and quicken it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

EC1000 wrote: »
    U20 championship record?

It’s recorded as a EU20R on their results but they list his 1:46:13 as his seasons best.

A very scrappy women’s 1,500. I want expecting Archer to be DQ’ed she was pushing and shoving a bit. She was running into spaces that’s event there.

Hang on the BEEB reporting she has been disqualified plus one of the Spaniards. Appeal on the way I’m sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Bosse with the most French looking moustache ever grown.

Precisement! Recalls Jean Dujardin in The Artist.

Caprica wrote: »
    It’s recorded as a EU20R on their results but they list his 1:46:13 as his seasons best.

A very scrappy women’s 1,500. I want expecting Archer to be DQ’ed she was pushing and shoving a bit.

https://twitter.com/Pierceathletics/status/1368270783429152769?s=19

DQ’ED now

one of ths spainards dq too was that the one elbowing and pusing anyone trying to go by at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Indoor racing is gone sterile :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Is medalling not a bit optimistic for Healy? 4 of the other 5 athletes have better SBs than her.

Twice Healy tried to make a move and it was checked off on both occasions. Such a shame because she absolutely could have won bronze there.

fook. i was sure williams was gonna tie up.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

1st 1st 4th - a truly Irish performance.

Gold, 50.6s, 21 years of age. Bol is a beast.

Unlucky for Phil. 4th and a new PB. I didn’t think Williams would be a factor in Lane 1 but she ran a very aggressive first 200. Bol is very impressive, I wonder what she’ll do outdoors?

She has never run as fast as she did in the final.

What more do you expect?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Fastest she's ever run, can't ask for more from her.

Twice Healy tried to make a move and it was checked off on both occasions. Such a shame because she absolutely could have won bronze there.

Don’t agree with the RTE studio enthusiasm. Healy was bullied out of it positionally in a race she had the pace to medal in. Has to be more assertive in future I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Ridiculous comment. She ran a PB in the final. What do you want her to do?

• Advertisement

Delighted for Healy but the difference was Williams from Lane 1 getting to the break ahead of her. There was a medal there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

She ran a brilliant race, unfortunately not getting a medal but I think she gave it her all & got a PB in a final. Not really a lot more you could ask of anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

PB. The girl gave it her all...

walshb wrote: »
    PB. The girl gave it her all...

3 decent 400 out doors and she will be an olympian in 2 events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Delighted for Healy but the difference was Williams from Lane 1 getting to the break ahead of her. There was a medal there for sure.

Phil Healy did so well, setting a new PB in that environment. Williams was the surprise package. On another day, Phil could have taken the bronze.

Femke Bol is unreal. I reckon she’s already capable of a sub-50 400m outdoors. I can’t remember the last European woman to achieve that. Maybe Antonina Krivoshapka?

jamule wrote: »
    3 decent 400 out doors and she will be an olympian in 2 events.

She’ll need a very good run to qualify

51:3 is QT

I didn’t realise Bol is actually a 400 hurdler. She’ll be a real threat in that event in Tokyo with that flat speed. The Dutch have a lot of athletes coming through. Krivoshapka was sub 50, along with a few other Russians, but they have all since serve doping bans. So it’s not a fair comparison.

walshb wrote: »
    She’ll need a very good run to qualify

51:3 is QT

Ranking points baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

DQ’ED now

She's been reinstated to silver after appeal.
    Surprised at that. Seemed to try and barge through on the inside when there was no gap.

• Advertisement

jamule wrote: »
    Ranking points baby.

Of course!!!

Covid games!!

Advertisement