Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Driving testers RSA 2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Nala112

I got through also to the next round not sure what to expect, the only thing I would be worried about would be the rsa test, I have a rigid licence and done my test 5 years ago. I know I would pass the normal driving test now if I was to do it but they say its a higher standard than the normal car, has anyone done this before that isn't an instructor?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BinxFace

I was wondering the same thing about the Role Play sessions coming up? Has anyone done this before ( pre covid I believe this was done in hotels somewhere presumably in bigger groups )

I wonder how many it has been whittled down to now at this point?

I would assume the driving test would be very tough for the next stage. Surely an extremely high standard would be expected. Which would be difficult enough for people considering a lot of people have their licences for many many years I'm sure.

Interested to hear anyone's previous experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Not sure what the role play will be like.

I guess it's a case of thinking of what possible scenarios they could give you (e.g. having to tell someone they failed and them being difficult about it) and preparing for it that way.

Driving test - that's the bit that worries me as well. I'm sure I have picked up a billion bad habits over the years. Under normal circumstances I would go out and get myself a few lessons but obviously that is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fergiec

Nala112 wrote: »
    I got through also to the next round not sure what to expect, the only thing I would be worried about would be the rsa test, I have a rigid licence and done my test 5 years ago. I know I would pass the normal driving test now if I was to do it but they say its a higher standard than the normal car, has anyone done this before that isn't an instructor?

They are not looking for Rigid testers just car testers. I also have a Rigid licence and a coach ( full D) licence and I specifically asked about this at the end of the interview as I thought it may put me ahead of other candidates but the man from the RSA said something like you have to be there for 5 years or more before being trained to test for Rigid/bus.

Through to the next stage anyway have the assessment as others have mentioned next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Blackeyemac

Last time the interview and role play / scenario assessment was on the same day so everyone that had an interview had assessment too.
    Wondering this time around, if the first part (interview) is a knockout stage by itself or is everyone interviewed going to assessment stage?

• Advertisement

Last time the interview and role play / scenario assessment was on the same day so everyone that had an interview had assessment too.
    Wondering this time around, if the first part (interview) is a knockout stage by itself or is everyone interviewed going to assessment stage?

A friend of mine got a PFO e mail and is definitely not proceeding to the Role Play round so I guess they have used the interviews as knock outs this time round based on your experience.

What's involved with the Role play aspect? Is it the candidate and 2 RSA people playing the clients? Or is it a group of candidates on the screen at the same time perhaps??

BinxFace wrote: »
    A friend of mine got a PFO e mail and is definitely not proceeding to the Role Play round so I guess they have used the interviews as knock outs this time round based on your experience.

What's involved with the Role play aspect? Is it the candidate and 2 RSA people playing the clients? Or is it a group of candidates on the screen at the same time perhaps??

Only know how it went down in the face to face situation.. there was group exercises, about 6 or 8 brought in together, RSA guy held up his pen (Bic biro) and asked us all to discuss it. (Yeah I know 🥴)
    Then individually into another room, two RSA and an actor. Mine was pretending to be foreign and not understanding properly but I was told to be suspicious that it was a ploy. Hard part was that actor was to my left and when looking at him I couldn't see the RSA guys. Couldn't sense their reaction.

Only know how it went down in the face to face situation.. there was group exercises, about 6 or 8 brought in together, RSA guy held up his pen (Bic biro) and asked us all to discuss it. (Yeah I know 🥴)
    Then individually into another room, two RSA and an actor. Mine was pretending to be foreign and not understanding properly but I was told to be suspicious that it was a ploy. Hard part was that actor was to my left and when looking at him I couldn't see the RSA guys. Couldn't sense their reaction.

Wow that sounds tough enough now alright! Did you proceed past that stage and onto the driving test stage? Do you know anyone who was successful and became a driving tester?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Jesus that sounds like a lot of trouble for a job, is this a permanent position, I thought it was only a temporary thing. it probably would be a cushy enough job alright I would say they would have great stories to tell. Don't think I would be great at it, don't think i could fail anyone.

• Advertisement

Wow that sounds tough enough now alright! Did you proceed past that stage and onto the driving test stage? Do you know anyone who was successful and became a driving tester?

Haa yeah, was tricky alright, yer man's pen got a great talking about.. ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒
    I did get through alright yo the driving test stage thats where I went down unfortunately although they say nobody fails just some do better.. At the time there was snow piled high from snow ploughs (2018) , reduced lanes and hard to see road markings. Couldn't get any lessons before hand either.
    Format of it was everyone was assigned two examiners, started with a series of questions (theory test type) and then out to carpark for car check, then off for a drive. Make the mistake of hitting a speed bump too hard. Everything else was ok as far as I noticed but didn't get a panel place.

Did anyone have there role play yet? How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bonesaw

I have the role play on Wednesday eve. Would appreciate a heads up from anyone that has it over the next couple of days. It's a pretty long process for a panel position. The RSA guy told me at the interview that positions were offered according to final position. So the panel is ranked, if the position is in Cavan, it is offered to the highest ranking panel member in that area.

bonesaw wrote: »
    I have the role play on Wednesday eve. Would appreciate a heads up from anyone that has it over the next couple of days. It's a pretty long process for a panel position. The RSA guy told me at the interview that positions were offered according to final position. So the panel is ranked, if the position is in Cavan, it is offered to the highest ranking panel member in that area.

That's good to know though.. at least it will be offered to highest ranked person close to the test center as opposed to a random panel person from Louth for example being offered a position in Sligo etc. The old process made no sense.

I would be interested to hear how the next round goes for people. It sure does seem like a very long process for people to end up on a panel with no guarantee of a job.

Very best of luck to everyone with their Role Play tasks.

bonesaw wrote: »

Hi Bonesaw - how did your role play thing go this evening? Was it tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SueEllen80

Hi Bonesaw - how did your role play thing go this evening? Was it tough?

How did the roleplay go? 🀗🙈

SueEllen80 wrote: »
    How did the roleplay go? 🀗🙈

Hi Sue Ellen I didn't advance to the role play stage. I was just curious to know how the rest of the candidates got on? And how the rest of the process went.

Did you have your role play?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 furrylegs

Hi Guys just wondering if anyone did the role play and how it went?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭patrickc

I had the roleplay today.

I found it grand. I had an anxious driver who was nervous to do her test, then in the second part she failed and wasn't happy she had done so.

I had three situations I was asked about then and what would I do as a tester?

all in all it was about 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 furrylegs

Mine was the same not as bad as I taught it would be fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pridedemon

Has anyone been invited to the next phase yet?

Haven't heard anything yet. I would say it will be next week at the latest if some were still been done last week

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amolon01

Got a phone call today. Driving test in Mullingar next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jenningso

amolon01 wrote: »
    Got a phone call today. Driving test in Mullingar next Wednesday.

Best of luck. Were you given a choice of dates for the driving test?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amolon01

jenningso wrote: »
    Best of luck. Were you given a choice of dates for the driving test?
    They asked what days next week I was available and the day that suited me was OK with them also. It’s a one hour driving test including questions.

Has anyone progressed past the Role Play / scenarios level? Heard back re going forward for driving test yet?

Are you from Mullingar or do you have to travel there?

Just got my call there now have my test next week in Mullingar as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DAK69

Got a call earlier as well, driving test next week in mullingar. I’m at the top of Donegal so plenty of driving practice by the time I get down.

Advertisement