Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Driving testers RSA 2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Nala112

Yea good to take the positive from it! did they provide you with any feedback? Or was it generic wording?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amolon01

Nala112 wrote: »
    Yea good to take the positive from it! did they provide you with any feedback? Or was it generic wording?
    Generic but you can request feedback and they will ring you back and let you know if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Padman225

amolon01 wrote: »
    Generic but you can request feedback and they will ring you back and let you know if you wish.

Just got the same email at 430pm . Generic as well, i might ask for feedback but sure...... I wonder how many got through. Best of luck who ever got further

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fergiec

I also failed according to the email received. I was not going to ask for feedback but I'm a bit annoyed about it as I thought the test went very well and I also have a lot of driving experience and hold a number of other licences on top of the car licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 camki

fergiec wrote: »
    I also failed according to the email received. I was not going to ask for feedback but I'm a bit annoyed about it as I thought the test went very well and I also have a lot of driving experience and hold a number of other licences on top of the car licence.

I think most of us felt the test went well, but to pass it I think they were looking for an exceptional result. Hard luck, it was a pain to receive the email today.

• Advertisement

Did you all get the email around 4pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BinxFace

Sorry guys for anyone disappointed with the PFO today. Bummer after the months invested to get this far. I would absolutely be looking for feedback as to why I wouldn't be progressing too.

What is the next stage after the driving test does anyone know? Is it a place on the panel at this stage?? Or medical first and then panel place?

I assume you just sit on the panel then until how ever long it takes for a position / offer to open up??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Did anyone get good news today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HighFlyR

I also got the PFO email. 4:33pm yesterday. Its a bit odd that nobody here got through.
    My examiner didn't make any small talk at all, not even a good morning or nice weather. I just referred to him as Mr personality to other half when she asked how I got on.
    Best of luck to anyone who got through to the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I've not heard anything either way yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 bonesaw

I've not heard anything either way yet

I haven't heard anything. Hopefully we will be notified either way today.

bonesaw wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything. Hopefully we will be notified either way today.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another load of PFO's sent out today.

I'd say the ones yesterday are lads that failed the test, I'd say today they will contact the top 40 and if there is refusals then offer them to the next outside the top 40 once all accepted the people who passed but aren't in the top 40 will get the PFO, there would be little point in advising someone they didn't make it to the next stage and then call them back to offer them a position because someone refused it. Wouldn't be very professional

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Nala112 wrote: »
    I'd say the ones yesterday are lads that failed the test, I'd say today they will contact the top 40 and if there is refusals then offer them to the next outside the top 40 once all accepted the people who passed but aren't in the top 40 will get the PFO, there would be little point in advising someone they didn't make it to the next stage and then call them back to offer them a position because someone refused it. Wouldn't be very professional

Exactly that - there will for sure be another set of PFO's once the required number of positions have been offered and accepted.

Anyone get a PFO e mail today??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pridedemon

BinxFace wrote: »
    Anyone get a PFO e mail today??

No I haven't heard anything yet. I've been keeping an eye on my emails all day.

same nothing yet maybe monday guys. Hopefully

Well just going on 5pm now so I think I could say with reasonable confidence that maybe they'll only be starting the process next week. Maybe they'll allow people to look over the contracts and make up their minds before accepting an answer. Trying to call everyone on a Friday and get their answer sorted might be too short notice. I might be just trying to convince myself this is the truth either haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭kerryjack

What's the pay like for these new testers I hope it's good for all the hoops they are putting ye through. It would want to be up on 40k a year anyway.

kerryjack wrote: »
    What's the pay like for these new testers I hope it's good for all the hoops they are putting ye through. It would want to be up on 40k a year anyway.

Starts at 38k per annum and upwards then over the years. As this recruitment campaign is for an initial 22 month contract I'd assume its 38k for the duration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭kerryjack

BinxFace wrote: »
    Starts at 38k per annum and upwards then over the years. As this recruitment campaign is for an initial 22 month contract I'd assume its 38k for the duration.

I presume they would be good expenses with it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Blackeyemac

........and I'm out.🙄
    Got the 'Thanks but no thanks'
    email earlier. Ah well, best wishes
    to all still on the merry-go-round,
    Hope it works out well.

........and I'm out.🙄
    Got the 'Thanks but no thanks'
    email earlier. Ah well, best wishes
    to all still on the merry-go-round,
    Hope it works out well.

Did you get that email today or yesterday?

Pridedemon wrote: »
    Did you get that email today or yesterday?

This evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ayzeb123

My Husband also got the email yesterday saying didn't get through. He was quite surprised as believed the test went very well. I suppose its a matter of opinion. He's Not too disappointed as the 7 week training was a pain and he would have to leave a permanent job for a temp contract. Good luck to anyone that got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Padman225

fergiec wrote: »
    I also failed according to the email received. I was not going to ask for feedback but I'm a bit annoyed about it as I thought the test went very well and I also have a lot of driving experience and hold a number of other licences on top of the car

I thought the same, that the test went well. I'm driving for years and like you a few licences but sure it's a matter of opinion I suppose.

Padman I also hold a few licences but unless you get lessons you will fail it. I was driving 2 mins and failed with the hynes instructor. There is loads you have to pull off on the day to pass and if you are driving years and didn't get lessons before hand you are at a massive disadvantage in my opinion

Just out of curiosity, anyone of the opinion that being excluded at this stage might not be down to just the driving test but a combination of results from throughout the whole process?

Just out of curiosity, anyone of the opinion that being excluded at this stage might not be down to just the driving test but a combination of results from throughout the whole process?

I had wondered that. Would your driving test result be considered together with how you did at all the other stages or is it a simple knockout at the final stage. The best in the driving test go through regardless of performance at the other stages.

Fully agree on the driving lesson point. I have passed all the tests from the motorbike to the artic in the last 20 years but really had my eyes opened during the lesson I got beforehand. He got me to drive around for 20 mins and told me I would've failed the standard test.

• Advertisement

Best of luck everyone hopefully today is the day

Advertisement