Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Driving testers RSA 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭savic04

Padman225 wrote: »
    Well had the test today, it was ok a lot of roundabouts big ones small ones, all kinds of speed limits. I think I did ok but we will see. There is two weeks of this test going on. All this week and all next week. No questions on signs just your normal stuff like operating the windscreen wipers etc.

Did they give any indication on Roles ?

If recruiting is same as before it's going to be a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Padman225

savic04 wrote: »
    Did they give any indication on Roles ?

If recruiting is same as before it's going to be a waste

All I was told today was Mcnioclas the recruitment company would be in touch with the results. I suppose we did good to get this far but if they are testing all this week and next with 7 being tested every hour and a half if not more 🀔 I would say there is s lot more than 200. Ok paddy's day is out so 9 days in total.

I do understand, a waste if you are offered a role , then have to move for seven weeks and after 22 months you are out the door. It doesn't make much sense to spend so much public money to repeat the process twice within 5 years. I guess they have a plan. I wonder what did happen to the previous testers???

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BinxFace

All I was told today was Mcnioclas the recruitment company would be in touch with the results. I suppose we did good to get this far but if they are testing all this week and next with 7 being tested every hour and a half if not more 🀔 I would say there is s lot more than 200. Ok paddy's day is out so 9 days in total.

I do understand, a waste if you are offered a role , then have to move for seven weeks and after 22 months you are out the door. It doesn't make much sense to spend so much public money to repeat the process twice within 5 years. I guess they have a plan. I wonder what did happen to the previous testers???

Surely to God some of the testers hired from the 2018 recruitment were kept on? I mean, the demand and backlog for tests must be massive now especially since covid and restrictions etc. Hard to imagine going through all this for nothing really isn't it??

I wonder from the 200 who have gotten this far, how many will be left after the driving tests?? What's the next step? Medical is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bonesaw

BinxFace wrote: »
    Surely to God some of the testers hired from the 2018 recruitment were kept on? I mean, the demand and backlog for tests must be massive now especially since covid and restrictions etc. Hard to imagine going through all this for nothing really isn't it??

I wonder from the 200 who have gotten this far, how many will be left after the driving tests?? What's the next step? Medical is it?

What's the 7 week thing. Is there a 7 week training process? If so, where is it?

bonesaw wrote: »
    What's the 7 week thing. Is there a 7 week training process? If so, where is it?

You need to go through 7 weeks of training , from what I can tell they use Cork , Tallaght and Limerick a lot for this .

Then you would be headquartered or offered an area. I spoke to a few people who are in tbe know and they said , rarely get anywhere close to home and panel is so big that they always have people to fill roles

But also that's is near on impossible to get a full time role from it

• Advertisement

You need to go through 7 weeks of training , from what I can tell they use Cork , Tallaght and Limerick a lot for this .

Then you would be headquartered or offered an area. I spoke to a few people who are in tbe know and they said , rarely get anywhere close to home and panel is so big that they always have people to fill roles

But also that's is near on impossible to get a full time role from it

Well from what you said there it sums it all up really. But to be honest it's such a waste to put everyone through all this campaign and then do it again in five years. Gas really , only in ireland. Let's hope we all get through, then we will have a decision to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭patrickc

I declined the test in the end, and got offered another job as it happened!

Good luck to all

Well had the test today, it was ok a lot of roundabouts big ones small ones, all kinds of speed limits. I think I did ok but we will see. There is two weeks of this test going on. All this week and all next week. No questions on signs just your normal stuff like operating the windscreen wipers etc.

Do you reckon I'd need a driving lesson before ? Bare in mind it's 20 years since I have a full lisence

Not sure I will take up the test so any info to sway one way or other.

Unfortunately I can't really leave my area to work for a long period , so taking a job in a different county makes no sense but I'd like to keep going with this now that I've made it this far I suppose

Do you reckon I'd need a driving lesson before ? Bare in mind it's 20 years since I have a full lisence

Not sure I will take up the test so any info to sway one way or other.

Unfortunately I can't really leave my area to work for a long period , so taking a job in a different county makes no sense but I'd like to keep going with this now that I've made it this far I suppose

Hi , I'm the same it was back in 2002 when I got my test. I suppose if I had the time I would have got a test from a instructor but between work and kids........ I did get herself to watch my driving and that helped. Id go for it and see what happens better to have to say no than to have say nothing to say no too.

Hi , I'm the same it was back in 2002 when I got my test. I suppose if I had the time I would have got a test from a instructor but between work and kids........ I did get herself to watch my driving and that helped. Id go for it and see what happens better to have to say no than to have say nothing to say no too.

I got a lesson and it helped a bit alright.

If you don't have time for a lesson I wouldn't worry. just remember to overdo the observation and watch the speed limits. There are 30, 50, 60 and 100 limits on the route. Give a spin around Mullingar beforehand if possible.

My test went on for about 70 mins in total. 10 mins inside beforehand and an hour on the road.

I found it to be more relaxed than the normal test. He told me to drive as I normally would and chatted when we were in traffic etc so don't worry too much about it.

There are tons of people being tested. Loads going in and out while I waited. 6/7 testers doing at least 5 a day for 8/9 days.

I don't know if it all down to this test or if people are marked on the whole process.

Best of luck to all going to Mullingar this coming week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 furrylegs

Hi Guys I have my test on Thursday, so I did a lesson this morning just to be aware of any habits I picked up over the years!!! Anyway the instructor pointed out to me that the insurance disc I have wouldn't pass on a normal test. My insurance company AIG email me my policy and disc which I had to print myself does anyone know if this will be an issue for our test or do they even check them.

furrylegs wrote: »
    Hi Guys I have my test on Thursday, so I did a lesson this morning just to be aware of any habits I picked up over the years!!! Anyway the instructor pointed out to me that the insurance disc I have wouldn't pass on a normal test. My insurance company AIG email me my policy and disc which I had to print myself does anyone know if this will be an issue for our test or do they even check them.

The checked mine and did a light check as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 camki

My docs is a printed disc and the tester never mentioned anything. I can't see it as an issue.

camki wrote: »
    My docs is a printed disc and the tester never mentioned anything. I can't see it as an issue.

Brilliant thanks for that camki

Hi all

Has anyone heard anything back?

Hi all

Has anyone heard anything back?

I was told at the test that we wouldnt hear till after all tests were completed. So next week at the earliest.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back this week, assuming all driving tests in Mullingar are now complete.

Has anyone on here gotten past this stage in a previous recruitment drive?? Is it an e mail or a phone call next about progressing etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Nala112

Phone call I was told by instructor. I'd say it will be rapid as there is alot of focus in the media the last few weeks

Nala112 wrote: »
    Phone call I was told by instructor. I'd say it will be rapid as there is alot of focus in the media the last few weeks

Ya hopefully they won't leave people waiting too much longer. It's such a long drawn out process as it is. An e mail must be a PFO so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yourmove

BinxFace wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back this week, assuming all driving tests in Mullingar are now complete.

Examiner mentioned to me that there is two days left of tests next week for people who couldn't make the last two weeks.
    Hopefully we will hear soon after that.

• Advertisement

Another option is to email collins mcnicholas to ask when they are expecting to contact people. I'd imagine it needs to be at the latest the first week of April as most will need to work a months notice, they want people trained by the end of June so they would want to have people starting the second week of May at the latest.

Another option is to email collins mcnicholas to ask when they are expecting to contact people. I'd imagine it needs to be at the latest the first week of April as most will need to work a months notice, they want people trained by the end of June so they would want to have people starting the second week of May at the latest.

I agree Nala112 they need to contact people by then. If I'm lucky enough to be offered a place im between two minds. But we will see. I wonder how much of a bearing will the driving test have on getting the post.

My tester said that it could be next week before we hear anything as they were testing Monday and Tuesday. Dont think I passed the test so won't be expecting a call!!!

My tester said that it could be next week before we hear anything as they were testing Monday and Tuesday. Dont think I passed the test so won't be expecting a call!!!

Why do you think you failed? You are allowed a few faults I believe. I think its marked the same as the normal test but you're just not allowed as many errors.
    I have no idea how I did. The tester didn't give any indication whatsoever. He didn't seem to write much on the sheet but 1 major error and he wouldn't need to write any more I guess.. So I don't know if that's a good or bad thing..

It's longer than the average driving test and you are pulled in 3 times and also it's 3 marks and you are gone. It's very easy to fail it. I got a lesson and for example of you stop behind a car at a junction and can't see the tyres of the car in front you are too close and that's a mark. Only for the lesson I would have failed on small things like that. the pulling in of the driver 3 times also is alot of observation for the driver and alot of indicator work so it's easy to accumulate 3 marks

It's longer than the average driving test and you are pulled in 3 times and also it's 3 marks and you are gone. It's very easy to fail it. I got a lesson and for example of you stop behind a car at a junction and can't see the tyres of the car in front you are too close and that's a mark. Only for the lesson I would have failed on small things like that. the pulling in of the driver 3 times also is alot of observation for the driver and alot of indicator work so it's easy to accumulate 3 marks

If it's that strict then I'm probably gone as well tbh..

I got a lesson with hynes before it and we were 2 mins driving and he pulled in, there is loads, if you are doing the 3 point turn look over your shoulder every 4 seconds make dramatic observations like turning your body so you are looking really observant, look over your shoulder and indicate while pulling off again, so easy to get marks lads, but in saying that the instructor seemed less harsh than the instructor for the lesson. maybe that is because I worked on what he said I don't know. Time will tell

bonesaw wrote: »
    Why do you think you failed? You are allowed a few faults I believe. I think its marked the same as the normal test but you're just not allowed as many errors.
    I have no idea how I did. The tester didn't give any indication whatsoever. He didn't seem to write much on the sheet but 1 major error and he wouldn't need to write any more I guess.. So I don't know if that's a good or bad thing..
    I hit the kerb when reversing think that's a straight fail on a test!!!

Hitting a kerb is a straight out fail guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 amolon01

Just got a PFO email. I had decided not to take it but am glad the decision was taken out of my hands all the same!

Advertisement