Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Driving testers RSA 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BinxFace

Nala112 wrote: »
    Best of luck everyone hopefully today is the day

Ya hopefully today or tomorrow candidate's will hear either way. Surely more PFOs to come by e mail but perhaps after phone calls are made to successful candidates that accept the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jayo94

I received an email a short time ago stating I passed the driving test. How I don't know, I was convinced I didn't do very well. They said the RSA are taking on 40 people, I'm not in the 40 but on a panel. So maybe if you still haven't got a response you are in the top 40.

It also said panel ranking is achieved from candidate’s performance on previous recruitment stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pridedemon

I got an email just now saying my place in the panel. They're offering jobs to the top 40 which unfortunately I'm not in but I'm still in with a chance if enough people decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bonesaw

Pridedemon wrote: »
    I got an email just now saying my place in the panel. They're offering jobs to the top 40 which unfortunately I'm not in but I'm still in with a chance if enough people decline.

I just got the same.. On the panel but outside the top 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Likewise, outside the top 40 as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 yourmove

Got the email too..also outside the top 40

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BinxFace

Wonder will many / any inside the top 40 turn down the offer!!!! The 22 month contract could put a lot of people off. Interesting process the whole thing.

Congrats to all who placed on the panel.

BinxFace wrote: »
    Wonder will many / any inside the top 40 turn down the offer!!!! The 22 month contract could put a lot of people off. Interesting process the whole thing.

Congrats to all who placed on the panel.

Maybe 4/5 at most.. Its a long way to go in a process if you were unsure.. Id say the people that did that well in the process and passed the test will most likely take up the position.

There may be a possibility that the RSA will decide to take on more testers because of the back log.

I'm above the 50 mark though so I I'd say that's it for me..even if I was offered a position, the chances of it being local to me would be slim.

Anyone below the 50 mark should still have some hope though.. All it takes is a 4/5 people to decline and a couple of more positions to be announced.

Congrats and Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Manic2020

It would be good to know if they picked the top 40 based on locations i.e there is someone picked for each location. If that is not the case and they picked the best there could be a lot of more openings.

Manic2020 wrote: »
    It would be good to know if they picked the top 40 based on locations i.e there is someone picked for each location. If that is not the case and they picked the best there could be a lot of more openings.

That just occurred to me as well.. Ie 2 positions in an area but 4/5 people in the top 40 from that area.. If the lower numbers on the panel won't travel it will free up positions..

• Advertisement

bonesaw wrote: »
    That just occurred to me as well.. Ie 2 positions in an area but 4/5 people in the top 40 from that area.. If the lower numbers on the panel won't travel it will free up positions..

Yes if for example there is 4 from Leitrim and none from Cork they could go well down the list to get someone to cover that position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Nala112

I am very close to the top 40, just wondering if anyone heard today who has been successful, I wonder will that be done from today or later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Blackeyemac

Well done Nala112...

I am very close to the top 40, just wondering if anyone heard today who has been successful, I wonder will that be done from today or later in the week

Well done.. If all the e mails went out today which it seems they did, you'd imagine the calls will prob start this afternoon..

Also guys I read the campaign again the other day and it mentioned this panel may be used for future recruitment and they are trying to sign off on 40 more people so it will only be a matter of time before we are called in my opinion

Also guys I read the campaign again the other day and it mentioned this panel may be used for future recruitment and they are trying to sign off on 40 more people so it will only be a matter of time before we are called in my opinion

It said on my email that should acquirement arise for additional driver testers the RSA will be in contact but this is probably in all emails. I am just outside the top 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Padman225

Well done Nalla112, and all who did well, I hope ye all get an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jimza

Anybody been told they are in the top 40 yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andyocal

No reply yet. I may not be accepting it though if offered based on my contract in my current job and the short uncertain nature of the Rsa contract. So people might bump up the list yet. Stay positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cr2118

Has anyone in the top 40 declined there offer of employment ?

• Advertisement

cr2118 wrote: »
    Has anyone in the top 40 declined there offer of employment ?

I have just declined as the location didn’t suit. The options were far from where I’m based. It seemed to be a first come first serve basis rather than by location of the candidates.

What was the location?also where are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jayo94

Jimza wrote: »
    I have just declined as the location didn’t suit. The options were far from where I’m based. It seemed to be a first come first serve basis rather than by location of the candidates.

Fair play for getting an offer, sorry it didn't suit! A Stupid way to go about it if you ask me if your location is not considered.

What was the location?also where are you from?

There were about 8 locations. The closest was about an was over an hour and a half away.

Any near the midlands?

Any near the midlands?

Thurles I think. Couple near Dublin couple near cork can’t remember the rest.

Jimza if you refuse are you gone or are you included for the next recruitment?

Jimza if you refuse are you gone or are you included for the next recruitment?

No they said that if further positions were needed in different areas they would contact. Whether they will now I don’t know.
    Luckily I’m not stuck for work though because I think I would be a long time waiting.

Jimza wrote: »
    No they said that if further positions were needed in different areas they would contact. Whether they will now I don’t know.
    Luckily I’m not stuck for work though because I think I would be a long time waiting.

Well done. Sorry it didn't suit.

It seems a strange way to go about it. To expect people to travel or relocate.

Surely they could have gotten applicants to select which areas were acceptable at some stage along the way.

Any idea what number you were in the 40?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 cr2118

Thats not good to hear... sorry. It was an ordeal to get that far

Advertisement