Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,453 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Gamestop now at $55. :mad:
    Seriously, what price would it be worth buying at?
    Some people made money on it, I'd say more got/are going to get burned.
    I've stayed well away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Fair value is 15-20 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

crushproof wrote: »
    Not sure if it was here that it was posted previously but DSG Global, which is getting involved in the EV market has had a great day. Up over 25%.

I got in initially with a tiny holding, pure gamble, at 33c before it rocketed to 1.36. Dropped back and bought more at 1.02 before it reached a low of 73c so glad to see rising again today. Some great prospects, diverse business with its finger in a lot of pies.

I'd totally forgot I had it in my portfolio until I happened to see the 122% return figure afew mins ago lol. 6000shares of it, I actually seriously thought about selling half but the market was just closed ha. Any reasons for today's pop, Doesn't seem to be much news?

Revolut is pissing me off now, I know I've lost money thanks, stop spamming me and being so judgemental :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Revolut is pissing me off now, I know I've lost money thanks, stop spamming me and being so judgemental :mad:

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

They just want you to sell sell sell, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Dollar finally appears to be out of its downtrend which its been in since the feds started printing dollars last march, the eur/dollar at 1.19 now (hit a low of 1.23). very useful if your portfolio is mostly in dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

jams100 wrote: »
    Started a position in skillz (SKLZ) today.

An egaming company that went public via a SPAC on the 19th of Dec.

Skillz provides a platform to turn any mobile game on iOS and Android into a game you can play with friends or strangers for cash, prizes, or points.

Market Cap 7 billion

- 30 million players and 20k developers
    - 2.7 million monthly active users
    - 2 billion tournaments per year
    - Revenue grew 91% to $162.4 million during the nine month period of 2020
    - Gross profit grew 89% to $153.6 million during the nine month period of 2020
    - Gross margin was 95% during the nine month period of 2020 (Never seen such a high figure)
    - Spending a lot on sales and marketing but they have no long term debt
    - Average time spent by gamers on Skillz is twice the industry average at 62 mins per day
    - On the advisory board is Trip Hawkins the co founder of EA Sports
    - CEO is Andrew Paradise who founded AisleBuyer and sold it to Intuit for between 80 and $100m
    - 90% of their revenues come from North America but international market is four times larger

I'm not a massive gamer myself but I know from reading up and talking with others how big Egaming is becoming, this is probably a more risky investment than I would normally make but given the potential returns and the growth that is coming in egaming I think this is worth the risk.

Risks? They have very little competition at the moment and when covid ends will it effect the time spent by users on the platform?

Skillz now up over 110% since I mentioned it. Hope a few people got it, one of the better ones I've mentioned for sure.

I'm probably going to trim it soon, its trading at ~50 * 2020 earnings now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

My plan is to hold the 1.5 shares I have for at least 4 weeks and see where we are then. At that stage when/if I crystalize the loss I can carry it forward to offset against any future capital gain! :pac:

Crystallise the loss, a dangerous phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

$AbbV doing well! Happy with my purchase of 40 shares at $102. Anyone heard about the new ARK etf in the pipeline? Could the likes of Virgin Galactic + the others be the next Tesla? Interesting times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Skillz now up over 110% since I mentioned it. Hope a few people got it, one of the better ones I've mentioned for sure.

They've announced a mobile esports partnership with NFL today.

Is that the 10% loss notification. I think they have to do that by law.
    Timmaay wrote: »
    Dollar finally appears to be out of its downtrend which its been in since the feds started printing dollars last march, the eur/dollar at 1.19 now (hit a low of 1.23). very useful if your portfolio is mostly in dollars.

It's great, have been seeing nice gains each morning. Long may it last. Go, slow Joe!!!

AMC getting close to fair value in $5s. Might overshoot downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

AMC getting close to fair value in $5s. Might overshoot downwards.

Yawn

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Yawn

Sorry? Past your bedtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Time to open a short position? Do you see much of a correction if your retreating...

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Timmaay wrote: »

Is that not bad for us? As in exchanging dollar back to euro you'll lose out?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Is that not bad for us? As in exchanging dollar back to euro you'll lose out?

No as the dollar strengthens, the better it is if you have dollars to exchange. Say it went from 1.19:1 to 1:1, instead of giving up $1.19 to get a euro, you're only giving up $1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭riddles

not a share recommendation but worth saying - there is def something shady going on here. it seems to span accross Reddit, Twitter and discord. esp in crypto. like last night there was a pump call into SKY crypto at 2100GMT(looks to be someone [in this case] in the UK)and once you buy it you go onto social media and promote it. there is a few people using these tatics to profit gain from..it might be how GME share price took off

Red squares on Reddit most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

How did you buy these??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

Time to open a short position? Do you see much of a correction if your retreating...

No interest in shorting, the potential for unlimited losses doesn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

$AbbV doing well! Happy with my purchase of 40 shares at $102. Anyone heard about the new ARK etf in the pipeline? Could the likes of Virgin Galactic + the others be the next Tesla? Interesting times.

The next Tesla. what actually have Tesla done apart from promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,453 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This is an interesting one. I've been looking at Gfinity the past 8 or 9 months and it's in a similiar area.
    The company is yet to make a profit but some noise about some appointments there in the past year or so an some changes in direction with a hope to make a profit this current quarter.
    There have beens some big percentage jumps in share price over the past few weeks.
    EDIT: Not suggesting it as a share pick at this point - think the value may have been getting it a few months ago (as with most of these fecking things) but one to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

As others have said , anyone who paid hundreds for it may or may not see that money ever again, that was pure gambling.

But in reality , yes its in a dying physical retail segment but i would be moderately impressed with their board appointments over the last few months and it seems like they will get pretty cut throat about closing their non profitable stores as they shift more online and expand their presence there.

The move to online could be good if done correctly as this is one area Gaming, Accessories , PC & PC hardware that Amazon doesnt do amazingly. When looking for these types of items on amazon half the time you are getting pushed to resellers who i would have little faith in or stock issues are obvious, or worse again in my opinion you search for a particular product of they try to shift some chinese crap on you instead of showing your search result correctly.

So in my opinion i think as a medium-long term play paying around the $30 mark is proabably ok , but right now just leave the stock find its natural bottom and then consider buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

How did you buy these??

NASDAQ:VCVC it's on degiro if you have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

kippy wrote: »
    This is an interesting one. I've been looking at Gfinity the past 8 or 9 months and it's in a similiar area.
    The company is yet to make a profit but some noise about some appointments there in the past year or so an some changes in direction with a hope to make a profit this current quarter.
    There have been some big percentage jumps in share price over the past few weeks.
    EDIT: Not suggesting it as a share pick at this point - think the value may have been getting it a few months ago (as with most of these fecking things) but one to keep an eye on.

In this since 17.68 but only have ten shares so am going to keep going with this one, I really like the premise of it. Tons of potential

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Heard a lot of buz around Silver last week. Bought Hecla mining - now well down. Any views on Ag - maybe hot air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Gamma1 wrote: »
    Heard a lot of buz around Silver last week. Bought Hecla mining - now well down. Any views on Ag - maybe hot air

Think there were rumours it was being driven by funds to offset their GME losses

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Would I be crazy to throw 1K into AMC for the lols? Very tempted.
    #SaveAMC the number 1 trend in the US! You couldn't write it lol
    Yawn

Up until two days ago you only posted about meme stocks with a few specific mentions to AMC now you yawn post someone who mentions it? Get the absolute **** out of here with that ****housery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Gamma1 wrote: »
    cc87 wrote: »
    Think there were rumours it was being driven by funds to offset their GME losses

Heard that too, however I have been reading reports online prior to the GME fiasco that silver is the new gold so it was being pushed forward for several months now!

Advertisement