Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ok I think I can finally say I've spotted a pattern for the next cannabis pump (think this one will peter out soon).

As the main players go up, there is a scramble into the canna-pharma space (penny stocks really). When noobs see the high price per share of the main players they want to get rich quick and scramble around for some hype on smaller entrants. There is usually a time-lag of one-three days.

Next time around, once there is a big announcement (examples: yesterday's announcement of Jazz taking over GW, more legalisation news in US, Aphria/Tilray merger, Canopy's integration with Constellation Brands), have a look at the small guys.
    I've no doubt it'll dip again in about a months time if there's no further news. This will the time to consider the smaller caps.

At the moment my small pharma players to watch are
    • Medipharm
    • Radient Technologies Inc
    • Revive Theraputics (tipped on here, phase 3 covid treatment!)
    • InMed (Working on synthesis in the lab as opposed to extraction from warehouses of thousands of plants)
    • Akerna (Mentioned on here... a picks and shovels player )
    • Champignon Brands (psychedelics treatment... be a while before you'd see this stuff covered on the VHI but I think the psychedelics space is the next green rush).

others I've an interest in are:
    • Greenrose Acquisition Corps. (SPAC someone tipped here a while ago... long way to go , maybe get in and get out before it fizzles out)
    • Organigram (They were belle of the ball on r/weedstocks a few years ago (along with ACB, APH and CGC). Taken a real trouncing but seem to be making a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Timmaay wrote: »
    Another idea here, what if we have half a dozen share picks 2021 threads, one for penny stocks (under 5$), one for growth sticks, one for all EVs, one for covid recovery stocks, and an everything else, and then a pure chit chat thread. You get to pick and choose which threads you wanna keep track of and ignore the others in areas you aren't interested in.

Penny stocks! Have you not seen the wolf of Wall Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

What’s the story with $SAVA ? Up 100 per cent today and when I read other notes, it was pittance last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Need to look into that one if it's EV, I don't have a position in sofi but it looks good, waiting for a dip.

I think he's brilliant, any pipe or company he's in has done well

Rivian is the rumour, but it's nothing more than murmours at the moment.
    https://investorplace.com/2021/01/spac-merger-news-why-ipod-ipoe-and-ipof-stock-are-on-the-move-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fruks

What’s the story with $SAVA ? Up 100 per cent today and when I read other notes, it was pittance last week.

SAVA published trial data for their Alzheimer’s disease drug which shows improvement in cognition and a major reduction in symptoms such as agitation and anxiety. There is no approved treatment for the disease so it is huge news.

I’ve owned SAVA for over two years so the last few days have been a savage result after a long time in the doldrums.

• Advertisement

Looking at the volume, the movement is definitely fading.

Gamestop
    Fri (22nd) - 196m
    Mon - 177m
    Tue - 187m
    Wed - 93m
    Thurs - 58m
    Fri - 50m
    Mon - 37m
    Tue - 78m
    Today - 41m

AMC
    Wed - 1,222m
    Thurs - 591m
    Fri - 602m
    Mon - 434m
    Tue - 462m
    Today - 216m

We're really hoping at this stage that either:
    (a) the stories about the shorts are true and they'll bump the price later in the week.
    (b) the ex-Robinhooders are just trying to setup accounts at other brokerages and will then buy.

For the craic I went and had a look at what insiders sold some of their Gamestop stock, wouldn't you be sick.

Screenshot-2021-02-03-222624.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I haven't been on for 5 days.. 77 pages... ha.. truly reflects the nature of the 5 days!

I didnr go through them all so someone may have posted before me, but thr MWS stock of the month is ServiceNow $NOW

This is the second time they have had this stock as SOTM; it was first put up in Feb 2019 and is up 160.3% since then.

Current price 521.71 - at time of posting.

Have a few quid to put in at the min. Watchlist was:
    MSFT
    PINS
    JNJ
    IIPR

Now, I'm looking at lithium and the need for lithium in EVs. I like the thought of a lithium ETF. Has anyone any knowledge of this one:

https://www.globalxetfs.com/funds/lit/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I have been watching savas rise closely, I have been talking on here about $ANVS the last year which is also making an Alzheimer's drug and is about 9 months or so behind. Been a nice week for them too and I'm a happy holder of the latter at a bep of 7 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Penny stocks! Have you not seen the wolf of Wall Street.

NIO, NNDM, APPS and UMC have alone more than doubled my account over the last year, and all of them were pennystocks when I 1st got into them (NIO and apps have gone 12x since then). Pennystocks are most certainly higher risk and well known for pump and dumps, but they can provide extremely good returns if you get the right ones and in the right market conditions (ie the most insane fed printing dollars bull run of the last 10months). In the wolf of Wallstreet he was simply scamming old ladies and losers into buying shares in dead pennystock companies lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Purchased second stock of the year today.

Bytes Technology Grp.

They have cash,low debt and growth has been good. Floated a few weeks ago so my SL is ok but not solid.

In stock portfolio:

Still hold Luce but down about 6% atm

Calnex still doing well and close to doubling my u realised PnL. Holding a half than normal size position in that.

Strategy allows to have 6 stocks at any one time but most I've been up to is 5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

DFV's latest update. He says that he's "gonna back off the daily updates for now". I would expect most will sell tomorrow?

Below might be why:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/business/roaring-kitty-gamestop-massmutual.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Intel more a buy than AMD? They are losing so much market share to them.

Yet the facts might surprise you. Intel actually clawed back a huge amount of AMD gained desktop/laptop processor share because AMD could not supply the CPUs and have no hope of meeting supply because TSMC does not have more spare capacity plus Apple and Samsung have booked a huge bulk of TSMCs manufacturing till 2024.
    AMDs price was for the future growth that their current CPU line-up could deliver. Guess what happens when companies fail to meet expectations..

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

bish76 wrote: »
    Bought and sold GEVO within a week 20% up.
    Opened Carnival and Royal Dutch shell on Monday. Will hold these though Carnival up 5%. Thinking of buying intrest in Airlines. Any suggestions please.

20% I've a feeling that you sold away to soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johny33

Treppen wrote: »
    Ok I think I can finally say I've spotted a pattern for the next cannabis pump (think this one will peter out soon).

As the main players go up, there is a scramble into the canna-pharma space (penny stocks really). When noobs see the high price per share of the main players they want to get rich quick and scramble around for some hype on smaller entrants. There is usually a time-lag of one-three days.

Next time around, once there is a big announcement (examples: yesterday's announcement of Jazz taking over GW, more legalisation news in US, Aphria/Tilray merger, Canopy's integration with Constellation Brands), have a look at the small guys.
    I've no doubt it'll dip again in about a months time if there's no further news. This will the time to consider the smaller caps.

At the moment my small pharma players to watch are
    • Medipharm
    • Radient Technologies Inc
    • Revive Theraputics (tipped on here, phase 3 covid treatment!)
    • InMed (Working on synthesis in the lab as opposed to extraction from warehouses of thousands of plants)
    • Akerna (Mentioned on here... a picks and shovels player )
    • Champignon Brands (psychedelics treatment... be a while before you'd see this stuff covered on the VHI but I think the psychedelics space is the next green rush).

others I've an interest in are:
    • Greenrose Acquisition Corps. (SPAC someone tipped here a while ago... long way to go , maybe get in and get out before it fizzles out)
    • Organigram (They were belle of the ball on r/weedstocks a few years ago (along with ACB, APH and CGC). Taken a real trouncing but seem to be making a comeback.

You might want to check Clever leaves if you haven't yet... They seem to produce at the lowest price and might become a big player soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

20% I've a feeling that you sold away to soon.

Know nothing about this company but from a TA point of view the chart is a nice pennant right now, looks like it could pop today or tomorrow to the upside. Futures negative at time of writing so maybe a little down today and pop on Friday.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Elon with the Dogecoin tweets this morn got the price up 20 or so percent for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭Treppen

johny33 wrote: »
    You might want to check Clever leaves if you haven't yet... They seem to produce at the lowest price and might become a big player soon.

Cheers, although I'm very much maxed out... considering I said I was done with the whole industry after I cashed out my Canopy shares for $25 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

DFV's latest update. He says that he's "gonna back off the daily updates for now". I would expect most will sell tomorrow?

From what I've heard, there was back channel discussions with SEC/lawyers involved. Loads of talk from SEC/Massachusetts regulator about monitoring social media for 'stock manipulation'.

sensible thing for the lad to do here is not say anything for a while.

In fairness the day he says hes out, the stock is gonna collapse

edit- just read on that article that hes a registered securities broker. I'd imagine they'll use that to throw the book at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Elon with the Dogecoin tweets this morn got the price up 20 or so percent for a while.

I saw it 5 mins after he posted and it had already risen loads, he can really move the market. Not that i'd buy any ****coin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Nokia reported upbeat results and its down in pre-market :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,335 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Handy way to make a few million if he's holding. Release a tweet. Some power!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Musk pushing DOGE price up with his comments on Twitter. Can't buy it on Degiro or ii so fomo kicking in.

Nokia reported upbeat results and its down in pre-market :(

Wasn't NOK one of the meme stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭endainoz

I saw someone recommend using Mywallst here recently. I just signed up for the free trial. Might consider getting it for a year as I like the way they are pushing long term stable investment. It seems more like a pension fund than a get rich quick type of thing.

The seem to have quite a good record with their stock picks. Have many here been using it over the longer term?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

endainoz wrote:
    I saw someone recommend using Mywallst here recently. I just signed up for the free trial. Might consider getting it for a year as I like the way they are pushing long term stable investment. It seems more like a pension fund than a get rich quick type of thing.

endainoz wrote:
    The seem to have quite a good record with their stock picks. Have many here been using it over the longer term?

I've just downloaded the app and signed up for the free trial also. It's very user friendly. Think I might stick with it for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Yeah its worth having for the year you will make your money back. Recently they have picked pricey stocks or stocks they have picked before which is not for my strategy so I tend not to go with those ones. (you should that's just me )but had loads of good runners last year on the ones I picked, PINS $25-$75, stone Co, Sea Limited etc.

If you put X amount into the stock of the month blindly each month your going to be in profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭endainoz

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Yeah its worth having for the year you will make your money back. Recently they have picked pricey stocks or stocks they have picked before which is not for my strategy so I tend not to go with those ones. (you should that's just me )but had loads of good runners last year on the ones I picked, PINS $25-$75, stone Co, Sea Limited etc.

If you put X amount into the stock of the month blindly each month your going to be in profit.

My (rough) plan would be to deposit 50 a month into it to buy the monthly share pick. Would slowly build things up anyway.

• Advertisement

For the craic I went and had a look at what insiders sold some of their Gamestop stock, wouldn't you be sick.

Screenshot-2021-02-03-222624.jpg
    To be fair, if I had my bonuses in Gamestop and had the chance to liqudate it at these prices, it'd be silly not to

Advertisement