Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Leary Throws Down The Gauntlet To NPHET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What pandemic? It's a severe flu season. Masks do not work. Social distancing does not work. Lockdowns do not work. Hand santizer does not work. They only serve to destroy the economy society and the mental health of our people who are paralyzed by fear social isolation and despair. We need to open up immediately to save our country from total ruin.

This is such obvious bull****.

How the **** can you say not spitting droplets of saliva all over other people and staying 2 m away from them doesn't work? It'll stop the spread of lots of transmitted illnesses.

Do you ever wash your hands? If so, why?

Or are you under the impression you "just get sick" and there's nothing anyone can do to prevent it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Whatever about the above, I know O'leary would have negotiated a much better contract with the suppliers and distributors than the disaster that's been the EU....need I say "Article 16".... Anyone in the private sector who authorized that would have lost their job!!

Article 16 was idiotic but you have read how we are now getting extra doses from them all of a sudden. Are you sure it was the EU's fault or all there fault

What's wrong with wearing masks and using alcohol gel in a pandemic? Genuine question.

I think we should be using masks and sanitizer for all flu seasons going forward. Will keep infection and hospital numbers down. Just wish we’d thought of it years ago b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So many ppl (family, friends, work contacts)have said to me they’ll be boycotting Ryanair for life after the despicable carry on of Ryanair over the last year.

They won't, heard this nonsense multiple times down through the years

• Registered Users Posts: 15,356 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    So you'd prefer Donnelly and Reid to continue to preside over our hideously inefficient health system? Right...(I'm talking pre and post Covid here)

Not a fan of Donnelly or that clown Harris who preceded him but the idea of giving a ministerial position to “rent a gobsh1te” o Leary is beyond a joke.

He’s great at the “tough sound bites”. Not so great at running a govt dept i would predict.

• Advertisement

Is that you wishing ill upon someone?

I wouldn’t wish covid on anyone but as a thought experiment Can you imagine the inane warblings from Mickey O Leary if he had it.

Would be painful to listen to his scutter talk on it.

No doubt he’d do a “intimate” interview with Barry Egan in the sindo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

You need to remember that the population of this country is largely ignorant, stupid and selfish at a fundamental level. If the messaging isn't clear that the virus is dangerous to themselves personally, the population will carry on to suit itself, harming the vulnerable in the process.

Our then thick population will then turn around and blame government for not doing anything to protect these people.

Tell lies and you will reap mistrust. Especially over the longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

If O'Leary was running the HSE then nurses, doctors etc would have to rent PPE and uniforms, patients would be charged more for sterilised utensils and you'd be woken up mid operation for the nurse to try and sell you some damn lottery tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

In his most outspoken attack on NPHET yet O'Leary has gone to town on Dr Tony Holohan and his crew:

Mr O’Leary said there “aren’t lots of young people getting sick and going to hospital” and said: “Part of this is due to Nphet miscommunication, their daily press conference trying to terrify the population. The reality is the UK will have everyone over 50 vaccinated by March, Ireland needs to catch up, hopefully by the end of June.

“Nphet, and the Chief Medical Officer [Dr Tony Holohan] if he was doing his job properly, should be holding a daily press conference announcing how many people have been vaccinated, not issuing scare stories of numbers of people in hospital. He’s the CMO, he should be dealing with the vaccine as vaccination is the way out of this Covid crisis, not these failed lockdowns,” Mr O’Leary continued."

https://www.independent.ie/news/ryanair-boss-michael-oleary-accuses-nphet-of-mass-hysteria-as-he-launches-tirade-against-health-chiefs-and-rte-40035305.html

This is brilliant and a wake up call to the covidistas who have our country in s sinister grip for almost a year.

More please!!!

Let's take our country back!!!

I'm a front line medic working 13 hour shifts in really uncomfortable ppe gear, not stupid cloth masks etc.

Posts like this infuriate me. Covid is real, spreads like wildfire, symptoms are not consistent and neither is the outcome, depends on the individual responses of the patient.

Younger people are spreaders, but as the virus mutates and replicates, which it will , they probably will get sicker.

Natural immunity us built up over hundreds of years. The common cold wiped out many local groups in the Americas for example, as they had no immunity.

We have to knock this on the head and buying into conspiracy theories is unhelpful.

Letting people just die is fine, until its you....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Just listened to O'Leary on RTE. What a legend calling it as it is.....

Fair play Mick. 100% correct about RTE, NPHET, EU slowness and government failure.

People you all need to wake up......vaccinate the over 50's and vulnerable (although god knows how long this gonna take with the Irish government asleep at the wheel) and get on with life. If you are still freaking out and want to stay at home after the over 50's and vulnerable have been vaccinated knock yourself out.

O'Leary has in the space of seven minutes told it as it is...... that RTE journo gonna need therapy, destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Would depend on the footfall and everything would be extra from the staying in the waiting room before and after. By the time your vaccinated it be €200

And if you're poor you can just die. Doubt Mr O'Leary will give a **** about anyone that isn't returning a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,736 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In his most outspoken attack on NPHET yet O'Leary has gone to town on Dr Tony Holohan and his crew:

Mr O’Leary said there “aren’t lots of young people getting sick and going to hospital” and said: “Part of this is due to Nphet miscommunication, their daily press conference trying to terrify the population. The reality is the UK will have everyone over 50 vaccinated by March, Ireland needs to catch up, hopefully by the end of June.

“Nphet, and the Chief Medical Officer [Dr Tony Holohan] if he was doing his job properly, should be holding a daily press conference announcing how many people have been vaccinated, not issuing scare stories of numbers of people in hospital. He’s the CMO, he should be dealing with the vaccine as vaccination is the way out of this Covid crisis, not these failed lockdowns,” Mr O’Leary continued."

https://www.independent.ie/news/ryanair-boss-michael-oleary-accuses-nphet-of-mass-hysteria-as-he-launches-tirade-against-health-chiefs-and-rte-40035305.html

This is brilliant and a wake up call to the covidistas who have our country in s sinister grip for almost a year.

More please!!!

Let's take our country back!!!
    This reads to me as a greedy, greedy man trying anything to get his business back up and running so he can add to his billions.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    Just listened to O'Leary on RTE. What a legend calling it as it is.....

Fair play Mick. 100% correct about RTE, NPHET, EU slowness and government failure.

People you all need to wake up......vaccinate the over 50's and vulnerable (although god knows how long this gonna take with the Irish government asleep at the wheel) and get on with life. If you are still freaking out and want to stay at home after the over 50's and vulnerable have been vaccinated knock yourself out.

O'Leary has in the space of seven minutes told it as it is...... that RTE journo gonna need therapy, destroyed.

He be better off if he did his own job properly and pay back the people he owes refunds to with months . He stated this morning everyone be refunded in 5 days which is a huge lie .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

He's an absolute clown.

I'll tell you one thing though, I'll be one of the first back on his planes when all this is over, irregardless of how big a tool he is.

F*ck paying Aer Lingus fares.

costacorta wrote: »
    He be better off if he did his own job properly and pay back the people he owes refunds to with months . He stated this morning everyone be refunded in 5 days which is a huge lie .

You try running a business where the government has effectively banned you from trading and see what you do......he is pulling every trick in the book to keep cashflow in his ailing business. I would be doing exactly the same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

seamus wrote: »
    Don't be fooled - Ryanair don't do anything that is in their passengers' best interests.

And isnt that the same with every business?

growleaves wrote: »
    Tell lies and you will reap mistrust. Especially over the longer term.

O'Leary is an acquired taste but it's about time someone of his stature took a crack at NPHET, the fawning media narrative to this point has been vomit-inducing. They need to be challenged, and reminded that they are not untouchable. These restrictions are in no way sustainable economically, when you consider that half a million jobs have been chopped for the sake of protecting <0.1% of the population. Something has got to give, sooner rather than later. Michael's criticism this morning will provide consolation to many, and perhaps galvanise more to speak out against the current system which is the opposite of egalitarian. The burden isn't shared equally, if it was NPHET and the Government would take a voluntary paycut in solidarity. "We're all in this together" is total codology.

He's an absolute clown.

I'll tell you one thing though, I'll be one of the first back on his planes when all this is over, irregardless of how big a tool he is.

F*ck paying Aer Lingus fares.

Love him to bits and will be all over Ryanair flights when the government gets their finger out......if Mick was running the vaccinations he would have found a way and we would be world leading in the jab charts instead of waiting for the EU to grind into action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

the kelt wrote: »
    I think thats unfair, ye would get there.

But the updates from the captain as you fly would contain anecdotes about the crime rate of the city you're landing in, the weather (only if its crap), the evils of alcohol and to please report any fellow passengers who dont have their seatbelts fastened when the light is on and how

And the only inflight entertainment would be Air Crash Investigation.

They won't, heard this nonsense multiple times down through the years

Wouldn’t be so sure. There’s a huge amount of anger out there at Ryan air and MOL specifically

Witnessed a mid 50s level headed business man crying tears of frustration and rage in his shop a few weeks ago in reaction to one of O’Leary’s BS sound bites

This man lost his wife to coronavirus a few weeks previous and here was Michael O’Leary belittling covid. Despicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭LeBash

O'Leary is nothing more than a shock jock waffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

He's a really ugly character. I can't think of a single redeeming feature.

Thankfully nothing he says actually matters.

the average Ryanair customer client base is not going to pay 250 euro + for there and back PCR tests in any case

Ryanair will have to wait to see if vaccines solve the problem

this "article" is pure bluster

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    Love him to bits and will be all over Ryanair flights when the government gets their finger out......if Mick was running the vaccinations he would have found a way and we would be world leading in the jab charts instead of waiting for the EU to grind into action.

He wouldn't. Don't be taken in by his nonsense and bluster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

Milking the cows this dreary wet Monday morning and heard O’Leary on morning Ireland.he was a tonic to listen to and didn’t spare rte either.more please

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They wear masks gloves space helmets rub alcohol on their hands and do whatever Tony says without question. They scream at people who pass them in the street.
    Yep, and anyone who gets too close. Every family should have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

To think that 'straight talking' Michael O'Leary has the interests of the country or the people at heart is laughable. And that old chestnut of..."we just need to get rid of [insert name of individual] and get Michael O'Leary in to run [insert name of organisation] and it'll be all rosy is equally moronic.

The level of delusional stupidity by some on this thread is almost depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭SteM

So many ppl (family, friends, work contacts)have said to me they’ll be boycotting Ryanair for life after the despicable carry on of Ryanair over the last year.

Very easy to say when there's nowhere to go and they're upset. I'm sure they'll be back on Ryanair flights in a couple of summers when things have died down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Those public health experts don't know what they're at. Let's take our advice from an attention seeking businessman.

Christ.

If there is one thing this pandemic has shown us it is how well qualified publicans are to give us public health advice. Who would have thunk that lads who pull pints of plain had such great knowledge of the transmission of highly infectious diseases?

• Advertisement

O'Leary is an acquired taste but it's about time someone of his stature took a crack at NPHET, the fawning media narrative to this point has been vomit-inducing. They need to be challenged, and reminded that they are not untouchable. These restrictions are in no way sustainable economically, when you consider that half a million jobs have been chopped for the sake of protecting <0.1% of the population. Something has got to give, sooner rather than later. Michael's criticism this morning will provide consolation to many, and perhaps galvanise more to speak out against the current system which is the opposite of egalitarian. The burden isn't shared equally, if it was NPHET and the Government would take a voluntary paycut in solidarity. "We're all this together" is pure codology.

Yup so easy to continue covering their rear ends on full state salaries. I think we all get that there is a risk to the very elderly and certain medically vulnerable people from this bug. Mick is simply looking at the risks and to anyone under 50 in modest good health Covid is such a tiny risk it isn't worth even talking about (and yes someone will dig up a 42 year old who just died from it and scaremonger the hell out of it....but we if reported on every disease and young death tragedy like we do with Covid we would do nothing, go nowhere and just fall apart...) . His premise of vaccinate the over 50's and vulnerable and then get on with life is for me is hyper cautions and probably overkill but sure he realises with the hysteria over Covid you need to claw people back to actually measuring real risk so by aiming for the over 50's he is belt and braces.

Get on with the vaccinations as O'Leary says and draw a line in the sand of the over 50's being vaccinated and open up.

If you r still freaking out stay at home but I won't be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement