Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Leary Throws Down The Gauntlet To NPHET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What pandemic? It's a severe flu season. Masks do not work. Social distancing does not work. Lockdowns do not work. Hand santizer does not work. They only serve to destroy the economy society and the mental health of our people who are paralyzed by fear social isolation and despair. We need to open up immediately to save our country from total ruin.

Yep. You would be the type that O'Leary would be targetting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I have a feeling this tosser will move into politics once his airline goes bust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Has anyone pointed out that NPHET do not run the vaccine programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When the vulernerable and all frontline staff are vaccinated I don't see how lockdowns can remain, there will be tumpleweed at the HSE pressers, they would have to merge briefings with the RSA to include road deaths and hospitilisations to keep the morbid level of interest going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You need to remember that the population of this country is largely ignorant, stupid and selfish at a fundamental level. If the messaging isn't clear that the virus is dangerous to themselves personally, the population will carry on to suit itself, harming the vulnerable in the process.

Our then thick population will then turn around and blame government for not doing anything to protect these people.

I don't think they are. It is highly patronising for NPHET to assume either.

There lies my gripe.

The least they can be with us is honest, I am sick of having to read between the lines.

Don't fall into the trap of assuming everyone is stupid, it is a lazy attitude to develop or harness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I spoke with friends in Germany yesterday. Last week we were being told that the German quality control had judged the vaccine not as effective on the over 65's.

I was told by a German yesterday that they are implementing a vaccination strategy of only using Astra Zeneca on under 65's as a result. For 2 reasons. The first being that the under 65's need to get back to work. The 2nd being that their own medical and pharma agency judged the vaccine to not working cohesively with over 65's.

Why are we not being told this?

What are they doing with other vaccines.

I have a feeling this tosser will move into politics once his airline goes bust.

People have been saying this for how long now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

O'Leary is a gobsh1te and has been a complete disgrace since the start of this thing.

All he cares about is shareholder returns for Ryanair. That's all he's doing. Same as Ryanair's big whinge back in April 2020 that they would be flying except that Governments won't let them. They don't give a single fvck about the safety of their passengers or crew, it's all about the money.

O'Leary's rant today is about as insightful as every other moron on boards and facebook claiming that there's some ulterior motive to what NPHET is doing and that lockdowns are ineffective.

He's got his headlines now, but really he's just pissed off because Ryanair are going to post a loss. He's a cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

This man should be president

What pandemic? It's a severe flu season. Masks do not work. Social distancing does not work. Lockdowns do not work. Hand santizer does not work. They only serve to destroy the economy society and the mental health of our people who are paralyzed by fear social isolation and despair. We need to open up immediately to save our country from total ruin.

Now you have shown yourself to be a Trumpian (at least) level Covid denier I think we can can all put you on ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Fair play to O'Leary, if Ryanair ran the vaccination program we'd all be lining up with our priority passes ready to be jabbed...Even if it meant paying €9.99 to receive your jab there's not one person who'd complain...

When the vulernerable and all frontline staff are vaccinated I don't see how lockdowns can remain, there will be tumpleweed at the HSE pressers, they would have to merge briefings with the RSA to include road deaths and hospitilisations to keep the morbid level of interest going.

Once the top 3 categories are done there is no way a locdown can go on. Other restriction such as social distancing in public and masks will continue but ya lockdown will be gone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What are they doing with other vaccines.

I honestly don't know.

My gripe is that why are we not being told this in the media?

The same media is frantically showing us home vids of panicking 20 and 30 somethings who got a cough for 2 days. All well and good, but at least report one of our largest European neighbours conveying indifference to our state sponsored vaccine?

I just want the truth, we all deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Those public health experts don't know what they're at. Let's take our advice from an attention seeking businessman.

Christ.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Fair play to O'Leary, if Ryanair ran the vaccination program we'd all be lining up with our priority passes ready to be jabbed...Even if it meant paying €9.99 to receive your jab there's not one person who'd complain...

Would depend on the footfall and everything would be extra from the staying in the waiting room before and after. By the time your vaccinated it be €200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Love it the same eejits that hated o leary a year ago for not returning their cash are up his hole now he is anti Gov haha.

My faith in our education system is waning. It supposed to increase the mental capacity of the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

O'Leary is full of blustery ****e.

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Let's not get the run of ourselves just because he is saying something populist. O'Leary would betray his own mother if it made him money in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

seamus wrote: »
    O'Leary is a gobsh1te and has been a complete disgrace since the start of this thing.

All he cares about is shareholder returns for Ryanair. That's all he's doing. Same as Ryanair's big whinge back in April 2020 that they would be flying except that Governments won't let them. They don't give a single fvck about the safety of their passengers or crew, it's all about the money.

O'Leary's rant today is about as insightful as every other moron on boards and facebook claiming that there's some ulterior motive to what NPHET is doing and that lockdowns are ineffective.

He's got his headlines now, but really he's just pissed off because Ryanair are going to post a loss. He's a cock.

Sounds like you are on a bit of a rant yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Would depend on the footfall and everything would be extra from the staying in the waiting room before and after. By the time your vaccinated it be €200

Even at €200 to be able to get the jab would be worth it, if you wait for the HSE to supply you with the jab then you'll still be here next year waiting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ah come on now...if Houlihan was running the airline there's a good chance you wouldn't even land in the city you thought you were headed to....

So exactly like ryanair?

Dr. Bre wrote: »

One good thing to come out of the Trump presidency was to show how bad an idea it is to have someone try run a country as a business. All they're concerned about is lining their own pockets.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Even at €200 to be able to get the jab would be worth it, if you wait for the HSE to supply you with the jab then you'll still be here next year waiting...

Where do you think you're going to get the jab from, magic it out of the air?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Good for him, finally someone publically challenging the hysteria.
    I’m very very happy that he said that Ryanair won’t be looking for proof of vaccination, that gives me hope to be able to visit family this year, instead of having to wait until they get around to vaccinating the lowest level of priority.

I honestly don't know.

The same media is frantically showing us home vids of panicking 20 and 30 somethings who got a cough for 2 days. All well and good, but at least report one of our largest European neighbours conveying indifference to our state sponsored vaccine?

Hold it your gripe originally was Germany were not vaccinating anyone over 65 and now it this 1 vaccine. I think its you who are trying to confuse people. So the fact is you do not know that they are not vaccinating people over 65

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭greyday

Go to the Doctor, just bring a copy of your contributions to this thread and he will give you the very strong stuff, probably a lifelong repeat prescription, win win for everyone.

Multipass wrote: »
    I’m very very happy that he said that Ryanair won’t be looking for proof of vaccination, that gives me hope to be able to visit family this year, instead of having to wait until they get around to vaccinating the lowest level of priority.

Is that's a promise he can make?.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I honestly don't know.

The media ran stories last Thursday be for EMA approval about the German decision.

Dr Colm Henry and Dr Tony Holohan were asked about it at the HSE and NPHET press conferences last week.

Minister of Health Stephen Donnelly was interviewed about the German decision last Thursday.

Various people were asked about the German decision over the weekend. If you watch the nphet press briefing tonight you'll see someone ask.

To sum up 8% of the people in the trial group were over 55. The Germans felt that the confidence interval over the efficacy was too wide in over 65s as too few over 65s were involved in the trial.

The EMA considered the evidence separately and they took into account lab based trials that showed a strong antibody response in over 65s and decided thag they felt there was no evidence of a difference between over 65s and the rest of the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Masala

What help will he give us when stuck in Spain if given a positive test on the return leg! He wont give two ****s.... he will just keep your money, get you to rebook at the higher 'last minute' prices and then leave you on the long road of ignored emails etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Multipass wrote: »
    Ryanair May be required to, depending on regulations introduced by countries they fly into.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement