Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork developments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

marno21 wrote: »
    It’s from the residents association of Bridge House which is the protected building of apartments on the quay side of Brian Boru Street.

Not sure of the ins and outs of the objection but you can put 2 and 2 together based on that information alone.

Height blocking natural light and lack of parking provided for the hotel if I remember correctly is the local residence issue

There is also someone commenting on poor attempts to maintain the architectural merit of the current building

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jcomm114

Hoping to buy a house next year, would anyone know if there are any new builds due to be available early next year? Either new developments or new phases of current developments.

Would ideally be looking at Cork city, Ballincollig or Blarney. Probably looking for 3/4 bedroom house, with a budget being around 400k.

Not sure anything I can see on Daft hugely appeals to me at the moment/ is affordable so would be great to know if there is anything due to come online soon that I can register my interest for?

(Not sure if this is the right thread, or if it should have it’a own)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

^ Heathfield in Ballincollig has stuff being built I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

rounders wrote: »
    Height blocking natural light and lack of parking provided for the hotel if I remember correctly is the local residence issue

There is also someone commenting on poor attempts to maintain the architectural merit of the current building

Not sure why a hotel so central within the city would need on site parking. It's 2021. Common practice across Europe and further afield for City Centre hotels to not have their own parking. The site is also in between two car parks with the even larger Kent car parks a few mins walk away, not to mention it being smack bang between the railway and bus station for public transport users/guests (5 mins walk to each)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Not sure why a hotel so central within the city would need on site parking. It's 2021. Common practice across Europe and further afield for City Centre hotels to not have their own parking. The site is also in between two car parks with the even larger Kent car parks a few mins walk away, not to mention it being smack bang between the railway and bus station for public transport users/guests (5 mins walk to each)

Pretty much exactly what the developer has responded.

I'm was only being the messenger, I don't agree with the need for parking across the road from the bus and train stations for the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭major interest

Jcomm114 wrote: »
    Hoping to buy a house next year, would anyone know if there are any new builds due to be available early next year? Either new developments or new phases of current developments.

Would ideally be looking at Cork city, Ballincollig or Blarney. Probably looking for 3/4 bedroom house, with a budget being around 400k.

Not sure anything I can see on Daft hugely appeals to me at the moment/ is affordable so would be great to know if there is anything due to come online soon that I can register my interest for?

Cluain Ard in Blarney and Barters Wood in Tower are new estates in construction/almost complete. Mainly 3/4 bed houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Cluain Ard in Blarney and Barters Wood in Tower are new estates in construction/almost complete. Mainly 3/4 bed houses.

My brother is in an estate near whites cross Coppinger fields still being developed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

73 houses going up atm on Sarsfield Heights by O'Brien & O'Flynn. First ones are being finished out now. Will be called Sarsfield Heights if you want to keep an eye out.

marno21 wrote: »
    73 houses going up atm on Sarsfield Heights by O'Brien & O'Flynn. First ones are being finished out now. Will be called Sarsfield Heights if you want to keep an eye out.

Will it be called Togher or will the developers lie again and call it Wilton. I know the answer already anyway its Wogher. Anyway word on the street is the council have bought the vast majority if not all of them. so much for not building ghettos anymore. Same with the estate across from the Garda station, corporation came in and bought the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody have an idea when the lahardane development is starting in Ballyvolane? They got planning last May, thought something would have started already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

Not many apartments on Patrick St, can only think of the front part of the Opera Lane ones.

Cork City Council gives green light to apartment plans for Patrick Street

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Massive fire at R&H Hall at the deep water terminal in Ringaskiddy;

• Registered Users Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Will it be called Togher or will the developers lie again and call it Wilton. I know the answer already anyway its Wogher. Anyway word on the street is the council have bought the vast majority if not all of them. so much for not building ghettos anymore. Same with the estate across from the Garda station, corporation came in and bought the lot.

Is there a way to actually see what houses have been bought by LA's for council housing? Can one do a FOI on the matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Jcomm114 wrote: »

There are a number of houses for sale in the Summerstown/Riverview area of Wilton. There's a bit of changing of the guard going on over the last couple of years, as people who were there when the estate was built, are now passing on. It's a great location for just about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Apogee

Really happy to see this bit of progress for the Marina, will make it a lot more usable in the dark winter mornings/evenings.

New roads, footpaths, and lighting promised for Marina

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭snotboogie

opus wrote: »
    Really happy to see this bit of progress for the Marina, will make it a lot more usable in the dark winter mornings/evenings.

Great to hear but Terry Shannon has some neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Gardner

Rumour has it 2 big modular construction extensions happening to Mercy Hospital and Mallow General Hospital. Anyone know any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Gardner wrote: »
    Rumour has it 2 big modular construction extensions happening to Mercy Hospital and Mallow General Hospital. Anyone know any details?

Are the mercy extentions in the ucc/distillery site across the river from the current site?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any update on the Marina Park Redevelopment?

• Advertisement

Are the mercy extentions in the ucc/distillery site across the river from the current site?

There are plans for lots of stuff in that spot, a new building for the Tyndall Institute plus whatever the Mercy are planning to build. Also for a new footbridge to give a more direct route across.

I jog along there a lot & was surprised by the amount of space once the many years it took to clear out the knotweed jungle was finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There are plans for lots of stuff in that spot, a new building for the Tyndall Institute plus whatever the Mercy are planning to build. Also for a new footbridge to give a more direct route across.

I jog along there a lot & was surprised by the amount of space once the many years it took to clear out the knotweed jungle was finished.
    I was in Tyndall a year or two ago and someone was telling me the plan was for a tunnel under the river. Absolute notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Gardner wrote: »

Not certain but sounds like this one

https://twitter.com/CorkCraneCount/status/1348045693072637957

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

I was down there the other day and was surprised to see 'greenhouse' type buildings in at the back of the 'jungle' and west of the old warehouses etc. They seemed to be quite substantial and had lights on...

If you paste 51.89919449833007, -8.489353273795711 into Google Maps, I think it's on the spot.

Any ideas? (Google says UCC Music, but those markers are often inaccurate)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

blindsider wrote: »
    I was down there the other day and was surprised to see 'greenhouse' type buildings in at the back of the 'jungle' and west of the old warehouses etc. They seemed to be quite substantial and had lights on...

If you paste 51.89919449833007, -8.489353273795711 into Google Maps, I think it's on the spot.

That's for the UCC BEES (biological, earth & environmental sciences) department

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

blindsider wrote: »

UCC Bioresources unit have some greenhouses down there I think. Music is up the hillside at St. Vincent's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

snotboogie wrote: »
    Great to hear but Terry Shannon has some neck.

Why? May I ask.

Pleading complete ignorance on this one.

TheChizler wrote: »
    I was in Tyndall a year or two ago and someone was telling me the plan was for a tunnel under the river. Absolute notions.

Silly idea, clearly a sky bridge is the way to go :)
    calnand wrote: »
    That's for the UCC BEES (biological, earth & environmental sciences) department

As regarding the green houses, what they said ^^^^

You can take a walk in there easily enough if you haven't been to see the layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Why? May I ask.

Pleading complete ignorance on this one.

He fights against most cycle and pedestrian schemes: more so than any other councilor I've seen. He's consistently against such schemes.

I believe of this particular scheme he last said something to the tune of "I'm on the fence and if we don't get a majority of submissions in favour of it, I won't vote in favour it".

He's now telling the media that he's strongly in favour of such schemes and trying to present himself as a driving force behind them, rather than one of the most vociferous people against them.
    He's simultaneously campaigning in the media against the bollard protection of existing cycle lanes btw.

I can accept a councilor being against pedestrian or cycle schemes, but this one has been exceptional / outstanding in his opposition.

He has said that he considers people campaigning for such schemes to be "extermists".

I'm not sure if this is painting quite enough of a picture for you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

He fights against most cycle and pedestrian schemes: more so than any other councilor I've seen. He's consistently against such schemes.

I believe of this particular scheme he last said something to the tune of "I'm on the fence and if we don't get a majority of submissions in favour of it, I won't vote in favour it".

He's now telling the media that he's strongly in favour of such schemes and trying to present himself as a driving force behind them, rather than one of the most vociferous people against them.
    He's simultaneously campaigning in the media against the bollard protection of existing cycle lanes btw.

I can accept a councilor being against pedestrian or cycle schemes, but this one has been exceptional / outstanding in his opposition.

He has said that he considers people campaigning for such schemes to be "extermists".

I'm not sure if this is painting quite enough of a picture for you...

You forgot "whingers".

Between making u-turns and jumping on bandwagons, I'd imagine he is a very fit man.

Advertisement